The Flash: Speed Force coming to Movie World

Guest Moderator

15 hours ago, franky said:

They were getting absolutely dragged in the comment section over using that 'ride-within-a-ride' marketing point again

It's a weak marketing point to begin with, VRTP probably focus test these things to death but I struggle to accept that that's the best line they came up with to promote the ride.

Between the number of people pointing out it isn't the first ride in a ride, and then all the people pointing out it was just a relocation from WnW, and then the people ridiculing how often it was closed for maintenance their continued promotion of this attraction is just making them an absolute laughing stock. 

What the hell are they doing in their marketing \ socials team anyway?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Yeah what is with that? Like she visited the park once? but isn't even touring Queensland? So what relevance does Village have with it? #bandwagon

Even Sydney Zoo, the place she’s actually attended while in Aus this time around, hasn’t shoehorned her into a post yet (not saying they won’t, it’d be unlikely for them not to at some point in the future, just that they’re not jumping on it immediately like MW has). They’re desperate to get the positive PR that Dreamworld’s got with their giveaways/discounts, and used her as a reason to do so/to promote it.

Edited by Tricoart

I kind of feel sorry for ANYONE running a social media page for ANY Australian theme park because it's like, what else are you going to talk about?! I looked it up and I haven't posted on this website in EXACTLY a whole year, like literally to the day and nothing has changed in the Australian theme park landscape. This isn't a post defending bad socials, it's a post decrying the sorry state of literally EVERY Australian theme park and their lack of forward progress in any swift or meaningful way, the lack of any additions actually being exciting, newsworthy or even worth mentioning frequently at all. Being a theme park fan SUCKS in this country...

• Like 3

22 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Yeah what is with that? Like she visited the park once? but isn't even touring Queensland? So what relevance does Village have with it? #bandwagon

I don’t like that to enter the contest tag you have to tag the artist, but it makes perfect sense to jump on the bandwagon. It’s the most engagement a post of theirs has had for awhile

I don’t know but this place needs “something” 

thought we’d pop in this afternoon, my first daytime visit in about 12 months. 

Dead, less people and far less atmosphere than dreamworld. 

once you pass Gotham burgers, it’s a dead zone to Wild West with not a single thing open except the carnival games which no one was using. Walked past maybe 10 people. Wild West queue 10-15mins despite the open attraction list being small. 2 years ago on a 30 degree summer weekend you’d be waiting 90mins plus 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

I don’t know but this place needs “something” 

thought we’d pop in this afternoon, my first daytime visit in about 12 months. 

Dead, less people and far less atmosphere than dreamworld. 

once you pass Gotham burgers, it’s a dead zone to Wild West with not a single thing open except the carnival games which no one was using. Walked past maybe 10 people. Wild West queue 10-15mins despite the open attraction list being small. 2 years ago on a 30 degree summer weekend you’d be waiting 90mins plus 

This no Suprise to me people are fed up with how Movie world is run. I went to Dreamworld last week and it was full of life it was pretty busy around 30 minutes to 45 for steel Tipan same for sky voyager and the Giant Drop had a 1-hour que in the afternoon.  But it was great to see and it didn't feel suffocating like Movie world.

• Like 2

On 23/2/2024 at 12:02 PM, WalleyWorld said:

Too busy creating nonsense competitions that involve tagging Taylor Swift's socials.

To that point, 9News was there earlier interviewing people leaving about wanting Taylor to attend Movie World again before she leaves Australia. Why? I don’t have a clue. Seems Movie World’s trying to campaign for her to come back for some reason, though, even though she’s not even in the state. 

I reckon Clark would be better off walking around his theme park and seeing what it looks like himself.... as i doubt he's stepped foot in the place recently based on this. I reckon a star seeing what a shambles the place is in would do more harm than good... embarrassing...

Theme giant Village Roadshow tells Taylor Swift if you loved us in 2015, you’ll be stoked on 2024

A Gold Coast’s theme park giant is joining Queensland’s push to attract Taylor Swift for her downtime week by reminding her of the great time she had on the rides nearly 10 years ago.

Swift, who has a week off from shows after tonight’s fourth and final Sydney concert before her tour continues in Singapore, had a ball at MovieWorld in 2015.

She did multiple rides with actor friend Blake Lively as well as enjoying getting up close and personal with marsupials at Paradise Country.

Village Roadshow CEO Clark Kirby said plenty had changed at the parks to give Swift new thrills in the nearly 10 years since she last visited: “We would love to extend an invite for Taylor and Blake to visit our parks and create some more amazing memories with their family and friends.

“Our theme parks are the ideal place for some downtime following an intense performing schedule where they can enjoy our world-class rides, attractions, shows and characters,” he said.

“Since their last visit in 2015, we have a host of amazing new attractions at Warner Bros. Movie World including the DC Rivals HyperCoaster - the tallest, longest and fastest HyperCoaster in the Southern Hemisphere - which would provide the perfect adrenaline hit.

“Over at Paradise Country, we have also welcomed some inquisitive new animals including meerkats and marmosets and they would love to meet Taylor and share some of their conservation efforts.”

Mr Kirby’s Village Roadshow invite comes as Queensland clamours to attract Swift and NFL star partner Travis Kelce. Tourism and Events Queensland on the weekend unveiled an audacious bid to convince Swift to have her downtime in the Sunshine State by signalling it would rename stunning Vlasoff Cay on the Great Barrier Reef – unofficially at least – as Tay Cay in a tribute to the music icon. TEQ has offered to put together a ‘Tay Cay’ package with helicopter transfers, a champagne picnic and opportunity to snorkel amongst the stunning coral and marine life. The invite also includes a luxury stay on a nearly exclusive private resort island, with a public ad campaign showcasing what’s on offer in the tourism hotspot until Tuesday.

Meanwhile, Mr Kirby said like the rest of Australia his household – including three daughters – had been caught up in the Taylor Swift juggernaut, taking in one of her Melbourne shows.

“Hopefully on her next tour she will be here on the Gold Coast performing checking out the new Wizard of Oz precinct at Warner Bros.

Warner Bros. Movie World was “Hollywood on the Gold Coast”, he said.

“So it makes perfect sense we resonate with superstars. Given our close location to Village Roadshow Studios, we are ideally positioned to welcome some of the biggest stars. But the beauty of Movie World is that every guest who walks through the gates is transported to an environment where they can experience the life of an A-Lister.”

https://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/news/gold-coast/theme-giant-village-roadshow-tells-taylor-swift-if-you-loved-us-in-2015-youll-be-stoked-on-2024/news-story/cc87c022c600b4adb9e7b55bbb922a45

this is such an embarrassing article. You don’t even mention one of the rides you’re going to be opening soon in it. 

I don’t see Greg begging Taylor swift to go to dreamworld. Draw your own conclusions with that one

Edited by Baconjack
  • Love it! 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, New display name said:

I hate poster theming

So do I, but it does look nicely presented, good amount of gardens around the queue and it’s another ride to add the parks list; right now that’s what they need. 

That doesn’t excuse the fact that it’s basically the same effort as Green Lantern had. And those two small shade sales aren’t going to do anything for protecting guests during summer (they obviously didn’t learn from their mistakes with Green Lantern either)

2d comic art is fine but Village has proven that it can do that style at a good standard with Doomsday. What’s the excuse here?

I guess given this is a last minute addition that’s been done to resolve capacity issues and nothing else they will just put in the bare minimum amount of effort 

Edited by Baconjack