Doomsday Destroyer - 2016 Movie World construction

1 hour ago, Brad2912 said:

It's basically an old school pirate ship crossed with the claw, meh.

Aside from it being about 10m taller, does loops, can run in opposite directions at the same time and can pause at the top of the arc.

i didn't say this is the revolutionary, grand, super amazing ride, I actually said from the start I felt they are planning two completely separate rides. Some of the suggestions people are making (that aren't coasters) would see budgets of 20+ million to build. Do you really think they have the budget for that AND a mega coaster? 

It's not that bad a choice of ride all things considered. It'll appeal to a lot of people just like rides like the claw and wipeout does. Its something complete different for the park, so doesn't really have anything to compare to. If you don't like coasters it's pretty slim pickings for adults to ride. I imagine their choice for a flat ride reflects that.

I don't think it's a terrible choice, but it feels like a 'filler' attraction. Which, granted, it is. I just feel like that type of ride is not going to draw any new business to the park. I liken it to shockwave opening at DW, though they also launched Buzzsaw the same year, so it was the 'minor' attraction to their 'major' addition. 

If you are correct, I hope marketing focuses on it being 'the attraction before' the BIG one, potentially even revealing what that will be. 

Alright. I can't tell you my source without getting them into a lot of trouble. I can confirm 100% exactly what the park is getting for the area in front of the showstage. 

If you'd rather keep the surprise til the official announcement, don't click below. Otherwise here you go.

Spoiler

It's a new ride that will be the first in Australia. There is only 1 other like it in the world at this stage which is located in Switzerland. The most ingenious part of the ride, is that if they're ever not happy with its location, they have the option to move it around the park.

The only problem is that it has a very low pph count to it and does require several staff.

Spoiler

Edited by reanimated35

6 hours ago, coasterdude44 said:

I love simulators, preferably the ones done by Intamin with open air cars and huge dome screens. There is a lot of possibility to be imaginative and immersive with a ride like that

Reading this, and i've just realised that a BTTF or Simpsons clone installed into the showstage would be about the only way I could ever imagine them turning that building into a ride...and i'd be happy about it too!

I mentioned the idea of Movie World creating an attraction themed to The Lego Movie a while back which makes me wonder if maybe it could be part of whats coming in front of the showstage. The fact the movie was made by Village Roadshow and Warner Bros. has been a big factor behind the idea in my mind, however I'm not sure if the Lego company would licence for an attraction due to the fact they already have interests in their own themeparks. I am very excited to see what Movie World has instore whatever it may be :)

7 hours ago, sam11 said:

I mentioned the idea of Movie World creating an attraction themed to The Lego Movie a while back which makes me wonder if maybe it could be part of whats coming in front of the showstage. The fact the movie was made by Village Roadshow and Warner Bros. has been a big factor behind the idea in my mind, however I'm not sure if the Lego company would licence for an attraction due to the fact they already have interests in their own themeparks. I am very excited to see what Movie World has instore whatever it may be :)

Press release while sleepwalking: Warner Bros Movie World in a world's first, a coaster constructed entirely of Lego.

In all seriousness, a Lego theme would be good for an interactive attraction. I wonder if the driving school is just populating the old Looney Tunes site until they do something serious there - maybe a Lego themed boat ride might work. Not sure who the IP sits with there.

I'm still thinking an Intamin Spinning Star first up and then a coaster, which will be a thrill ride, but maybe not as big or good as we are hoping for.

Yep, a brand can sell off movie rights and theme park rights seperately. Just because the production company uses the brand in their film, doesn't give them the rights to use it in their theme park. 

Lego, The Simpsons & Harry Potter being the best examples, and until recently Star Wars & Marvel. (Although Marvel attractions still exist in universal parks, even though they're now owned by Disney.) 

18 hours ago, Levithian said:

That left me with the double hammer which ticked all the boxes and it's what I have stuck with for a number of months now.

Like this, currently at Luna Park Melbourne? 

images(21).jpg.ac0a7bda48585b8d8a3e1b23f

You can't be serious. It's a bloody carnival ride, one that has been doing the rounds as part of travelling shows for decades now. I'll be so disappointed if this is all Movieworld is getting in... ???

18 hours ago, dmh said:

I just got informed of more news for Warner Bros.

images(22).jpg.f61a27e6055de05a133018b77

24 minutes ago, bladex said:

wonder what the pipes are for?

14 minutes ago, Glubbo said:

Stormwater or sewage. Won't be a wet ride, not with WWF just around the corner.

By the looks of them I'd say they're stormwater. They look to be about 450-500mm - way too big for potable water. 

I'm with Levithian as I also have done research and came to the double hammer ride after narrowing out many others. I never told anyone but it's interesting to know someone else came to that result aswell.. At least I'm not crazy

6 hours ago, OceanGirl said:

Like this, currently at Luna Park Melbourne? 

images(21).jpg.ac0a7bda48585b8d8a3e1b23f

You can't be serious. It's a bloody carnival ride, one that has been doing the rounds as part of travelling shows for decades now. I'll be so disappointed if this is all Movieworld is getting in... ???

There are numerous carnival rides in place at the Gold Coast theme parks, the difference being they are a more permanent structure which does improve the quality of the ride. I'd wanna go on this and I'm sure a lot of parents and kids would too.

To me it almost looks better then the claw, shockwave, and tailspin at dreamworld so out of all flat rides in place at the parks over the recent years I think it's a good choice, that is if Levithian is correct (to which is concur)

Edited by buzzkill13

21 minutes ago, buzzkill13 said:

There are numerous carnival rides in place at the Gold Coast theme parks, the difference being they are a more permanent structure which does improve the quality of the ride. I'd wanna go on this and I'm sure a lot of parents and kids would too. 

No, a more permanent structure does not mean a carnival ride is any better. It's the same ride, just with theming. This isn't Aussie World. Village Roadshow parks have quality standards. And sadly they have just dropped their bar in a major way if they think a 20+ year old show ride is what people expect to be added to their Park.

No offense but I really hope you and Leviathan are wrong with your prediction ???

27 minutes ago, buzzkill13 said:

To me it almost looks better then the claw, shockwave, and tailspin at dreamworld so out of all flat rides in place at the parks over the recent years I think it's a good choice, that is if Levithian is correct (to which is concur)

I can tell you right now, the ride pictured is no where near as good as the The Claw. Constant complaints arise regarding the Luna Park installation; "the lap bars are too tight," the ride program is sickening". I'm almost confident that they would not have chosen this style of ride for its sheer lack of originality and good thrill.

• Richard featured and unfeatured this topic