DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

I stole photos again but for once I think TPSN got some good close ups.

How many footers are in this one pit?

14480560_1120270138054593_7352006230970116514_o.jpg

Timber stakes holding the formwork in place.

14542587_1120270441387896_5034159260305483947_o.jpg

Tie-down for the poles\post waiting to be fitted inside the reo cage.  You can see the metal templets and how they are incorporated to set out the tie-down rods into the correct position. 

You can also see just under the top templet a timber formwork box.  Once the footer is finished the top templet is removed along with the timber box.  This will leave a hole in the concrete for the flange on the bottom of the post/pole to slide into.

14560199_1120270078054599_3399596916683131951_o.jpg

2 footer complete just waiting on the formwork to be removed and 2 footers ready for the formwork and pouring of the concrete to finish the cap.

14566208_1120270301387910_7892587235501924681_o.jpg

Some of the footers are round and some are square.  Table to lay the plans on.

14566367_1120270431387897_7739758121334042444_o.jpg

Footers everywhere

14589837_1120270444721229_4301415183797254984_o.jpg

One of the footers are happy.  Looks like it got a tick of approval.

Edited by YLFATEEKS

Nice pics, just FYI, any of the footers seen with the steel liner around them would normally be for the concrete section to sit above ground level, a lot of the times, this will stay around full time (if the liner is stainless steel).  It does sometimes help to get an idea of how they plan to finish the ground works.

I imagine it would be considered wrong to launch a drone on the outside of the fence to go straight up to get an idea of the pattern of footings?  Or has anyone tried to see an overview from the Highway driving past if that is high enough?

It is a very interesting layout, so many bunched in one area does not give much of an idea from ground level of the layout.  Did someone say they will be making an announcement soon about the ride?  

Great pictures from all so far, keep them coming.

2 minutes ago, thunder001 said:

Nice pics, just FYI, any of the footers seen with the steel liner around them would normally be for the concrete section to sit above ground level, a lot of the times, this will stay around full time (if the liner is stainless steel).  It does sometimes help to get an idea of how they plan to finish the ground works.

I imagine it would be considered wrong to launch a drone on the outside of the fence to go straight up to get an idea of the pattern of footings?  Or has anyone tried to see an overview from the Highway driving past if that is high enough?

It is a very interesting layout, so many bunched in one area does not give much of an idea from ground level of the layout.  Did someone say they will be making an announcement soon about the ride?  

Great pictures from all so far, keep them coming.

I have never seen a coaster with formwork left on even when the footers are above the ground.  Some in the background are above natural ground and have had the formwork removed.  Why would you pay all that money for stainless steel formwork?  @AlexB will on day have the latest map of the layout.

Just now, YLFATEEKS said:

I have never seen a coaster with formwork left on even when the footers are above the ground.  Some in the background are above natural ground and have had the formwork removed.  Why would you pay all that money for stainless steel formwork?  @AlexB will on day have the latest map of the layout.

True, its not standard on coasters at all...its only new in the field I work in (we have used it in the last 6 months only as the cost of the footing apposed to extra height required on the pole or tower in steel, its cheaper option).

Would imagine your correct that it wont stay, just pondering the question.

Just now, thunder001 said:

OK, so asked a favor and here are overhead photos from the 22/9 this year.

It looks like a couple of turn around areas from the layout of the footings, but it is way to early to be sure...anyone care to guess...

EPSG3785_Date20160922_Lat-27.909012_Lon153.316519_Mpp0.149.jpg

EPSG3785_Date20160922_Lat-27.908444_Lon153.315662_Mpp0.149.jpg

EPSG3785_Date20160922_Lat-27.908026_Lon153.313968_Mpp0.149.jpg

Great photos maybe more like these in a few weeks would give even more clues

The one thing that stands out is the position of the drilling machine in both the overhead photos as well as the ones taken by @YLFATEEKS yesterday.  Either it is sitting there currently as it is not been used, or it is drilling more in that area.

There are more pier cages over that way currently so it could be that the rides main turn-around is in that area.  Anyone's guess at the moment.

18 hours ago, Jamberoo Fan said:

Early July 2016 to early March 2017 (45%) - Site preparation/footing placement 

Just did a quick guess calculation on the length of the new rollercoaster using the time periods for track installation in the timetables above plus the length of SE. The guess results in an approximately 1.9km long rollercoaster.

