COVID-19 & Theme Park Closures

Slick

That’s good to know that the first park sea world should open in around 2 weeks or so. I’m surprised the reddit guy was to get to this part of the website since from scrolling through the post this looks like a staff only news update page that the gp can’t access 

Edited by Smol bean

8 minutes ago, Jdude95 said:

Saw this update posted on reddit an hour ago
https://themeparks.com.au/park-updates/staff
Looks like we may have some movement soon

Well the cat is out of the bag now 😐 Whilst I am not staff I was hoping it would become public as they intended.

2 minutes ago, Smol bean said:

That’s good to know that the first park sea world should open in around 2 weeks or so. I’m surprised the reddit guy was to get to this part of the website since from scrolling through the post this looks like a staff only news update page that the gp can’t access 

The link was given to staff ages ago and updated periodically.

Edited by Jordan M.

3 minutes ago, themagician said:

It seems like that shouldn’t have been shared publicly 

But still awesome news 

Then why have a public accessible link? Why not just create a staff portal?

(oh right - they couldn’t even update their websites to mobile compatible for ten years)

all good. Hope they don’t wake Richo for another cease and desist!

• Like 2

Nothing really surprising in any of what they have announced.

Street Parade cancelled and character interactions altered-predictable.

None of this is that hard to comply with despite their earlier protests and are all measures they should have announced in early May.  As opposed to their demand for a capacity they were never going to fill on first reopening.

27 minutes ago, Jdude95 said:

Aww, @Jordan M. I'm sorry you don't believe me and that you couldn't be the person to try and post on behalf of the parks again :( 

I simply don’t believe that you found it on Reddit, true the post could have been removed but I checked r/Australia, r/Brisbane and r/GoldCoast after your post and nothing.

10 hours ago, themagician said:

no park maps

Damn, going to have to redo the ad

CAD88BA9-7E78-4E65-BC52-029F9E0A5971.png

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, westical said:

https://www.facebook.com/30639128612/posts/10157541360148613/?d=n

Dreamworld announcing plans mid-July for reopening before the September school holidays. Looks like they’re not opening as quickly then. 

They don't have as many properties (obviously) meaning they can easily down scale on staff during this time. Also means stuff for job keeper etc can keep going until the possible maximum allowed limit. I see that as a smart move on DW. They could be undertaking a fair amount of maintenance also to try and ensure no major disruption to over the Christmas break.

9 minutes ago, StingRay said:

I see that as a smart move on DW. 

I mean if you think it's smart to have all that pent up demand for entertainment and theme parks to be spent at the competition because you couldn't get your 2 parks open before they opened their 4 then more power to you I guess. If you think it's smart to be left clutching at nothing and having to do a 'We're excited to announce nothing' announcement then that's up to you. If you want to then make up a mitigating factor like them maybe doing maintenance, I'm not going to stop you.

But the words of the Iraqi information minister; you are now too far from reality.

• Like 4