DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

1 hour ago, Intimidator305. said:

Compared with rides other parts of the world are getting, I believe Movie World would have chance to win the Golden Ticket Awards for Best New Attraction Of 2017. At the least I believe that this ride could take the cake for best roller coaster in Australia easily.

I think at the moment 2017 will be MW's best chance of getting a Golden Ticket Award for best new attraction because there are not a lot being built. The USA is not getting many roller coaster this year (unless RMC Mean Streak opens this year) There are a few in Europe but as an overall its a quiet year for roller coasters. So its Movie Worlds best chance winning.

Re the Golden tickets, there does actually seem to be very few big rides opening.

The biggest thing CF are doing is Mystic Timbers and I don't think the mean streak RMC would open till 2018.

Ditto SF are just putting in free spins.

SW san Antonio is putting in a Jet Rescue sort of ride.

Silver Dollar city have an unknown new coasters.

Movie Park Germany is going to open their star trek mack launcher.

Various Chinese parks are opening B&Ms.

That's all the worthwhile announced stuff.

Hopefully Australia will be the star!

Edited by Gazza

On the topic of big rides for next year. I believe there is a park in Europe that are adding 3 roller coasters next year and a major Vekoma or Intamin (Public can decide) the year after. Cant remember the name of the park.

On topic about Mean Streak, RMC have already started installing tack. So it could be opening in 2017 as 2 years to install track is a long time.

7 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

im not sure whether it's your style of writing or an actual belief, but you are increasingly coming across as a "I know more than you do" "holy than thou" contributor. 

We have @loki75 join the conversation and offer up some info he feels comfortable sharing, and whilst we all receive anything unconfirmed with trepidation and an element of skepticism, you wrote post after post, and long drawn out ones at that, basically telling him he's wrong, but at the same time admitting you haven't seen the plans yourself so are only guessing. 

You need to ease back, not in your number of posts or your effort to get involved in topics, most of your stuff is quality, but you are starting to really overanalyse and over critique to the point your posts have gone from adding value to the conversation to now being about trying to prove you know more and everyone else is wrong.

I usually write long messages if I feel my message won't be interpreted correctly when written short. The one above is an example of one (and I'm still not sure if it's understandable). Also, since @loki75 posted about the plans they seen, all but the last of my messages was short too. I definitely don't think I'm more knowledgeable on rollercoasters etc. than most forum members or everyone combined. I've learnt a lot from reading forum posts on Parkz in fact.

And I never said they were wrong - I think nearly all of what they said is correct. It matches some of the footings already visible on site after all. It was just the lift hill I wasn't sure if it was interpreted correctly. If they said it was just a guess based on the plans they saw, I wouldn't mind - at least I knew so I understood how they came to that conclusion.

6 hours ago, loki75 said:

In regards to footing positions ones further away from the track would seem to indicate support for a greater height.

Looking at Flash @ Lewa also by Mack Rides large supports can be seen on the right hand side and a long straight section from the station.

The left doesn't show any large supports.

Flash.JPG

So I gather in the plans, the footings are along the banks of the swamp indicating Version 1 like you said?

See, I'm just not sure if you mistook the lift hill footings for the brake run footings. Given where you said the station is located, the brake run footings would probably be very close to some of the lift hill footings.  The brake run track would be pretty much above the brake run footings while the lift hill track would be above as well as far away from the lift hill footings. If it was Version 2, the 'far away' lift hill footings would run along the road near the brake run footings and that would mean, you could have mistaken the brake run track as the lift hill track due to seeing footings near the banks of the swamp. Understand what I'm thinking?

And was the station in the right spot?

4 hours ago, Intimidator305. said:

People will definitely be able to see this ride from their houses. Just wondering if that would be an issue?

Batwing Spaceshot is equal to the minimum height of a hypercoaster so if MW's new hypercoaster is the same height, the height wouldn't be an issue for residents.

Edited by Jamberoo Fan

@Jamberoo Fan

A. Adjusting nut

B. Adjust and lock bolt together

C. Lock bolt open.

sc3.JPG

If you adjust one of these connections up or down. You will move the top of the pole by its length.

In theory, the longest pole on Mr Hyper Coaster would be around 60m

If you adjusted one of the connections up or down by 1cm you could move the top of the pole by 1.2m

Once track is complete and all adjustments are made.  The lock nuts are locked and the area between the footing and metal plate are filed with concrete.

sc7.JPG

Why did I tell you this. 

No reason at all. Just had 5 min to kill at work:P

Edited by YLFATEEKS

Well for one, because you now posted it to point it out - it'll probably happen a lot more. (Admit it - it was you, wasn't it?).

Probably a flaw in the database, but probably something Richard isn't too worried about. On that note, I think it's time we need to give it some reviews and rankings, so that it can beat MDMC before it even opens... because you know it should... :D

31 minutes ago, AlexB said:

Probably a flaw in the database, but probably something Richard isn't too worried about.

If people really want to fake their count then go for it. It happens just about every time we add a new attraction to the database.

At the end of the day there's so many scenarios where someone can legitimately check off "under construction" attractions (refurbishments, relocations, staff/public previews etc.) that it's easiest that we don't complicate things. 

37 minutes ago, AlexB said:

it depends on what 'length' you're talking about.

RCDB measures length being the physical track length, and duration being the ride time. I'm not sure what measurement you're suggesting, but It doesn't sound right.

Yep now i get it

This is by no means accurate at all, but i drew a rough sketch of what the coaster could be like to get a sense of the length of the ride(please dont bag my design Lol). The sketch that i drew is about 1050 metres in length from a birds eye view, so none of the hills and drops are include. But i think if those were included the track length would be anywhere from 1300-1600 metres depending on the height of different elements (eg. Loops, drops, ect.).Snapchat-3184694898717760384.jpg 

24 minutes ago, mba2012 said:

^ I drove past this afternoon and whilst that last turn in the bottom left corner of your diagram seems fairly accurate, there's also what looks to be a pretty substantial footing right in the middle of it. It looks almost like there may be some kind of vertical loop element there.

Yeah my drawing is really just to get an estimate of length. That support could be for a helix maybe or just extra supports.

Edited by Ryande16

Ryande 16 has really improved from what he/she used to be on parkz. You do not deserve negative rep, and have been talking real well on this thread not being an idiot anymore. Well done????? now if the coaster was as high as ur negative it would have to be renamed "abyss the 2nd"

Edited by Aw hype

21 hours ago, mba2012 said:

^ I drove past this afternoon and whilst that last turn in the bottom left corner of your diagram seems fairly accurate, there's also what looks to be a pretty substantial footing right in the middle of it. It looks almost like there may be some kind of vertical loop element there.

I think it's most likely a place where two lengths of track cross over eachother, two airtime hills with one of them being a headchopper for the other.

Allegro Crab, it could still be a helix, I have seen a fair few roller coasters where the turn around has a massive footing in the middle which has many poles sprouting out to the turn. Kind of like a circle, with the centre having the footing and the supports branching out to meet the edge. I believe its a way to reinforce the turn and is mainly used on wood coasters because its strucurally safer with wood (stretching into the centre of the turn) rather than having the supports stretching out of the turn like in steel coasters. This could be because the ground behind the turn is not suitable for the supports to stretch out of the turn, like most steel coasters, because of the bad soil and swamp.

• Richard changed the title to DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion
  • joz locked this topic