Do you really think its gonna take another 4-5 months to put the footings in?It seems like they have put in quite a few in just a few days.

Also a 1.9 km coaster would cost s**tloads, i think it would be closer to the 1.3-1.5 km mark if its a hyper, which is still a very solid length.

1 hour ago, thunder001 said:

EPSG3785_Date20160922_Lat-27.909012_Lon153.316519_Mpp0.149.jpg

Does anyone think the coaster will utilize this bit of land, or is it to early to tell?

29 minutes ago, Glubbo said:

I think so. What element is in Mack's repertoire regarding dive loops, hammerheads or Immelmanns?

I see the out-and-back nature of this coaster now. Any chance it'll go over the swamp near GL?

Yeah they have definitely cleared trees and surface for something. It could be like flashes turnaround, not sure of the name of it but its like a side loop sort of thing.

2 hours ago, Ryande16 said:

Do you really think its gonna take another 4-5 months to put the footings in?It seems like they have put in quite a few in just a few days.

Also a 1.9 km coaster would cost s**tloads, i think it would be closer to the 1.3-1.5 km mark if its a hyper, which is still a very solid length.

Remember, it is only a guess based on SE. It has already taken 2 and a third months to prepare the site (July, August & early September) for the new rollercoaster & we've spent two-thirds of 1 month (approx. 20 days during September) watching the 1st footings being placed. And that's just the area next to the MW car park entrance sign - according to the satellite images recently posted, they still got the area next to Justice League: Alien Invasion 4D & Green Lantern to do, the area alongside Entertainment Road as well as the remaining area around MW's car park road. We don't know even know yet if there are more footings to be placed where there are already footings - it depends on the complexity of the track layout.

Regarding cost, SE cost AUD$16 million (Note: This includes non-track costs) so based on a 1.9km track length for the new rollercoaster, that would mean a price of AUD$50 million (adjusted for inflation too) for this new rollercoaster. Again, remember that price would include non-track costs such as landscaping, theming, footpaths, amenities etc - not the rollercoaster alone. Also, note this quote from the CEO of VRTP:

...it is of significant gross capital cost....

Does anyone know what the most expensive ride/attraction addition in Australia has been thus far? WWF rings a bell but I think I might be wrong...

To be a little more flexible regarding track length, maybe a 1.52km (if 4 month track installation) to 2.28km (if 6 month track installation) track length. 1.9km if a 5 month track installation which is my main guess.

12 minutes ago, bladex said:

^^ isn't that where topgolf is going?

6 minutes ago, Ryande16 said:

Lets hope not!

We went all through that last week. Don't worry about TopGolf.

Edited by Jamberoo Fan

15 minutes ago, Jamberoo Fan said:

Remember, it is only a guess based on SE. It has already taken 2 and a third months to prepare the site (July, August & early September) for the new rollercoaster & we've spent two-thirds of 1 month (approx. 20 days during September) watching the 1st footings being placed. And that's just the area next to the MW car park entrance sign - according to the satellite images recently posted, they still got the area next to Justice League: Alien Invasion 4D & Green Lantern to do, the area alongside Entertainment Road as well as the remaining area around MW's car park road. We don't know even know yet if there are more footings to be placed where there are already footings - it depends on the complexity of the track layout.

Regarding cost, SE cost AUD$16 million (Note: This includes non-track costs) so based on a 1.9km track length for the new rollercoaster, that would mean a price of AUD$50 million (adjusted for inflation too) for this new rollercoaster. Again, remember that price would include non-track costs such as landscaping, theming, footpaths, amenities etc - not the rollercoaster alone. Also, note this quote from the CEO of VRTP:

Does anyone know what the most expensive ride/attraction addition in Australia has been thus far? WWF rings a bell but I think I might be wrong...

To be a little more flexible regarding track length, maybe a 1.52km (if 4 month track installation) to 2.28km (if 6 month track installation) track length. 1.9km if a 5 month track installation which is my main guess.

We went all through that last week. Don't worry about TopGolf.

Fury 325 track took about 3-4 months i believe and thats like 2-2.2 km. But then again they were against time and their opening. 

50 million..... well then. 

6 minutes ago, themagician said:

Storm Coaster has been the most expensive to date at $20 million

What makes it so expensive?  Its so short. 

• Richard changed the title to DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion
  • joz locked and unlocked this topic
  • joz locked this topic