Steel Taipan Construction - Dreamworld Mack launched roller coaster

Blue Fire Feature   

153 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer?

What do you mean?

Surely talk about how to make a logo in photoshop and meet building codes coupled with how excited they will be when the first USER gets on is amazing marketing. 

#whyyoudontgetdullcommercialarchitectstodesignthemedattractions

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I'd love to see more artificial rockwork, giving you the impression of being a snake in a rocky gully. 

This said, the tunnel area the track encounters twice looks great, and a fair amount of the track is elevated (loop, rolls, MCBR).

In the video posted by @OgreMagic, is the train the one with the non-spinning rear carriage, or just missing the spinning carriage on the end?

How sad is it walking into DW now and seeing that cheap white 'modern' awning and facade around Sky Voyager? Being a theme park, as if you wouldn't have run with the existing theme in that area and just jazzed up significantly the existing heritage style building. So much more character. And now there's more white vinyl stretching as far as the eye can see with Taipan. Do current Gold Coast theme park bosses realise they are in charge of THEME parks?

Edited by GoGoBoy
  • Like 4

On 28/08/2021 at 2:00 PM, Whombex said:

In the video posted by @OgreMagic, is the train the one with the non-spinning rear carriage, or just missing the spinning carriage on the end?

Not too sure myself, but pretty sure it was the non-spinning train cause there is five carriages in a train and from what I saw there was five carriages there?

On 28/08/2021 at 2:00 PM, Whombex said:

That's definitely the non spinning train. It's on the track first so that it can be used for any pull throughs or initial testing. Then it'll be parked in the maintenance bay and the spinning seat train will be added to the track.

23 minutes ago, Naazon said:

DCR didn't as far as I'm aware and last time it was brought up, no one else saw one being completed for it.

As far as I know, DCR didn't need any pull through given the large clearances.

Steel Taipan may possibly need one due to the rocky theming.

Highly unlikely, but imagine this on there:

Blue Fire.jpg

Blue Fire 2.jpg

Photos from EP Fans I guess...

Edited by Im Hungry

9 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

One would think, if they intended to do pull throughs, they'd use the spinner, simply because it potentially puts arms in places not reachable by the normal seats...

Nobody is holding their arms out during a pull through to see if their arms hit.  /s

The envelope guide they attach to the train would measure the worst case no matter what train it is fixed to.

• Like 2