Doomsday Destroyer - 2016 Movie World construction

1 hour ago, GoGoBoy said:

So if the show stage is all intact on the inside with seats and the setup for the last show that was held there (Looney Tunes), how was there any room for the fright mazes?

The maze layout wrapped around the stage, a majority of it was behind the stage area, and the long thin alleyway used at the start of the hillbilly slasher mazes was the part that wrapped around the front of the stage between the seats and the stage itself, The stage has never been removed 

I very highly doubt the show stage is going anywhere. I agree with Alex that it'll be incorporated in the new area 

Edited by buzzkill13

14 hours ago, iwerks said:

Let's hope they're constructing a Mad Max stunt show and rollercoaster after all. ?

Let's not. Geez, I must be the only one hoping it isn't something Mad Max related... so many opportunities available, I'd like to see them steer away from anything related to desert/Western related, since they already utilised that area to death for that.

And no DC either, as I stated earlier! Anything else would be awesome, in my opinion ???

19 minutes ago, OceanGirl said:

Let's not. Geez, I must be the only one hoping it isn't something Mad Max related... so many opportunities available, I'd like to see them steer away from anything related to desert/Western related, since they already utilised that area to death for that.

And no DC either, as I stated earlier! Anything else would be awesome, in my opinion ???

See I think Mad Max would be a good choice for a multitude of reasons...

• It's a classic Australian franchise. Why not represent Australian cinema in an Australian theme park?
  • Fury Road was extremely well received. There would be no better time to make a Mad Max coaster then when it's still fresh in the public's mind.
  • There has been absolutely nothing themed around Mad Max in theme park history. DC has not only been done to death in Movie World but also worldwide. Why not make the next addition a "World's First"?

Also, considering you don't seem to be a fan of the IP ideas that are whirring around this forum, what would you like to see, @OceanGirl ?

1 hour ago, Zanstabar said:

See I think Mad Max would be a good choice for a multitude of reasons...

• It's a classic Australian franchise. Why not represent Australian cinema in an Australian theme park?
  • Fury Road was extremely well received. There would be no better time to make a Mad Max coaster then when it's still fresh in the public's mind.
  • There has been absolutely nothing themed Also, considering you don't seem to be a fan of the IP ideas that are whirring around this forum, what would you like to see, @OceanGirl ?

Tbh Zamora,  despite being a born and bred Aussie I am not really a fan of the Mad Max movies, and think the concept of theming a coaster around them is (don't hate me!) somewhat boring. I think there are better ideas out there, not to mention Movieworld's proud slogan is "Hollywood on the Gold Coast". So I would personally expect more Hollywood/American flick based content in the park than that of Aussie flicks.  

Not to say that they wouldn't ever have Aussie themed stuff in the park of course,  I am well aware they used to have the Young Einstein gravity house and the Wyrmwood scare maze etc. But I think most people would expect the park to be a Hollywood based experience iykwim. And that said, I just think there are much bigger and better VR adventure movie options out there.

The new King Kong movie would be cool. Or something fast to match a coaster, such as the Fast & The Furious franchise, or Speed Racer. The list goes on: http://www.imdb.com/company/co0108864/

Purely just my opinion though... take it with a grain of salt lol. I just wanted to pop up and say that not EVERYONE here is hoping for a mad Max ride lol ?

2 hours ago, OceanGirl said:

I agree with there being too much DC, but over utilised the desert/Western related ideas?  Are you kidding?

One ride and a couple of defunct shows does not over utilise an idea.  Don't forget Australia had a pretty big play in the gold rush era, why don't we base a coaster or a show off of that? 

I understand not everyone loves Mad Max and that any show built around that premise would have to be watered down, like the Waterworld Stunt Show was from the movie or Conan was from its films.  It would be great to see the park filled with crazy characters from Fury Road.  

19 minutes ago, OceanGirl said:

I think there are better ideas out there, not to mention Movieworld's proud slogan is "Hollywood on the Gold Coast". So I would personally expect more Hollywood/American flick based content in the park than that of Aussie flicks.

Despite it being an Australian-led production I still believe the latest film can be considered 'Hollywood.' After all, internationally produced films that are shot in Australia are still classified under Hollywood. Although, it is important to point out that Mad Max Fury Road was not filmed in Australia, rather South Africa.

You could see where the town set used to exist in the show stage when you went into the wolf creek maze. Where the blue ute was parked, that used to be lined with a building facade that followed the line of seating. If you moved the curtain a little, the steel (like stunt show) seating was still on the banked concrete. The maze wound it's way around what used to be the main thoroughfare into the arena, the stage itself, and some of what would have been behind the set area. They used the old show exit/entry doors as entry/exit for the maze. When you walked in, if you turned to the right it used to be the performers entry/exit where horses and the coach could come through from the backstage area.

I have no worries that the show stage will be pulled down. From standing at the Wild West viewing area, all the air con (considerable amount) still appears to be on the roof. Things like that would have been removed before any deconstruction. If that starts being hoisted out, then I'll start getting worried. 

Didn't someone post a photo in the last couple of weeks showing an aircon ute parked on the back road to the show stage? 

Edited by Levithian

Lemon Chill guy says no coaster in the area being worked on now, but there will be an Intamin ride there. Looking at their catalogue they have a Spinning Star ride (i.e. star flyer) that they spec as up to 122 metres. Like I said that's just the Lemon Chill guy talking - he probably knows about as much as churro cart Nostradamus.

If we take RCDB as gospel, the coaster is steel, sit down, and extreme. Given what they classify as extreme there it's quite broad, Abyss is classed as extreme.

Edited by downunder

There is little to no room for a roller coaster in that area with the sound stage still there. The only roller coaster that would fit there is a kids coaster, or a none complete coaster. The area is just not that big. 

I would like to see them do, is to use the soundstage and put a simulator in there, and maybe add a small flat ride in the area outside to give a second attraction to the theme. 

2 hours ago, JacobSibbald said:

Despite it being an Australian-led production I still believe the latest film can be considered 'Hollywood.' After all, internationally produced films that are shot in Australia are still classified under Hollywood. Although, it is important to point out that Mad Max Fury Road was not filmed in Australia, rather South Africa.

It was actually Half'n'Half. IE. the rolling rig scene was actually filmed out in Penrith.

INSIDE INFORMATION.

This is breaking and exclusive.

The ride is called 'SuperBatMan' and it will launch in time for the September school holidays. It will be themed to the new Superman vs Batman movie. It will be a dual steel coaster, similar to the one at the Harry Potter theme park in Universal Studios - albeit updated and a fresher take. 

Media release coming tomorrow through the Gold Coast Bulletin.

Fury Road was shot in Tanzania, though it was originally planned to be shot in Broken Hill, but it rained and everything went green.

Honestly, Mad Max would be a kick ass theme for just about anything, even a churro cart, well especially a churro cart. And have that flame shooting guitarist somewhere, even Knotts put that guy in their Hanging show at Halloween complete with flames.

• Richard featured and unfeatured this topic