DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

4 hours ago, Ryande16 said:

It was in the comments section two of thrillcenterals videos

I did find a video from them that had maybe three or four comments from people saying in "could be" this and that, but no firm details on what the coaster...just more speculation.  video showing the Mack logo on the boxes onsite back in september...

11 minutes ago, thunder001 said:

I did find a video from them that had maybe three or four comments from people saying in "could be" this and that, but no firm details on what the coaster...just more speculation.  video showing the Mack logo on the boxes onsite back in september...

On 10/16/2016 at 7:50 PM, Ryande16 said:

No saw it as a rumour from mack

Its gonna happen mate! 

from mack

comments from people saying in "could be" this and that

See why we're giving you a hard time about this? On the one hand you say 'from mack' and then you reveal it was just comments on a video, not even posted BY mack, from random people... like I said at the start... grain of salt.

If, when you posted the original 'rumor' - if you'd just said:

I was checking out some videos posted by <name of outlet> and some of the people commenting are saying things like <blah>. I figure that we're likely to see <stats you think are likely>

...and people would probably have taken it the right way.

Went this afternoon for a couple of hours and they had part of the entry road closed off and what looked like steel footings going right on the edge of the road. Wonder if they are changing the access road a bit if its a support, looks like it would be really difficult for the park fence to pass outside of the footing with the road right there.

Might be unrelated though, could be maybe a big lamp post or a sign or something I guess.

2 hours ago, Smeg said:

Wow Ryande16 your rating worse than me now welcome to the naughty corner  chin up Jesus loves you lol

Hahahaha im not religious, Jesus doesn't love me. 

2 hours ago, bladex said:

lets just all calm down and let mw build the coaster a bit more and we'll be able to see what it is as it takes shape.

Couldn't agree more.

Also guys that Thrill Central dude on youtube also predicted that it would be a Mack multi launch coaster similar to helix. But only time will tell

11 hours ago, Levithian said:

Went this afternoon for a couple of hours and they had part of the entry road closed off and what looked like steel footings going right on the edge of the road. Wonder if they are changing the access road a bit if its a support, looks like it would be really difficult for the park fence to pass outside of the footing with the road right there.

Might be unrelated though, could be maybe a big lamp post or a sign or something I guess.

Many coasters have footings outside of the park boundary. Since it is a traffic thoroughfare though, I hope the base is protected from any accidents.

@Ryande16 patience... when someone gets down there, and notices something new, they'll take pictures and post them. Nobody is sitting there at their computer going "Should I post these pics I took? Naw... nobody has asked for them yet".

Things to remember:

• there tends to be more updates during school holidays as people have more time to spend at the parks.
  • @Theme Park Girl doesn't work the same hours anymore, so updates from her will be less frequent. (I'm sure she'll still live there as much as possible!)
  • During October, many people go mainly to attend fright nights, and most don't spend the whole day there. Arriving at 4pm or later, its harder to get shots of the area out front as traffic is fairly busy with day visitors leaving and night visitors coming. 
  • In the main, the big attraction on the forums right now is Fright Nights. Once its over focus will change back to the coaster
  • There are only so many photos of footings, dirt, concrete pumpers and guys wearing hi-vis that you can post before it gets repetitive. Even if they'd put new footers out closer to AOS\WnW, the photos wouldn't look much different. An aerial photo would be worthy of an update - but sadly Nearmap doesn't update that regularly, and most people don't fly over the park.
  • On that note - if anyone is loaded and decides to take a Sea World heli-tour on the big run out to movie world - take an aerial shot!!!

#PatienceIsTheKey

@Ryande16 I drove past it this afternoon, and turned into MW and drove past the site slowly and there wasn't anything major to take photos of. There were a few more footings, some more materials, but thats it.

But as @AlexB, if there is something worth saying about, or taking photos of, don't worry, we will if possible and will post them.

Edited by themagician

• Richard changed the title to DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion
  • joz locked and unlocked this topic
  • joz locked this topic