Movie World Scheduled Maintenance 2024

themagician

19 hours ago, TomiJ said:

Movie World at the moment is reminding me of early 2000's Wonderland Sydney. 

That's funny. I worked there in the early 2000's, and I cannot think of a time where 'every dry adult ride in the park' was closed - unless it was during an electrical storm...

Wonderland's management toward the end was pretty poor - but they never got this low.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, DJKostya said:

If things are getting this bad I don't understand why the parks don't just move to seasonal operations like many overseas parks, then do all of their maintenance on rides/shops etc. during the off season.

Cause that’d require having a schedule, not bringing profits in during the off-season, and actually having their rides operational for more than 2 months at a time.

Really, though, most of the parks that have seasonal operations overseas are forced into it by weather (snow/low temps in winter months, mainly). And, for the overseas parks without that issue, most seem to be/are transitioning into being open year-round. ‘Cause we don't really experience seasons here (it’s either hot & sometimes rainy or very hot & rainy), we’ve had no reason to have seasonal ops.

Edited by Tricoart

I don't think our parks would do seasonal operation, if Village did for example it would be sacrificing its dollars from tickets, food etc. to Coast, which would encourage more people to go to Dreamworld and spend their money there instead of Village. Many people from interstate head up to the GC in winter deliberately to escape the coldness from down south, and our parks know that. 

It would also give one operator a complete monopoly of the GC market, and if Dreamworld closed for the cooler months, Village could cost cut in winter even further as there wouldn't be any competition.

Edited by TBoy

52 minutes ago, DJKostya said:

If things are getting this bad I don't understand why the parks don't just move to seasonal operations like many overseas parks, then do all of their maintenance on rides/shops etc. during the off season.

It was never an issue a couple of years ago.  The changes to the maintenance program MW have made isn't working.  It's just going to take a manager to say they have got it wrong, before they can fix it.

If they need to cut costs, I'd rather the parks closed midweek during the off-peak season rather than have these ridiculously long maintenance periods. VRTP could easily stagger its opening times so at least one park was available each day, for example:

- Movie World open Thursday-Monday, closed Tue/Wed
- Sea World open Friday-Tuesday, closed Wed/Thu
- Wet'n'Wild open Wednesday-Sunday, closed Mon/Tue

25 minutes ago, TomiJ said:

Why did Wonderland Sydney close if it was not from poor management. 

They built nothing to keep guests coming back. We have all heard this before. 

ultimately this is where your comparison makes no sense to me because for all their flaws Movie World IS building stuff as opposed to nothing. So they are doing the bare minimum to keep people coming back. They are also not closing down WB Kids permanently to save money.

(though on a side note the way village is looking after leviathan is giving me massive bush beast vibes)

1 hour ago, TomiJ said:

Why did Wonderland Sydney close if it was not from poor management. 

Ahhh the age old question. And one that should have been known to you well enough, if you judge all of those who responded to you above this reply...

So you've made a comparison between a defunct park and a currently struggling one, and presumed they're the same based on what... that poor management can be the only reason for park failure?

I'm curious as to how old you were when Wonderland closed TWENTY YEARS AGO next month, so that I can fully judge your views on this point...?

5 minutes ago, Ashley Jeffery said:

Trying to save face?

Screenshot_20240304-161842_Facebook.thumb.jpg.1810729e6861c05e79ce66b3dcab2057.jpg

Seems they’ve dodged any of the *actual* problems.

Unless i’m confused, what would be the benefit of closing batwing to “align with the construction”? Is it not just a footpath in that general area?

Keen to know what all of these theming enhancements supposedly are too..

4 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

I'm curious as to how old you were when Wonderland closed TWENTY YEARS AGO next month, so that I can fully judge your views on this point...?

Yea fair enough hahah, I was 9 when they closed. 

5 hours ago, Baconjack said:

ultimately this is where your comparison makes no sense to me because for all their flaws Movie World IS building stuff as opposed to nothing. So they are doing the bare minimum to keep people coming back.

Valid points. I didn't know that Wonderland Sydney's last major ride/attraction was the "Aussie Wildlife Park," which opened in 1996. (according to what I have researched, feel to let me know if I'm wrong). 

My views have been changed. 

Edited by TomiJ

4 hours ago, themagician said:

This is the parks response to someone’s comment about the lack of open rides

IMG_3354.jpeg

Another copy-paste statement trying to deflect how poorly the park is run in the name of “safety” and gaslight their guests into feeling reckless for complaining. Plenty of other theme parks around the world manage to keep the majority of rides open for their guests (including WBMW pre-2020), it’s Movie World that is the outlier. IMO the park deserves every negative review it gets, charging full price when so many attractions are unavailable. I feel terrible for the poor Guest Services staff who are no doubt fielding the same complaints daily at the moment.

• Like 1