Sea World Wild: What Could It Be?

the12thworld

• 1 month later...

Oh come on! Seriously? You guys took him literally?

After MBA's (i think) joke about one maintenance man in Dreamworld, (and my discussion on that thread about cracks previously in sea viper), can nobody put two and two together and realise he was joking?

Geezus!

If it were true, it'd be the announcement that would deserve it's own thread, or at least a post in a viper related thread... not a throwaway line on an unrelated thread.

Coupled with the fact that mattcrombie seldom spins shit and we only usually hear from him when he has actual news to share, I gotta say my ears pricked up and I started paying attention to this thread for a moment.. speaking of,does this now need to be split off into one of the other many sea viper threads?

I am also curious - and since it seems to have been lost in the melee i'll ask it again -

is the 'Wild' poster still on display in the park (there was a billboard next to the skyway station across from shark bay that had both Wild and Storm - now that Storm is open, i'm wondering whether any changes to that board have been made. With just a year until wild's posted '2015' opening date, i'm wondering whether work will begin - or whether (like LTRR and the Mini-MovieWorld Cars Ride) the concept has been shelved to head in another direction.

I am also curious - and since it seems to have been lost in the melee i'll ask it again -

is the 'Wild' poster still on display in the park (there was a billboard next to the skyway station across from shark bay that had both Wild and Storm - now that Storm is open, i'm wondering whether any changes to that board have been made. With just a year until wild's posted '2015' opening date, i'm wondering whether work will begin - or whether (like LTRR and the Mini-MovieWorld Cars Ride) the concept has been shelved to head in another direction.

I wouldn't think that they would just forget about this. It will probably be a major attraction and allow animals to be seen that haven't been seen in South- east Queensland before. I am sure the animals coming to Sea World are from another zoo and the deal has been made. Last time I went there was plenty of sand in place, but reclaiming land can take time as the sand has to become solid to ensure that it won't break away over time. I would say that we will start seeing major work start by the end of the year.

The Gold Coast Theme Parks Facebook page posted this on the 14th December:

post-29557-0-06008500-1391130857_thumb.j

Edited by themagician

Yeah so probably not a good idea to post all that stuff danaant, seeming as your involvement and agreement with Future of Fun included a confidentiality clause. Anyway, based purely of a hunch and tidbits of non confirmed info I've heard, I think Wild may very well go the way of the Mini-Cars at MW...

^From memory that survey had a non-disclosure agreement attached to it. ;)

Exactly. If we want to have an insight and a say in the direction of that park we need to respect their requests for confidentiality.

^From memory that survey had a non-disclosure agreement attached to it. ;)

Would hate for VRTP to stop sharing these concepts with us because they end up just posted on forums.

Must admit I did the survey but hadn't realised it was confidential either. Better start reading these things more closely!

Must say I'm not especially sad to see the Dinosaurs go, always found it odd and out of keeping with the theme of the park.

I thought it was quite good though and they made use of land that wasn't being used. But i do agree that it isn't something major that will be missed. It will be interesting to see how they place WILD though. I hope that it does't stand out majorly so it looks odd in a sea creature park. I know it will have land animals, but they could make it work quite well. We will just have to wait and see.