2015 in Dreamworld - ABC Kids World, V8 Supercars and more

Reanimated35

For some annoying reason I can't get the release through the asx at the moment, but really there's not much to go on in the article.  From what I can see the article talks about the Revenue results for one month, and poor weather in March, which their definitely was.  Much of that weather also interrupted Chinese New Year, which is a week and a half where any attraction with Koalas is pretty much granted a license to print money.  Would like to read the full release, there isn't much to go on here to draw any kind of conclusions.  

Edited by joz

For some annoying reason I can't get the release through the asx at the moment, but really there's not much to go on in the article.  From what I can see the article talks about the Revenue results for one month, and poor weather in March, which their definitely was.  Much of that weather also interrupted Chinese New Year, which is a week and a half where any attraction with Koalas is pretty much granted a license to print money.  Would like to read the full release, there isn't much to go on here to draw any kind of conclusions.  

Here's the interesting things

1.thumb.JPG.e228d26e65523cb17bd89ac2101a

2.thumb.JPG.2cbf9d2017a09a5027d5be5fe6f03.thumb.JPG.e7764556c0b8605ba0f1fe77abc34.thumb.JPG.6e5209bb900a2783cfebc57a60a55.thumb.JPG.650872a9041a48264b21927b91d1 

And the full report...

42yvhtgmg757sw.pdf

Does anyone else wish DW fixed the mine ride rather than building the moto-coaster?

​Wow, no one's ever thought of that...

End of the day, we have the abomination that's MDMC and we have to live with that. We can't just pursuade Ardent  to get rid of a ride that isn't exactly old to be shut down, just so a ride which is obviously not up to operating and safety standards to be re-opened.

I guess it's probably just me having higher expectations for family coasters, since I've been spoiled for choice with those types of rides throughout my childhood, but I gotta say, MDMC is definitely a bad coaster.

Let me compare it to the closest comparison: Jet Resuce.

Jet Rescue has a great layout. It's forceful, it's twisty, and doesn't feel repetitive. All while staying at an appropriate level for families. MDMC, while being at a family level, is bland as beige. Not really any forces, no real airtime. To me, it feels like a massive helix of sorts.

MDMC has horrendous restraints. Every time I ride, I also end up having bruising and grazing on my knees due to the stupid position you're held in. Not to mention the restraints aren't exactly the easiest to get in and out of. Jet Rescue is a much simpler version. It doesn't have the motorbike experience, but at least I don't get a dead leg.

Finally, I would say Jet Rescue has the better themeing. As much as I love a good ride themed around racing, MDMC has been left at the starting gate. It desperately needs some TLC. Jet Rescue, with all it's campiness, is better because it doesn't look like its worn. Sea World obviously keep maintaining the ride.

End of story, I can see why some may like it but MDMC is just a generally bad ride when compared to another of the same model, only a short drive away. With all that said though, I don't think that we should be petitioning to have it torn down. It's not exactly at the end of its life span, and it still draws some crowds. 

I defiantly agree that Jet Rescue is better in every way. I don't think MDMC should be removed, as it isn't a bad ride, but it could defiantly be improved. The issue begins with the bikes. They are uncomfortable and aren't the easiest restraints to get into. The leg section for the restraint needs a lot more padding. The themeing is alright, but once you leave the station, that's it. As said, there is no major thrills to the ride excluding the launch. It mostly stays at the same level, and just has smooth turns. This may be due to the size of the bikes (not sure on that one). I think the issue is that the park advertise it as a thrill ride. It is more of a family ride. But I would say that most kids like to say that they went on a thrill ride/adults ride. If the track had more sharp turns and helix's it would be a definite improvement. This is unlikely though, as the track would have to be redesigned and that would be costly. I do enjoy the ride when I go on it, but it isn't one I have to go on, mainly because of the uncomfortableness of the ride.

I guess it's probably just me having higher expectations for family coasters, since I've been spoiled for choice with those types of rides throughout my childhood, but I gotta say, MDMC is definitely a bad coaster.

Finally, I would say Jet Rescue has the better themeing. As much as I love a good ride themed around racing, MDMC has been left at the starting gate. It desperately needs some TLC. Jet Rescue, with all it's campiness, is better because it doesn't look like its worn. Sea World obviously keep maintaining the ride

Well honestly DW is pathetic at maintaining their coasters. They just let them sit until they rot.

If Dreamworld marketed this as a family ride, in the same category as Thunder River Rapids, I'd be happier.

I've only been on it the once. The lines are always too long, and DW always seems to operates only one train.

I mostly don't go on it because I hate that it exists. It's a 10 million dollar mistake. Dreamworld could have gotten something much better. 

If Dreamworld marketed this as a family ride, in the same category as Thunder River Rapids, I'd be happier.

I've only been on it the once. The lines are always too long, and DW always seems to operates only one train.

I mostly don't go on it because I hate that it exists. It's a 10 million dollar mistake. Dreamworld could have gotten something much better. 

I've never waited more than about 3 minutes for the motocoaster. 

It depends when you go, but I wouldn't say the queues are always too long.