Steel Taipan Construction - Dreamworld Mack launched roller coaster

Blue Fire Feature   

153 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer?

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, rappa said:

I’ve always been fascinated by the cases of coasters around the world that get bought/delivered and are never constructed. 

Seems we’ll have one of our own now. 

Do we actually know it's not going to be built though? It seems everyone is simply guessing.

8 minutes ago, Flynn_Smith said:

Do we actually know it's not going to be built though? It seems everyone is simply guessing.

They have halted all none essential capital, they have fired 50 people who were essential to day to day operations and they have no money. I don’t see them building this coaster for a long time. 

The Fed Govt pulling the emergency funding deal at the last minute was likely the final nail in the coffin. 

the second wave that now seems unavoidable (thanks Vic), will just seal that coffin in cement. 

and if you are relying on the govt to stay afloat, are you really worthy of the money? Same Argument was raised regarding Virgin when there was talk of a state govt bail out, and not many were supportive of the govt paying to prop up a business who thru its own inadequacies being debt ridden and unprofitable 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Coasterlife said:

Would you say that dreamworld is bankrupt?

Do you mean morally or financially?

I think unless they can unlock the value of their assets (Sell the land and lease back) or get outside help it's hard to see how they get out of it. Ideal world the bloke who owns Aussie World buys it as another passion Project.

Nothing is impossible and presumably Gary is a smart man, but it's hard to see how they come back tbh 

• Like 1

I am sure they are working on something. Whether that be funding from the parent company or a lease on the land etc.

It is a bad time for Ardent and even if you dislike the company you must feel for them. They want to make a change and started doing a decent job. Then COVID came and look what it's done. I think it is smart keeping the place closed. Many won't agree but if a company is struggling its best to minimise the debt.

It is sad people lost jobs. Many people have tho during this pandemic and it is rather unfortunate. Even tho VRTP has opened all properties it will be interesting to see the attendance figures in the next fortnight.

I would love to see this coaster built on our shores. I would think it is still possible but I don't have the solution to the problem. I can only assume a buyout occurs allowing this to happen.

• Like 4

Ardent can go fuck itself as far as I'm concerned. Zero sympathy at a corperate level for them from me. It took them 20 years to get someone who understands theme parks to run their theme park. They milked DW for everything, ran down every last cent, and only when it was too late did they start giving a shit. Imagine what that park could be now if they had started trying a long time ago, maybe if they started being not shit before 2016 even?

I agree that Covid fucked them, and the talk out of the park was starting to be good (though they don't understand how important the animal attractions they have are, which is a worry) and I was willing to back them. One year of trying after you've fucked it doesn't undo 20 years though, so Macquarie Leisure / Ardent can totally fuck off.

• Like 2

• Richard changed the title to Steel Taipan Construction - Dreamworld Mack launched roller coaster
  • Richard locked this topic