The New Atlantis - Construction Updates

It's a moneymaker. I doubt they're delaying it unless there is a mechanical reason for it (and since we can see it running, there doesn't appear to be any mechanical reason). It is possible the seat forces have tested out of tolerance and they're working on getting it fixed, but i'd find that extremely unlikely.

My guess is that they're just focussed on getting word out that its opening and they decided focussing their marketing on an upcharge feature only available to less than 10% of riders is probably not well spent at this time.

2 hours ago, themagician said:

All the stats have been removed from the attractions page too. Once it’s open, I’d say they’ll all return, with the advertising that it has backwards seats and it’s height requirements

I have reached out to Sea World and they are looking into it but you would think customer service team would know about this upcharge experience 2 weeks out from opening. 
Will post update when they find out more information.

02FC9C06-E4AA-41F5-8F10-EE7532148D69.png

No you wouldn’t actually because operations would still be finalizing their procedures (remember we are yet to see a train full of people during testing) which then impact on the retail department before final info can be passed on to guest relations. 

The last think you want is half finished/wrong info being given out because bat shit crazy people then take it as gospel and complain when it changes. 

I will say i find it a bit shocking Taipan’s tail whip is cheaper then both Rivals and Leviathans backwards costs. Tailwhips price is priced due to upkeep (Icon at Blackpool is the same price to further prove that point), but i can’t see backwards seats being that hard to maintain? Backwards seats also provide the same experience every time whereas Tailwhip doesn’t, so i really don’t see the value or explanation as to why they are so high, especially when Rivals started at $10.

Not to be too cynical, but I feel like there's two major reasons that they've decided on $30 (which is insane if you ask me) and that's a) because VRTP think they can charge anything for anything and people will pay it because they have the market cornered or conversely, b) they *whisper* this price in an 'unofficial' announcement via a Facebook message, people (i.e. us) get annoyed by it and then they reveal the price is cheaper than $30 and everyone is happy.

I 100% expected them to keep it the same price as Rivals and it’s true they have it so high as some people will pay it.

I more than likely will on my first visit and I’m sure a lot of those on holiday will too. $30 isn’t much on a $$$$ family holiday, a basic T shirt at the parks costs more.

I’m one of those that used to do DCR Backwards most visits at $10 then $15. But can’t justify it at a higher price, did it once at $25 with a friend who never had before and haven’t done it since. 

I still question the logic of such a high price in offpeak where it does mostly run empty, have off peak pricing or discounts for Locals One Pass holders.

32 minutes ago, jjuttp said:

Why that pass specifically?

Because it’s the current pass that the majority of Locals that visit hold. Just as they offer $50 Animal Adventures/Sea World Resort vouchers for renewals it makes sense to encourage in park spending.

They also removed the two previous in park benefits (discounted digital ride photos and discounted unlimited sipper cup).

4 hours ago, Park Addict 93 said:

I’m one of those that used to do DCR Backwards most visits at $10 then $15. But can’t justify it at a higher price, did it once at $25 with a friend who never had before and haven’t done it since. 

Same, we used to do it twice a visit at $10/15, then down to once a visit when it hit $20, now it's a yearly treat. So instead of getting $20-30 off me each visit VRTP now get $30 once a year.

Edited by aaronm

• Gazza locked this topic