Doomsday Destroyer - 2016 Movie World construction

21 hours ago, downunder196 said:

I don't think it's been brought up on here yet but I was there yesterday and noticed a couple of things in storage behind WWF. As you go past the tents you can see a couple of things behind the facades of the village briefly. Not sure if its related to the new area or not but it's worth a look if you're at the parks anytime soon.

Well no wonder you couldn't see anything properly - you must have ran straight through.

(He didn't run.... because it was past tents...)

Speaking of theming, looking at those pics we're going to have to get a LOT of theming. I know they promised a lot in that regard, but look at the SDSC fire escape, the brick toilet block, the Show Stage/SDSC gap.

They really need to put in a lot in addition to Doomsday. I hope they either "fill" the space or leave designated/promoted space for another small DC Villain attraction/flat ride for 17/18.

Edited by Glubbo

1 hour ago, lifeofsamage said:

I'm thinking the hole could be a hydrolic pit (just a theory). Also has anyone else noticed the new speakers in the Wild West area. Just another theroy but could this be to drown out the noise from the construction? 

I think the hole *could* be the floor which could lower so people don't chop their feet off when the ride is running?

Re the speakers, are you talking about the black ones that are on the side of the SDSC building and on some light poles towards Dirty Harry? If so, those have been there for a while (well and truly before any of this started).

5 hours ago, lifeofsamage said:

I'm thinking the hole could be a hydrolic pit (just a theory). Also has anyone else noticed the new speakers in the Wild West area. Just another theroy but could this be to drown out the noise from the construction? 

Yeah when I was there last week I noticed the music which I couldn't remember hearing before.

1 minute ago, reanimated35 said:

I know "reo bar" still works, but what a stupid name. It's not "reonforcing bar" it's "REinforcing BAR"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebar

What you're forgetting is that we as Australians generally suffix 'O' onto most things - like Davo, Bottlo, etc...

So "REBAR" is short for REINFORCING BAR

but, in Australia,

"REO" is short to "REBAR"

Saying "REO BAR" is like saying "Dunny Toilet"... its redundant.

On 25/2/2016 at 3:41 PM, Santa07 said:
15 minutes ago, reanimated35 said:

I know "reo bar" still works, but what a stupid name. It's not "reonforcing bar" it's "REinforcing BAR"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebar

Very large holes = good things to come

Instead of REO BAR you should say, the deformed bar has turned up on site.  That's if you want to get technical.:D  Looks like 3 cages on site so far.  As long as no more cages turn up then it looks like. - 3 Piers + 1 pile cap.

Edited by skeetafly

• Richard featured and unfeatured this topic