Doomsday Destroyer - 2016 Movie World construction

1 hour ago, Tim Dasco said:

Im surprised they didn't just use bricks in the first place.

I haven't said too much about this because from experience I know that generally when it all comes together it ends up looking good. But I have to say I have been worried about the material used on these facades. It just feels like the whole thing is meant to be an indoor set. But I assume there is more to come in terms of making the vertical and horizontal brick panel join lines invisible.

You can see the savings they made if they used a product like this - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/like/141964622141?lpid=107&chn=ps

Or maybe it's this - http://www.durabric.com.au/

Based on what I can see from finished examples using the various fake brick panel products available (such as Durabric above, and others), the join lines should not be visible, at least once it's all fully installed. Maybe the panels are actually going to be painted?

Edited by GoGoBoy

2 minutes ago, bladex said:

but the arms are now in the way. they would now have to take the whole thing apart now to get them in. you'd think they would have put the ring on 1st.

I'm sure they know what they're doing. My guess is they'll have it done by the end of the month and move on to discussing more exciting things. 

On 11/08/2016 at 7:29 PM, reanimated35 said:

#bringbackthelamp

#justiceforlampy

On 24/07/2016 at 10:35 PM, Glubbo said:

Done! Enjoy! :D

cheeky.jpg

...never forgotten.

On 08/07/2016 at 0:27 PM, AlexB said:

#SpearGate

On 13/08/2016 at 9:14 AM, Theme Park Ninja said:

taken from the MW site, this is what the final ride should look likeBSS4-Doomsday_Destroyer-v2.jpg

No spears on the ride gondolas?
#speargate continues?

Edited by Glubbo
layout

some of that fake brick work looks like it has been grouted or something between the joins. Top section looks more realistic because of it, so maybe that is what is going to happen with the rest of the panels? mix up a cement grout mix and fill in the cracks so it looks like mortar.

1 hour ago, YLFATEEKS said:

As to be expected there is a lot of differences between the artist impression and the final ride.

there always are I'm starting to wonder whether that ring is actually going on at all. we haven't actually seen it anywhere however the rest of the pieces including the seats were stored nearby before the ride actually even went up.

Edited by bladex

3 minutes ago, bladex said:

there always are I'm starting to wonder whether that ring is actually going on at all. we haven't actually seen it anywhere however the rest of the pieces including the seats were stored nearby before the ride actually even went up.

Unless there's been a last minute change, it will be there soon. 

• Richard featured and unfeatured this topic