Speculation: New Attraction Planned for Movie World in 2016

while i know its never going to happen what they need to do is right there infront of them . replace the looney tunes river ride with a brand new well themed looney tunes dark ride . im sure they don't have the budget to do so tho

That would be perfect! However the mini kids car thing is fairly new, and basic as it may be I doubt they'll want to waste that investment by replacing it just yet.

Well I'd love to see the park start to expand past the DC area and bring people to the back area of the park around the Stage Show & WWF.

Or the entire WB Kids area get some love.

However, around the DC area I'd love to see something go into the helix of SE and the unused cinema of LW/AA and open up the LW shop as a food outlet or something.

just wanted to state my opinion on what I would like to see for Movie World's Newest Attraction planned for next year.

I wouldn't mind to see a wooden coaster based on the new movie "Mad Max" to be placed at the back the park where the Show Stage currently stands.. (down the bottom of this post, I have made a map/diagram on the area and how they could use it for the attraction) The Western area needs a new attraction very soon, having WWF and Bumper Cars isn't enough for the area. I think this could be a great addition to the park. 

Here's an idea on how they use the area for the coaster...

the toilets near the Show Stage would be the queue line for the ride

the area in the red could be a dark section of the ride, they would have to make an extension to the Show Stage for them to make the dark section

and the yellow section could be used the outdoor section, :)  

most MW employees are placing bets that the new attraction would be a dark ride something like the Spiderman Ride at Universal Studios Orlando (source came from one of my mates who works at the park)

"sits back and waits for someone to criticise me for suggesting a Woodie" 

Screen_Shot_2015-08-11_at_9.23.15_pm.thu

Edited by The_Ninja_59

most MW employees are placing bets that the new attraction would be a dark ride something like the Spiderman Ride at Universal Studios Orlando

If these bets turn out to be true, I would be insanely happy. I went on The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man at the Osaka park, and it was easily one of the best experience's I've had on a ride. While it felt cartoony and outlandish, it felt real enough to suspend disbelief with very minimal effort. 

Let's say that this new attraction is a Multi-Motion Dark Ride, could we see Sally Corp return to our shores?

"sits back and waits for someone to criticise me for suggesting a Woodie"  

I would personally prefer an RMC with the Mad Max franchise as it fits the insanity and craziness of the franchise :D

I don't have a problem with it being a woodie (as long as it's a good woodie), but I'm just wondering how you would do a Mad Max dark ride section. How would you approach it? What would the scenes be? What would the story be?

I'm just wondering how you would do a Mad Max dark ride section. How would you approach it? What would the scenes be? What would the story be?

That's obvious.

"Two trains enter. One Train leaves." "Two trains enter. One train leaves."

I guess what I'm trying to say is it will operate in exactly the same manner as Green Lantern.

;)

As far as I recall the most expensive attraction at MW was Wild West Falls and that doesn't even count for inflation. 

That budget wouldn't even be a quarter of what's required for a Spider-Man Type ride and it's been years since even that kind of money was spent. 

• 2 weeks later...

If it is a coaster, please make it high capacity. Given it is by fair the best Park for coasters, it is pretty embarassing how low capacity their rides are. Some they can't really fix, but I would hope they have a bit of foresight for future coasters. Many Inverteds in America are 4/row * 8 rows/train * 4 trains.

Many Inverteds in America are 4/row * 8 rows/train * 4 trains.

By necessity.

When you regularly see millions of people attend your park, you've got to be able to work them through quickly.

Our parks don't see anywhere near the attendance figures of the US parks, so the obviously don't need 4x 4x8 trains. The only thing you'll achieve by doing that is running trains half empty, or leaving trains stack in the brake runs whilst you wait for the one in the station to finish loading\get full.

Two trains is enough here at the moment (although they have to run them!)

By necessity.

When you regularly see millions of people attend your park, you've got to be able to work them through quickly.

Our parks don't see anywhere near the attendance figures of the US parks, so the obviously don't need 4x 4x8 trains. The only thing you'll achieve by doing that is running trains half empty, or leaving trains stack in the brake runs whilst you wait for the one in the station to finish loading\get full.

Two trains is enough here at the moment (although they have to run them!)

Of course. I wasn't saying we should have that many, was just highlighting that Australia is WAY behind. Running two trains is a necessity in my opinion. And although America has a lot more visitors, I don't think they have that many more that their wait times are equal given their biggest parks have more coasters with higher capacity. I haven't been to these parks myself so I can't give first hand experience, but a friend went to Kings Island and said that on a Weekend in Autumn the longest wait times were around 30-40 mins. Not something we would ever see at Movie World on a weekend. I think Americans just have less tolerance for waiting. I remember waiting for Arkham Asylum for around 1:20 :P