Green Lantern Coaster

joz

They bought the Coaster before they got council permission apparently. Its going over the little creek that runs out the front of the park. Not to sure of the borderline, I will have some info later in the week... The Batman Shop will re open with the new coaster opening & photo pick up too for the new themed coaster

SO nice that it is sorta out there now.. I can stop dropping so many little hints that people just don't get lol... I just find it amusing that they had to move this to the currently proposed site due to the fact main roads thought it would be too big a distraction to motorists on the highway if it was placed on the grass area between the car park and the service road... What about, let me think... All of WWW? Tower of Terror and Giant Drop? Batwing and Superman? WnW's new attractions? At least it would be hidden mostly behind the trees and shrubs they have lining the highway.

if it was placed on the grass area between the car park and the service road...

Sorry, but that right there is the dumbest rumor I’ve ever heard on the history of this site. What theme park in the universe would put a new attraction outside the parks paid admission area on an isolated spot, on the far side of a wide car park....That would be like Dreamworld building a new attraction over at the friggen Mobil roadhouse. Try harder next time please.

Sorry, but that right there is the dumbest rumor I’ve ever heard on the history of this site. What theme park in the universe would put a new attraction outside the parks paid admission area on an isolated spot, on the far side of a wide car park....That would be like Dreamworld building a new attraction over at the friggen Mobil roadhouse. Try harder next time please.

No offense but "rumor" is spelt rumour in Australia!!! Try harder next time please!!! :) Seriously though, totally agree. It was VERY silly to even give voice to this absurd idea...

Look back through this thread and see that I was one of 2 people who knew what was happening since day 1... Why would I knowingly create this when I have factual information that has been previously posted. It may not be correct but given the rest of the information I had that is now out there that was...

Dude, to claim they were going to put this coaster nearly 100 metres outside the park boundary makes you look foolish. Regardless of how correct your other info was,you really should have thought it out before posting that. I mean, what kind of reaction did you expect when you posted that completly outlandish rumour as fact ? I just heard wet n wild is joining with the outback spectacular and the outback spectacular will now be shown in the wave pool.

Settle down peeps!! Lets just be grateful and excited that a brand new full circuit coaster is coming to one of our Parks this year! Speaking of which can anyone provide an update on it's construction? Are we seeing footings being poored yet or are they still just leveling out the site?

Agreed. Thank god for Movie World and Village Roadshow - seemingly the only Aussie theme park company willing to build decent full circuit roller coasters (yes this is a dig at Dreamworld/Ardent)

Cheers for that! Once they have the site leveled & prepared it should all move pretty fast. A December opening should allow for a decent job given the ride will be basically one great big Meccano set and slapped up rather quickly Oh and Moderators, any chance of changing the title of this thread to something a little more appropriate? ie "New ride for Movie World"? cheers Mikey

Dude, to claim they were going to put this coaster nearly 100 metres outside the park boundary makes you look foolish. Regardless of how correct your other info was,you really should have thought it out before posting that. I mean, what kind of reaction did you expect when you posted that completly outlandish rumour as fact ? I just heard wet n wild is joining with the outback spectacular and the outback spectacular will now be shown in the wave pool.

Sorry to bring this back up but, as someone's already mentioned, wasn't it clear from newspaper articles that the park was looking at expanding in that direction previously? It's not unheard of that a theme park has ordered a coaster before deciding on a location. I don't think you can dismiss the idea that they were planning on expanding the park in that direction completely unless you have some inside knowledge.

Sorry to bring this back up but, as someone's already mentioned, wasn't it clear from newspaper articles that the park was looking at expanding in that direction previously? It's not unheard of that a theme park has ordered a coaster before deciding on a location. I don't think you can dismiss the idea that they were planning on expanding the park in that direction completely unless you have some inside knowledge.

Yes - it is totally plausible that mw would build a ride 100metres outside the park boundary, and then obviously connect this to the park via a series of bridges leading from inside the park to outside the park and back again. I'm all for Movieworld expanding but to claim that they were going to plonk a ride out on the grass - and then to say it was rejected by council because it would cause a distraction on the highway... seriously... And if this was a planned ride for the cancelled motorsport themepark then fair enough.

wasn't it clear from newspaper articles that the park was looking at expanding in that direction previously?

Groan...Youd still have to infill the space in between somehow, with rides shops etc over a period of time. I mean look at what they'd have to do. The closest connection point from this area by the highway, to the existing park, is where Roadrunner is. from there, its 220m: post-88-0-89164900-1310636327_thumb.jpg Understand now?