Dreamworld Flyer

TBoy

6 hours ago, Tim Dasco said:

Even Steel Tipain i had signage from Mack rides and the builders.

This was presented nicely alongside the new ST logo on a printed mesh banner… it wasn’t a massive ugly BADGE logo on a black wall.

You’ll also remember between Sky Voyager building and BuzzSaw there was a wooden wall, with a nicely printed wrap about BuzzSaw… 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Park Addict 93 said:

It’s ok folks… Dreamworld have heard your concerns and the builder has come to the party with more signage.

IMG_5786.jpeg

IMG_5788.jpeg

IMG_5792.jpeg

This is a no from me. I get why the builders want to do this, like they would on every other job site. The stickers were fine, having a site sign indicating who the builder is and the safety requirements and so on is a requirement, so of course that has to be fine. But slapping this massive signs isn’t a great look. They should’ve done something a lot more tasteful like they did for Steel Taipan. Still listing the builder, manufacturer and so on for the project, which I think was accessible. I especially don’t like the one on the same walls as the stickers that’s just been pinned to the side.

18 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Greg says “get stuffed, it’s just a wall” as he begins the job of single-handedly building the Flyer to save on construction costs 

Is any new information indicated in the article from GCB?

Dreamworld was nice enough to post a video of them moving the globe purposefully to its current spot. They had the audio down too low but I think I heard someone say “we wanted to half obscure the globe behind the wall, and also half obscure the Steel Taipan launch, so then it will be a surprise for everyone when they see the whole thing again in a few months”. 

also the effort to get it there when it could have much more easily been moved BOH. The literally move the thing down ocean parade, out the commercial delivery driveway, through the carpark, to get it to where it is. 🫣🥴

Edited by Brad2912

There must be some logical explanation or reason for them to decide to put the globe where they did.. what could that reason possibly be!!  

1 hour ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

I hear the Bodge signage has already been taken down

They just need the dreamworld flyer signage to be the size of the bodge signs. And the bodge signage the size of the current dreamworld flyer signs.    

4 hours ago, REGIE said:

There must be some logical explanation or reason for them to decide to put the globe where they did.. what could that reason possibly be!!  

Maybe BOH is full of all the other stuff they've got on the go right now and they needed somewhere to put this that's out of the way? A lot is happening in Ocean Parade.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, franky said:

Maybe BOH is full of all the other stuff they've got on the go right now and they needed somewhere to put this that's out of the way? A lot is happening in Ocean Parade.

Isn't that mostly empty because it was cleared for the lazy river that was never built? Plenty of room for the globe in BOH I would have thought

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Baconjack said:

Isn't that mostly empty because it was cleared for the lazy river that was never built? Plenty of room for the globe in BOH I would have thought

Latest nearmap has a number of containers and site shelters in place. There's definitely room out there for the globe (it's not like its much bigger than a minivan), but (and this is just laziness here) the 'commercial vehicle entry' is the primary vehicle access to main street. A franna with a giant globe swinging off it can't get to the maintenance area any other way except to drive around WhiteWaterWorld. So the current storage area - which is about 150 metres from the gatehouse is a lot closer than the ~1.8km round trip to drive the globe all the way to BOH.

Realistically they should have put it straight onto a flatbed - but IMO it's where it is because they didn't want to walk the damn thing all the way round the back. 

2 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Realistically they should have put it straight onto a flatbed - but IMO it's where it is because they didn't want to walk the damn thing all the way round the back.

Seems that way. Could also be that where it is now, it is unlikely to be damaged by anything as it's in an enclosed space. Whereas in BOH it could be hit by trucks/forklifts/rogue koalas.

Saw the "innocent baby and adorable puppy killing" wall for myself today. 

It's not that bad, I don't think most people will care, especially when there's an excavator visible inside it, and the access gate to the area is black mesh. 

Would be good to see some wayfinding, promotions or other signage on it - missed opportunity to market attractions etc. Or as suggested elsewhere here, let some pro graffiti artists do some Dreamworld art work on it.

Park was basically empty being a Tuesday. Steel Taipan was running the spinning seat train and was going around almost full but no queue. Gold Coaster was struggling for guests, my ride had 4 passengers and was rough as - seems worse when it's emptier IMHO. Claw about 3/4 full.

The Flier is really going to liven up that area with movement. I've never ridden anything like it, but I'd probably give it a go when it opens. 

Edited by red dragin
  • Like 4

Well.... white fixes everything! /s

I'm confident in saying this wasn't their original plan - otherwise it'd have been white from the start. If this is their fix, it's poor, but if they've gone white to offer it as a canvas for a paint and sip class or some local tag artists like I suggested a while back, then I can't wait to see what they put up. 

I think it'd be a great local touch to get any long-term hoarding tagged up or otherwise painted by artists.

(As long as, if the park tries to reuse them or copy the art for other purposes besides hoarding they pay the artist for usage, of course)

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

to offer it as a canvas for a paint and sip class or some local tag artists like I suggested a while back

I put that suggestion in the "win a gift card" survey emailed to me after my visit the other day, so if they do, make sure you collect royalties for the original idea

1 hour ago, Brods said:

I’d say it would have something to do with the upcoming winterfest? Black is probably not ideal for creating a snowlike atmosphere 

on the contrary, black backgrounds would be perfect to stick vinyl snowflake stickers in white or silver - TBH black would be one of the better colours for that, so I wouldn't imagine that the sudden change is for that reason (if it was indeed made white for winterfest, being that it only went up 2 weeks ago, you'd think they'd have planned it that way rather than changing it so quickly, no?)

50 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

It’s in improvement. Cleary a second thought, but an improvement none the less 

Agreed. This should have been bare minimum day one, but kudos to them for realising the mistake - either through their own observations, this community, or elsewhere - at least they recognised they screwed up and tried to fix it.

This is at least plan 'D' in the process - but hopefully something they learn from and add to their "future works checklist"

• Gazza changed the title to Dreamworld Flyer