Doomsday Destroyer - 2016 Movie World construction

TTPSN claims that the coaster could be similar to the Steel Dragon 2000 coaster in Japan, with how much information they got right in the past (NOT) I wouldn't be surprised if he made up the rumour like what he has done before..

Edited by The_Ninja_59

I'd imagine it would be cheaper to manufacture today than it was, nor would it need as much reinforcement as needed in Japan to "earthquake proof' it.

Regardless of those points, i reckon you can lock in a big NO for that idea.

32 minutes ago, xRazzBerryx said:

I think Cobra's Curse is a worlds best Spinning Coaster. Well.. It spins for half of it ? Although, it is a family ride & Movie World just got a family ride.

No to the family ride.

we're looking for the best thrill ride Possible

Does anyone know why there are no documents attached to any of those applications? It would certainly help us to know what's going on.

I have probably answered my own questions there. I suppose they're trying to keep the detail from their opposition! Frustrating though as I'm the sort of person who'd find those documents absolutely fascinating!

Movieworld (and the other theme Parks) generally don't need their DA's to go before council to be approved. They basically have blanket approval to develop within their site, within conditions. A private assessor has delegated authority to approve on the councils behalf, as such the documents are not submitted to council for deliberation, so are not uploaded.

thats my understanding anyway..

I am just as excited for this as the next guy, but i was really looking forward for some type of wooden coaster and was betting all my chips that it was going to be something like a Rocky Mountain, Intamin Woodie or GCI. Having  a huge woodie in the park would have added variety and given something that Aussie parks desperately needed. We already have a great steel sit down coaster in the park called Superman Escape. And plus Green Lantern, Arkham and even Scooby, do you think yet another steel coaster is something that park desperately needs. Especially in a period in the last few years that great modern woodies like Outlaw Run and all the RM Coasters are all the rage

Could the building demolition be just for those smaller western-style buildings/facades next to the show stage? I would also be a bit disappointed to see the show stage go, only because I know how much Village likes to re-purpose existing buildings for new indoor/dark rides, rather than go to the expense of building entirely new ones. I understand the show stage is too small for a traditional dark ride, but it could always be extended (as I believe Scooby was when it was converted from Gremlins). Also, it could surely fit a themed compact coaster -- something along the lines of the Dark Knight coaster at Six Flags. As I've said before, this would also solve any noise issues.

Regarding any potential new coaster - lift hill please! I am not a fan of the intensity of launches, plus Superman is such a famous launcher already. And Australia needs a massive, suspenseful lift hill!

Edited by GoGoBoy

I've been away all weekend and I'm trying to piece together what's going on, so if this has already been covered please forgive me.

How valid are these claims that its going to be a Mack coaster? I know RCDB has quite a good track record for these types of things, but it seems quite odd for this to show up out of nowhere.

I'm not trying to say I think that this whole Mack discussion is bull, but rather it seems quite odd that we haven't really seen anything other than a single post on TPR and RCDB. Just something a little bit "offical" is all I'm asking for.

Edited by Zanstabar

^I just checked RCDB, they just list it as a rollercoaster, no mention of Mack. I've found with RCDB, details don't go up until they are confirmed facts. Three interesting aspects are they identify the coaster as steel, sit down and most tamtalisingly: "extreme".

Anyway, the Churro Death Cart Coaster will add a nice Mexican flavour to the park.

Soon, we'll know.

Edited by downunder

I'm going out on a limb here, but extreme sit down steel coaster and worlds best. I'm going to say Hyper Coaster, and that idea was only out in my head because the first we saw of the Western area being blocked off was a first time poster with hyper in their name. 

I just think a hyper coaster would fit the bill for a world class attraction and fits the definition of extreme steel coaster. 

5 minutes ago, Original said:

I'm going to say Hyper Coaster, and that idea was only out in my head because the first we saw of the Western area being blocked off was a first time poster with hyper in their name. 

Hmmm.. Maybe Hyper is an account made by Movie World which has been used to tell us in code what the ride will be ;) I see.. I see. hahahaha 

18 hours ago, coasterdude44 said:

I am just as excited for this as the next guy, but i was really looking forward for some type of wooden coaster and was betting all my chips that it was going to be something like a Rocky Mountain, Intamin Woodie or GCI. Having  a huge woodie in the park would have added variety and given something that Aussie parks desperately needed. We already have a great steel sit down coaster in the park called Superman Escape. And plus Green Lantern, Arkham and even Scooby, do you think yet another steel coaster is something that park desperately needs. Especially in a period in the last few years that great modern woodies like Outlaw Run and all the RM Coasters are all the rage

the only park on the gold coast that needs a new roller coaster is dreamworld .

VRTP parks already have roller coasters i wish thay would start thinking outside the box and add some non roller coaster

attractions

9 minutes ago, JeffreyMoore said:

VRTP parks already have roller coasters i wish thay would start thinking outside the box and add some non roller coaster attractions

A flat would be nice, although there must be a reason why they don't put in many flats. It must be the direction they would like the park to go in? Six Flags MM has hardly any flats and its still a great park. Also, if the GP saw a flat & then a coaster, most would pick the coaster. 

• Richard featured and unfeatured this topic