The Flash: Speed Force coming to Movie World

Guest Moderator

59 minutes ago, TBoy said:

Could we possibly see some changes to Superman to intergrate the new ride? For example it could be The Flash and Reverse-Flash are fighting at such a high speed, causing a massive earthquake to reach Metropolis, causing the story of Superman saving the stuck train as normal.

No

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TBoy said:

Concept art, looks to be the same style of theming as DCR/GL

48151A66-A7D3-476B-BB80-7F28397DEB3B.thumb.jpeg.cd4e9f1b7aa48f71a426925c07113ecc.jpeg

Park description:

📣 NEW RIDE ANNOUNCEMENT! 📣
Prepare for The Flash: Speed Force, the first ride-within-a-ride in the Southern Hemisphere, coming to #movieworldaus, April 2024!
⚡Reach speeds up to 70km/h on this 30-metre-high attraction, twisting and spinning along a 67-metre-long half-pipe track!
⚡Join The Flash in a thrilling battle against his arch-nemesis, The Reverse-Flash. Get ready for the ultimate speedster showdown!

Very interesting that they are claiming 30M as Surfrider was the entry level size 20M model.

Perhaps they are adding 10M of track on each side and beefing up the launch? It would actually be a noticeable improvement if so. Either that or just a Freudian slip or type from their end.

11 hours ago, wikiverse said:

VRTP, Luna Park Melbourne would like to have a word with you

Oh yeah what.  😂 they really didn’t think that one through… LPM might just be the first park to have a ride inside a ride in the world ! 

3 hours ago, pazzap said:

Perhaps they are adding 10M of track on each side and beefing up the launch

Would be cool! Seems a bit unlikely but hopefully.  

4 hours ago, pazzap said:

Very interesting that they are claiming 30M as Surfrider was the entry level size 20M model.

Perhaps they are adding 10M of track on each side and beefing up the launch? It would actually be a noticeable improvement if so. Either that or just a Freudian slip or type from their end.

From 2016 Wet'n'Wild website, they list SurfRider as 30m and 25m..

Jump on board one of the biggest waves in the world and surf your way to heart pounding action. You’ll be strapped onto a giant surfboard with your fellow surfers, gliding up and down a giant 30 metre wave while spinning round and round. Hang ten dude!

image.png.3019bb40b357c6200983f6d23d6be2ad.png

Wiki has it at 30m, with a 25m drop.

image.thumb.png.7ea625bf742abc58cceef809471095f3.png

Intamin states it has a 27m max height (here), which seems to be the standard height for the ‘Surf Rider’ model according to them. There is an older, 30m tall variant though (here), being what RCDB classifies as a distinct model called the ‘Half Pipe’ (Half PipeSurf Rider), with the only discernible differences being some more straight track at both ends, tubes beside the track, and a 2kph faster top speed.

So I reckon MW likely just got the two mixed up & pulled the wrong stats, possibly due to wanting to use different terminology than ‘Surf Rider’ for seemingly clear reasons, and evidenced by them mentioning ‘half-pipe track’ in the announcement.

And, assuming that Intamin’s measurements are correct, RCDB’s height classifications are just out-of-wack for the 27m Surf Rider models, instead porting the same terminology as the Half Pipes that preceded them (20m Half Pipe, constructed 2 years before SurfRider).

Edited by Tricoart
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Gobbledok said:

In other words people having a carry on facebook
Nothing earth shattering there

From the various post comments I've read, I'd estimate the majority of people have seen through their marketing BS. 

The loss of Greg and his microphone to Dreamworld seems to be having an impact down the road (in my opinion). 

To be fair to the first commenter, there’s no way that $20 million isn’t a severe over-exaggeration, though, right? Superman itself was around $18 million (adjusted for inflation), and you could feasibly get an SRII with that money, and still have ample left over to add the same calibre of (welcome, but) cheap theming.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tricoart said:

To be fair to the first commenter, there’s no way that $20 million isn’t a severe over-exaggeration, though, right? Superman itself was around $18 million (adjusted for inflation), and you could feasibly get an SRII with that money, and still have ample left over to add the same calibre of (welcome, but) cheap theming.

Rivals cost $30m. There’s no way in hell a flash statue, a barebones queue area, and some 2d signs is adding up to $20m. Maybe a quarter of that at most.

If you are being generous a new train with new restraints as pointed out in the concept art is about a mil but I’d say it is largely wishful thinking until parts rock up in BOH.

Edited by Baconjack
  • Like 1

(Accidental repost ‘cause I took too long editing)

15 minutes ago, Baconjack said:

Rivals cost $30m. There’s no way in hell a flash statue, a barebones queue area, and some 2d signs is adding up to $20m. Maybe a quarter of that at most.

If you are being generous a new train with new restraints as pointed out in the concept art is about a mil but I’d say it is largely wishful thinking until parts rock up in BOH.

Yeah, even if it was completely newly fabricated track (which, it’s pretty clear that it isn’t), I’d still be surprised to hear a $20 million dollar price tag. The coaster itself isn’t even vertical yet & they’ve got their facts completely wrong twice (three times if you include ‘ride within a ride’). Who knows, maybe ‘Movie World’ was a mistake too, and they’ve been meaning to say ‘Sea World’ this whole time.

Edited by Tricoart

It got a repaint, but I do not recall it getting new track.  

New train would be 2-3M realistically. Moving it would be 1M, repaint another 1M. Theming probably another 1M.   I may have exaggerated these numbers but often times things, especially in theme park industry end up costing a lot more than what seems reasonable.  But even this is only 6M.  Add an extra 3M for commissioning, marketing unexpected costs and it’s still only 9M. (I doubt it would even cost this much but I have no idea).  There is no way it will cost 20M.  I didn’t see VRTP advertising that it is costing 20M anywhere? maybe I missed it.  

How’s that one Facebook dude… yeah add a bigger coaster then DC rivals In a fully landlocked park…

Edited by REGIE
  • Like 2

Here is the news story referencing the $20M, and the 'ride within a ride':

I'm guessing the $20m includes the initial purchase price/commissioning of the ride at WnW, plus the move to/refurb/re-theme/recommission at MW.  Probably also includes marketing costs for both.

Weird way to make an announcement - especially with a 2024 opening.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dean Barnett said:
2 hours ago, REGIE said:

00.thumb.jpg.7170b33a65011f39398d750012aeac2b.jpg

It wouldn’t fit anywhere as mentioned previously.

these guys are selling a Intamin half pipe for 500.000 euros. Or roughly $800.000 aus. https://www.amusement-rides.com/en/product/half-pipe-intamin.  Rides don’t hold value to well as second hand.  Buzz saw was bought for 7M and sold for 1M. Buzzsaw is more ride but maybe a less premium manufacturer. But using the same logic I Still couldn’t see a new halfpipe bought when Surf rider was bought being more than 5M-7M. 

9 hours ago, Dean Barnett said:

image.thumb.png.51ef30d46d782b5eb688a2420e08bdc6.png

well:

1) thats where the planned hotel site is.

2) it would go right up against a residential area.

3) the ride would have to cater to kids and families as it’s well, in the kids area. 

4) they would have to change the back of house area for that side of the park which they wouldn’t do.

i think you should put some more thought in before actually posting, all most of your post do is dampen your already bad reputation.

Edited by Rivals
  • Like 4