Arkham Asylum: Shock Therapy (Lethal Weapon Retheme)

ads086

The guard with a tv on his head is taken from the game an is the best thing about the theming also remember how movie world said who would be seen on this ride, poison ivy, bane, killer croc, jOker and Harley Quinn. I have seen killer croc cell with just his eyes, and a room with a tank of liquid which I don't know who it is for but joker and Quinn is just voice over its a shame no actual statues or anything which would look great

Agreed. It would have been great to see some animatronics or figures other than Guards. I like the concept of the cell with the red eyes and banging noises but would have been good if there were cells for all the baddies

They'll probably bring out a few characters for the opening week. But in saying that Batman was hanging out around the Batwing for a while in the morning on Wednesday as well as the green lantern just outside the DC comics store near the entrance.

Edited by rac2703

Wouldn't be the green tank in the courtroom with TwoFace? http://www.youtube.c...CvzFVKXg#t=480s

Thats just acid...... You really think we need Killer Kat? Like what's been said before for those who havn't played either Arkham.... Banes dad was a crim, and died in prison. So they forced his young son to serve his time....In this time he worked out excessively and read alot. Then many years later a doctor , gives him an injection of Venom, making him become big Bane. Turning him into what you know. He then liked what he became and needs this tank every 12 hours to stay like that or die basically.

Now that hes been put into Arkham, Dr something has drained him because Joker anonymously asked the doc to extract ALL the venom and make it more self sustainable as in no tank is needed. Thus turning venom into Titan. You then fix him and fight him. Then wrap him round your car (joke made in City.)

Edited by jjuttp

Heres my take. I had seen the theming previously and I really think as far as 'coaster station theming' (because that's all it is, it's an outdoor coaster so I don't car what anyone says, the ride itself does not have theming at all) it's pretty solid and up with the best you'd expect from any park really. It's a really well presented attraction and I believe a step up from the original lethal theming. However it's all completely moot IMO. After riding today the new train has to be one of the greatest improvements Ive seen to any ride ever. It's a completely new ride, and a great own. You can now enjoy the forceful layout without any pain and head hanging AT ALL. Yes SLCs track badly but you can't change that, but the ride experience is now very enjoyable and the restraints very free. As long as the seat belts are adjusted right you don't even know they are there. So yes, a new theme allows the purchase of the train to be viable so I'm all for anything that has allowed that to happen. My only thoughts is they may need a second train because this could now be a VERY popular HIGHLY re-rideable attraction.

^ That is what I said, I could see this ride being very popular again and needing 2 trains. I mean it opened with 2 so I think now with an even more enjoyable ride experience it could see large numbers, I mean its not like the park has gotten smaller and is seeing more visitors all the time so I would assume 2 is needed; I've seen days when it was LW with large lines. Plus then it could take the strain off some of their other thrill attractions :) and help spread the people out, I'm guessing they would only use it during the holiday period, but that is what they use the 2nd SE train for. I'm hoping I can enjoy/try this new experience some time mid year (finger crossed), until then I will wait until I see anything in person before I make any comments or judgements on the new re-theme.

Edited by Original

Yes and I take back my previous comments about a second train not being needed, I really didn't think the trains would make THAT much of a difference. I think the park is smart to only have one and see how demand goes, but I could imagine it being pretty high.

Had the chance to experience arkham asylum this morning and it truly is now a wonderful ride. Long gone is the head bashing and rough ride. The new trains feel smooth and I could really enjoy the ride instead of worrying about pain. The theming is great. The wallpaper really didn't affect my experience and the queue was well done. The cells were well thought out and should keep the long queues at bay. There is no real storyline to the ride but it didn't affect the experience. It feels like a coaster inside arkham asylum, regardless of the plot from the video game. No sign of onboard audio which was in the media release and I forgot to ask where it was. Congratulations to Movieworld on this addition. This coaster will be very popular and they will need a second train in peak times. The new brakes At the end of the ride are smooth. Channels 7, 9 and 10 were there this morning so there may be a piece on the news tonight so keep an eye out. I can't wait to see what they do with the old lethal queue and cinema. There's a nice big space there for a new addition. My guess will be an extended maze zone for fright nights, but they will leave it as is for now

Cool "patient file" that contains your on ride photo. a great keepsake of a great ride!

Actually I think that little "I turned those frowns upside down" tag is a great little bit of humour that both fits the themes and really sums up what has been achieved with the new trains. I really can't express how impressed I am with this change of the train the park has come up with, it's taken a 17 year old 'Never Again' ride and made it IMO one of the best on the coast. I'd honestly expect to see a lot of management of overseas parks with an aging SLC to be visiting Movie World very soon and placing orders with Kumbak for these new seat hangers. Edited by djrappa

I agree on the two train thing. I was there today and the line stayed at about an hour to an hour and a half all day. Even scooby doo's line up was shorter. I must say though the harnesses do come down quite hard on your legs towards the end but i suppose that will go away like it did on MDMC.

I was at the parks today and I managed to see the ride from the outside and I saw the theming outside. I didn't go onto it though sadly but I will be within two weeks(fingers crossed). They closed the cinema a couple of months ago so they may be doing very radical inside. I like the look of the area and it looks really nice. I m puzzled why they wouldn't have two trains as it would refuse the queue times radically.

^^ Cinema entrance has been closed for ages, the side entrance was made to encourage guests at Superman to ride (when it was Lethal) and now it fits into the "DC Hub", especially considering the China Town entrance will be closed currently. ^ Having attend the media event this morning (report shortly) I can assue you they did not have characters for the media event at least

Edited by One day holiday

Has the theming been finished finally (especially the tower and surrounds)? And do we think they are still planning on going ahead with the on-board audio or just not bothering with it now?

There was a big random unfinished purple building where the track pit was on Tuesday.. probably not finished as they haven't said anything yet officially.