14 hours ago, themagician said:

Has their been any marketing or offical announcement about ‘Dingo Racer’? I didn’t even know that’s what it was called until tonight 

from https://www.ausleisure.com.au/news/aussie-world-opens-sx360-pendulum-swing-ride/

Aussie World has also revealed that construction is well underway on new spinning rollercoaster, to be known as the Dingo Racer.

Designed for all ages and will have a capacity of 960 people per hour, featuring seven cars, seating up to four people each, that simultaneously spins while moving around the track.

The rollercoaster car will reach a height of 14 metres before twisting and turning along the track reaching speeds of up to 72km/h.

Fay added “with so much more in the pipeline for Aussie World in the coming years this is just the beginning of our expansion and renewed focus on thrill rides for the older audience, as well as our family favourites.”

• Like 1
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We finnaly have a date for the opening of the SX360. The ride will be launching June 18th 2021. The Ballroom Blitz is also expected to reopen at around the same time. According to the park, the B

Drove past on way home, sx360 was running, couldn’t tell if people were riding it or it was in being tested but it’s great to finally see it running at last.    Hopefully they will announce som

The pathway upto the ride is now all open, the ride itself is ofcosrse hoarded up. In terms of the new rides, when I was there for the Christmas event, they had signage indicating a new coaster w

Posted Images

On 18/06/2021 at 5:39 PM, Rabbit2014 said:

ride has broken down we were on and off for last 30mins but seat sensors keeps failing.

Probably out of warranty now too...

On 19/06/2021 at 12:16 PM, Rabbit2014 said:

in the coming years

At least they're being far more optimistic after the SX debacle - they probably learned the lesson from Dreamworld! lol

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Trending Topics

• Similar Content

• By strop
      The latest Nearmap update of the Sunshine Coast (29 Oct, 2020) shows plenty has happened at the Palmview park.
      A large rectangular slab has been placed adjacent to the yet to be opened SX360.

Plenty of orange track, grey trusses and a crane are all clearly visible.

This also means we now have three coasters under construction at the same time in South East Queensland.
      Coaster cars perhaps?

• By Luke Costello
      I was at Aussie world today and I grabbed a few photos of some of various parts to the new inverting pendulum ride they are building.

What looks to be the control booth.

Parts of the gondola in some wrapping.

Some unknown parts.

Part of a sign and more unknown parts.

The main arm laying on the construction site.

• By Aimsley81
      It had been a very long time since I had visited Aussie World (20+ years!) so I decided to check out their Ride the Night event last night. In the way of rides, I knew it couldn’t compete with anything on the GC, but there were a couple of good attractions on offer. 
      Gates opened at 5:45pm and I took that opportunity to walk around the park until the rides started at 6pm. I was surprised at how colourful the park was. Yes I’d seen their advertising and web-site but the park looked - and felt - really fresh and vibrant. It also still had some of that ‘carnival/funfair’ feel as there was different music playing at every turn - though the fact there was a local radio station set up there for the night might also have something to do with it.
      From 6pm I took on the Redback, Bug Run (counts as a coaster right?), Mayhem Maze, Space Shaker, The Wasp, Voyage Simulator, Mozzie Musta and Professor Bogglesworth’s Illusionarium. Dark Rebel and Ballroom Blitz were closed and they had to close The Plunge as it stopped while going up the lift hill and they had to evacuate the riders off of it. The Ferris Wheel ended up closing early too because of the storm. 
      The staff all came across friendly and laid-back - although the ride operators seemed very young. There was some live entertainment during the night - a dj, dancing, fire twirling, plus fireworks at 9pm.  There were a couple of staff members roving the park offering glow-in-the-dark body paint as well as one covered in glow-in-the-dark wrist bands that he gave out to guests during the night. 
      Highlights of the night for me were the Illusionarium as well as the Mayhem Maze. The only way I can describe the Illusionarium is a maze of optical illusions and it was really good and a decent length. The Mayhem Maze was also surprisingly good in that the actors gave good frights!! If it was longer, it could give anything at MW’s Fright Nights a run for its money (IMO). 
      Overall, what the park delivered on the night (and for a mere $25.50) it smashed my expectations. Not a park I could spend a lot of time in but perhaps that will change with what Aussie World has in plan for its future. 

• By trevorfromaustralia
      Aussie World new coaster 2017 Zamperla | Twister Coaster 420STD https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgWsBGoa898

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.