Peter Brock race cars to be relocated to GC theme park

Dam I wish Cyclone would get some love with a Motorsport retheme, considering RedLine is right next door.

...in ocean parade...

Hasn't stopped them before. AVPX in Ocean Parade, Tower of Terror in Tiger Island/Wiggles World, Oil Rig theming in Gold Rush, and let's not forget about MDMC in the themed area formerly known as Rivertown.

Edited by Zanstabar

Exactly. If anything the Redline thingy should be moved over to where the Motorcoaster is. Maybe into the 'fast food' outlet that's never open anyway...

Oil Rig theming in Gold Rush

The Oil Rig isn't IN Gold Rush, it's in between Gold Rush and Rocky Hollow. I don't see a problem with it at all, I think the three blend together quite well theme wise. At least they are all related to each other in some way (olden days, mining etc)

^I'm pretty sure DW just combined the areas as on the park map it just say Gold Rush Country. But I don't have a major issue with that area.

With Ocean Parade, if they removed the Redline then I think the area is fine. I think Zombie Evilution does have some link to the area with the theming of the exterior or the building. They do need to extend the blue ground work around all of Ocean Parade however. If Redline was moved to the MDMC food stall, it would make more sense. If the new V8 supercar attractions were in this area as well it would create a new motorsport themed area.

For the TOT, because it doesn't link to any of the themed areas surrounding its entrance, if they moved the entrance pathway to start from the MDMC area, it may provide more of a link to the possible motorsport area, rather than the Tiger Island/ABC Kids area. However I don't know if that would be possible, just a thought

post-29557-0-47518700-1432341717_thumb.p

Edited by themagician

Dam I wish Cyclone would get some love with a Motorsport retheme, considering RedLine is right next door.

Buy back the Chance Trabant from funfields, new theme and all and return to it's old location :P

http://www.funfields.com.au/assets/Uploads/bout-2.jpg

But yeah, Ocean parade has become so big that if you wanted you could make that far southern end a new V8/motorsports themed zone.

Lay down some bitumen, edge the pathways with red and white stripes, replace the rubbish bins with oil drums branded with high performance oil and you're most of the way there.

I know this sounds bloody insane and in-probable but just hear me out for a second...

Would it be possible to give the Cyclone a retracking similar to how RMC do theirs, where the pre-existing coaster supports are utilised to make a new coaster which follows a predominately similar layout?

Now I know all of you are probably going to say "It's Dreamworld, it won't happen", "No way in hell", but can we just actually think about the logistics behind it? After seeing rides such as Twisted Colossus and New Texas Giant, it make me wonder if maybe Vekoma or Kumbak could give the Cyclone a new life somehow.

Physically possible? Yes

Getting Dreamworld to shut down that area of the park, AND White Water World? Not going to happen.

Better chance of a new car design (just not like SV though) and having it painted black like a race track. Have the station redesigned to the race control tower, paint the station to look like a grandstand/starting grid and throw in a start/finish line.

Firstly, I wish DW would stop with the motor sport themed additions. Secondly, if they must do it, as others have suggested it'd make more sense to put any new attraction next to the existing, isolated, motocoaster. Having two separate motor sport themed areas makes no sense. But then again, it would fit with the now all too common mentality of our GC parks that says themed zones are irrelevant.

Edited by GoGoBoy