Sky Voyager Discussion

T-bone

Now it’s all come together, I actually don’t mind it. Maybe on the big white wall on Main Street they could had add the rides name in paint, or add a name of this ‘airport’, just to add something to the white. I do think it’s very clean and crisp though, shame it doesn’t blend to great into the stores to the right.

Surprised how narrow the walkway to BuzzSaw has become, but I doubt it will be an issue. Hopefully this means once the ride opens, BuzzSaw will reopen.

And I’m very glad to see they are painting the backside of the wall. Would be nice if they planted some large trees just to discguisr it a little 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, pushbutton said:

I think both of the large white walls should feature the SkyVoyager logo with coloured digital lighting (I'd suggest mainly sky-blue) which constantly animate upwards and to the right, in a way that visually suggests "taking off".

That would add an element of excitement, and if designed well could be in keeping with the high quality of the facade. 

For the 17 nights of the year when it would actually be visible? That's a solid investment right there!

3 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

But Skyvoyager doesn’t have road frontage or scale that allows it to be seen from outside the park... 

That has no relation to the "it'll only been seen at night" statement. 

If they actually went ahead with a moving display on the building facade (they won't, $$$ for a start), it would end up being more "next gen" than scooby doo"😂 

49 minutes ago, red dragin said:

The Joker Head and Green Lantern logo are lit during the day and visible. So it can be done. 

#Dreamworld

11 minutes ago, joz said:

TBH I wouldn't mind a lighting install on any hypothetical sign, so long as it's done in a classy way and not totally cheesy. I think a chase might be a bit cheesy given what the facade is going for but not against it straight off the bat.

#Dreamworld

2 hours ago, dylan_oregan said:

Buzz Saw was originally meant to reopen on the 28th December, now opening on the 26th possibly Sky Voyager will be opening on the 26th as well. 

That will be great for Boxing Day to get two huge rides open will spread the crowds out abit 

On 21/12/2018 at 8:08 AM, dylan_oregan said:

Now Sky Voyager is complete are we going to see Hot Wheels Side Winder and Tower Of Terror Replaced???

Yea remove hot wheels since it had a long life since it was originally from Luna park Sydney and it not getting on well after they got new trains so it’s time to replace With a new coaster. Tower of tower will likely get removed in the future as well but I don’t think dreamworld want to give up on it yet even know it has so many problems

Edited by Rabbit2014

3 hours ago, dylan_oregan said:

Buzz Saw was originally meant to reopen on the 28th December, now opening on the 26th possibly Sky Voyager will be opening on the 26th as well. 

Tailspin and the rip have also reopened early from maintainence, and escape from Madagascar will be reopening on Boxing Day rather than early January. This means dreamworld/www will be starting the summer holiday rush with only 1 planned ride closure (HWSW).

Edited by mssveattck
  • Like 4

It wasn't just the stuff with the smoke. They were also taking photos of groups of builders outside the entry.

Really seemed like they were celebrating the end of the work (or to put it another way, their boss was telling them "Thanks for all your work. Your jobs are now going up in smoke"! (Joke)

I'd imagine Dreamworld staff need some time to be trained to operate the ride though now before letting guests on.

1 hour ago, pushbutton said:

I'd imagine Dreamworld staff need some time to be trained to operate the ride though now before letting guests on.

Oh yeah, I can't believe I forgot about that fairly important step.

But after all, this is Dreamworld - they might decide this step is not so important and just open the ride....

• Gazza changed the title to Sky Voyager Discussion