Tim Dasco

Fully6 - WhiteWater World's new slide tower

204 posts in this topic

From the concept photos it does appear to be a short tower, so looks to be almost at max height just need to build the concrete floor and fence to complete tower

I drove past this morning.

The thick columns seen in the photos above are at max height because there's no more flanges for extra parts, and they have the lugs for the crane on top of the tube.

The start platform is assembled on the ground, and its legs are only about a meter long, plus the height of the handrail, so yeah the finished structure will probably end up being a couple of meters higher than what was photographed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StingRay said:

Looking great. As for the height, being body slides the tower does not need to be a massive structure. Shorter tower allows people to traverse the tower multiple times without feeling as winded at the taller towers.

Not to mention, body slides don't have block brakes and you have to wait for everyone to clear before the next person can go. Any higher / longer and slide time stretches out and queue time builds

Nearmap update from early October. Gives a good idea how it fits in with existing buildings, etc 

B820744A-7829-48C5-B964-5AA402971B24.jpeg

I’m interested to see where they place the queue/how it will be managed. Will they have a queue at the bottom and just let so many people up the tower at once, or will they split the stairs into different queues depending on what slide you want to go on. Accessing the stairs does look a bit tight too, so I wonder if they will get rid of those shaded areas to the right 

Edited by themagician

13 hours ago, themagician said:

I’m interested to see where they place the queue/how it will be managed. Will they have a queue at the bottom and just let so many people up the tower at once, or will they split the stairs into different queues depending on what slide you want to go on. Accessing the stairs does look a bit tight too, so I wonder if they will get rid of those shaded areas to the right 

Hopefully it'll just be like whitewater mountain - get to the top and then split off to the one you want to ride - it's not like Green Room and Wedgie where very different groups are the target - they're all fairly similar, and most people are going to want to ride each one so it should even things out - people will just line up behind whichever queue is the shortest.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, AlexB said:

Hopefully it'll just be like whitewater mountain - get to the top and then split off to the one you want to ride - it's not like Green Room and Wedgie where very different groups are the target - they're all fairly similar, and most people are going to want to ride each one so it should even things out - people will just line up behind whichever queue is the shortest.

.. exactly  - and adding 6 single rider slides will do wonders for Capacity overall + for People like me with a Partner/group that refuses to do water slides (I dunno, bad experience on one as a Child maybe?) so now I get 6 more to enjoy on my own.. sweet 😀

• Like 1