Doomsday Destroyer - 2016 Movie World construction

15 hours ago, Theme Park Girl said:

I did get some more AA piccies, does that count? ?

Wrong thread TPG. They belong in the Dreamworld thread.

17 hours ago, downunder196 said:

13254139_1744384202443494_7480727534422798105_n.jpg.

I'm just looking at this going... "awesome paint job. looks great. how long will it last, and will they bother to put so much effort into the repaint when it has faded in the summer sun? "

I'm just hoping the buildings, facades and theming in this area will be more of a Main Street standard and less of an Arkham Asylum standard. I was rather disappointed with Arkham's 2D wallpaper mural and cardboard tower. The 2D wallpaper mural in this new area is a little bit of a worrying start -- but my usual tactic is to judge things far too early, so I am not going to this time. I am sure(ish) the whole area will look great when finished.

Speaking of the Arkham tower -- does anybody know why they are working on it when it hasn't even been up there for that long?

8 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

Little strange...

meanwhile TPSN has posted a pic of the DD arms back on the ground saying they are having a refit. I'm not even going to pretend to understand what he means by that.... "Oops we ordered the wrong size?" 

Lol. I think I know. He messaged me this morning asking what was going on with it (like I would know ?) and I joked and said that maybe they are altering the arm and refitting it. Seems he decided to run with that theory ???

They seem to be having a few problems installing the ride.  When the tower went up I saw them lifting the motors up.  The next day the motors where sitting in the pit and sat there for weeks.  The arms where being installed yesterday and now the arm is back down on the ground.  Is it really a carnival ride like people have said because to me you can erect a carnival ride in a couple of days?  I do like the effort move world have put into the colours.

28 minutes ago, skeetafly said:

Is it really a carnival ride like people have said because to me you can erect a carnival ride in a couple of days? HOURS

It's a carnival ride as such in the way that similar rides can be found at a carnival, but's not a travelling ride.

Take this XXL for example. It's a travelling carnival ride on the back of 3 semis. It takes 6-7 hours for 4 people to assemble it. 

136_4212_174.jpg

3 hours ago, GoGoBoy said:

I'm just hoping the buildings, facades and theming in this area will be more of a Main Street standard and less of an Arkham Asylum standard. I was rather disappointed with Arkham's 2D wallpaper mural and cardboard tower. The 2D wallpaper mural in this new area is a little bit of a worrying start -- but my usual tactic is to judge things far too early, so I am not going to this time. I am sure(ish) the whole area will look great when finished.

Speaking of the Arkham tower -- does anybody know why they are working on it when it hasn't even been up there for that long?

I think we've already seen photos of the 3D buildings they're constructing around the plaza. The 2d mural is obviously just the far background, to blend what's in the foreground.

As for the Arkham tower, i'm pretty sure LW had a similar structure in place, and the Arkham stuff is just a wrap around that. So the tower itself has stood since Lethal was first built, which may be the reason for such extensive overhaul.

Update - photo proof. Nearmap apologises for the poor quality image.

lethal tower.png

4 hours ago, Theme Park Girl said:

Would love to know this, too. That's a hell of a lot of scaffolding lol. Almost looks like one of those traditional Japanese buildings ?

20160518_162916.jpg

images(24).jpg

Very true. And I love that you used a Japanese building from Epcot for comparison, rather than one from Japan. How appropriate for a theme park site!

Alex -- why wouldn't they have just fixed it at the time they were constructing the Arkham tower? And are we sure the Arkham tower was a 'wrap' and they didn't construct it from scratch? I remember that burnt out building facade you are referring to, but not sure if it is the same thing. I just find it strange that such a simple, cheap, flimsy tower facade already needs such extensive work carried out to it. Or maybe I just answered my own question.

• Richard featured and unfeatured this topic