Wet n Wild SurfRider taken off website

Natti_amusements

13 hours ago, Stevie said:

You'll possibly see another application appear for it to be installed. That would have the lot location of installation 

There will defiantly be another application because this application is for the slab only.    At a guess and speculation only having a slab only application feels rushed, which makes me believe, MW is trying to couther SDSC loss quickly.

I don't know what you are talking about with the lot number because everything Village owns is on lot 6.  

36 minutes ago, Slick said:

Place your bets now - numbers 1 to 4 is Movie World, 5 to 7 is Sea World. I'm hoping it'll end up at Vikings (7) or Wild West Falls (4).

My guess is it will be either 1, 4 or 7. I'm hoping it goes to 7, and if it does my guess is it will not be getting a retheme as Spongebob, Storm and Jet Rescue all are blue so it will fit in.

3 hours ago, Slick said:

1854006901_Screenshot2023-01-31at10_49_07am.thumb.jpg.271b76e07d68de5d651f76a9269cb581.jpg

Place your bets now - numbers 1 to 4 is Movie World, 5 to 7 is Sea World. I'm hoping it'll end up at Vikings (7) or Wild West Falls (4).

I think 2 seems most likely. 3 would be in the way of the new works on Scooby and WoO and 4 just seems really out of place to me, but it's certainly possible in that space.

Yeah 2 just seems the simplest - doesn't obstruct construction works near 3. Behind west is a really odd position for it that wouldn't attract attention. Putting inside superman just shuts down the ride unnecessarily for construction, and we've already covered that its a tight fit.

I would still prefer it at vikings. I saw the viking pad on the weekend and it is just THE. PERFECT. FIT. The surfboard theme also fits well with the park and no real retheme is needed (you can even continue to call it surfrider)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gazza said:

Anywhere? The pathway could just be a narrow straight one like Green Lantern. Doesn't have to be a set of switchbacks.

I agree. Surfrider's queue path is tiny anyway. Doesn't have to be massive, the queue wasn't that big anyway.

I'd love to see it in number 7, although number 5 would be alright too. Wild West would be good to give that area of the park another attraction as well, but no idea what they could retheme it to. 

I really think though it's going to Movie World, and will likely be Aquaman themed just because it's easy and the park needs any extra capacity it can get right now. 

7 hours ago, Slick said:

I'm just begging it won't be another DC-themed something or rather crammed in at the front of the park.

If it's at the front in either 1 or 2, you'd be mad to go anything other than DC. Same with 3 TBH. I'm not a proponent of expanding DC's footprint, but if it's literally in/off a DC land it should be DC.

40 minutes ago, joz said:

If it's at the front in either 1 or 2, you'd be mad to go anything other than DC. Same with 3 TBH. I'm not a proponent of expanding DC's footprint, but if it's literally in/off a DC land it should be DC.

100% - can't argue with that. It would be weird not to theme it DC at that point. And if it ends up going down that way, here's hoping the colours remain bright and bold and a stark contrast to Superman so that it's visually distinguishable in spite of the similar track design.

Still think it should go to Sea World though, it would compliment the existing attraction mix perfectly.

Edited by Slick

• rappa locked this topic