themagician

Dreamworld October 2020 Visit

47 posts in this topic

Im just looking through those photos above and wondering exactly where does any of this park look like somewhere appealing to visit? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you look at the left side of this photo from yesterday, you can see they’ve placed hay and pumpkins for Happy Halloween behind the fenced off area. So it seems they will have this area open at some point while the event is going on. It will be interesting to see if they remove Flowrider before the area reopens, or if it will be walled off. Same thoughts for the store to the left of Flowrider too. 
 

528A6892-7025-454D-BDEC-EE6C249DBC93.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, themagician said:

If you look at the left side of this photo from yesterday, you can see they’ve placed hay and pumpkins for Happy Halloween behind the fenced off area. So it seems they will have this area open at some point while the event is going on. It will be interesting to see if they remove Flowrider before the area reopens, or if it will be walled off. Same thoughts for the store to the left of Flowrider too. 
 

528A6892-7025-454D-BDEC-EE6C249DBC93.jpeg

The Escape Rooms for Happy Halloween will be in the Exhibition Centre so it makes sense the pumpkins behind the fence

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't know where else to put this so anyway - I returned to DW on the weekend for the first time in a couple years too. Alot has changed, and seeing it in person it's even more dramatic. Question I have is, and I may have missed it here somewhere, what's going on with the Kangaroo walk through area and the restaurant?

We walked through the emu bit and did the vintage cars, went to walk through to the kangaroos for the kids and it was a no go. Then I realized it wasn't even on the map! Is it all a covid thing or getting some renovations done?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, gumb00t said:

Didn't know where else to put this so anyway - I returned to DW on the weekend for the first time in a couple years too. Alot has changed, and seeing it in person it's even more dramatic. Question I have is, and I may have missed it here somewhere, what's going on with the Kangaroo walk through area and the restaurant?

We walked through the emu bit and did the vintage cars, went to walk through to the kangaroos for the kids and it was a no go. Then I realized it wasn't even on the map! Is it all a covid thing or getting some renovations done?

 

I believe the kangaroo/koala area at the back of the park is remaining closed because of low demand (little to no international tourists).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, gumb00t said:

Didn't know where else to put this so anyway - I returned to DW on the weekend for the first time in a couple years too. Alot has changed, and seeing it in person it's even more dramatic. Question I have is, and I may have missed it here somewhere, what's going on with the Kangaroo walk through area and the restaurant?

We walked through the emu bit and did the vintage cars, went to walk through to the kangaroos for the kids and it was a no go. Then I realized it wasn't even on the map! Is it all a covid thing or getting some renovations done?

 

It was closed for COVID as it was a high contact area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So of the train is on the map for Happy Halloween and listed as attraction number 1, does that mean it will be operating for the event?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, T-bone said:

So of the train is on the map for Happy Halloween and listed as attraction number 1, does that mean it will be operating for the event?

It’s been greyed out along with BuzzSaw, Pandamonium, Kickback Cove, Mad Jungle Jam and some other attractions so it’ll probably be closed.

 

58 minutes ago, themagician said:

DW have updated the events page and a map has been included 

6AD8721F-E942-48FA-8511-96CB82A7FF91.jpeg

I love how they decided to grey out the Tower of Terror store but not remove it as it has been permanently  closed for almost a year now.

Edited by gavinfulikes
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, gavinfulikes said:

It’s been greyed out along with BuzzSaw, Pandamonium, Kickback Cove, Mad Jungle Jam and some other attractions so it’ll probably be closed.

It looks like the whole map is grey? Some numbers are coloured, including Tiger Island for example, but that will still be open. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went back to DW again this morning, to check out the rest of the park and to visit WWW. 
 

WWW looks fantastic. A much better park to be in compared to WnW right now. I love they have all this storage at every attraction too

243470FB-47EA-452E-9AAF-3AA85736E40F.thumb.jpeg.998479daf5c351a89ad5b727c7d8d46e.jpeg

I noticed outside Fully 6, it appears there is a food outlet or something. Can anyone confirm?

959A6E26-4CA6-487C-AA7F-CA8FA5E4A143.thumb.jpeg.902638a72d7856decbebdd4b1a0d099a.jpeg

Nice big blue wall at the back of the park too

254CDDE7-0433-4CD5-BCD4-D2326A6202C7.thumb.jpeg.3e5075a8e3a376f2d647b8767f1f1988.jpeg

A91F7441-9D1F-4B8C-9EB7-E9B6272B134D.thumb.jpeg.a1a25e9972c09d4378c9699aac4c9748.jpeg

I finished my walk around DW too. Ventured back into the Corroboree area. With it being a dead end, it really ruins this area of the park. There wasn’t any music or atmosphere on the walk back here, so that didn’t help. And when you get back there, there isn’t much going for it. It feels like a budget zoo that you’d find in a small town. And walking past Rocky Hollow, it’s a bit of an eye sore. Hopefully they don’t leave it sitting there for years like some of there other rides

On my last visit I mentioned the eye sore that was the back of the ice cream parlour. Here it is

AD3E4A2D-5ED6-4A33-9C27-8D671E8D7BC6.thumb.jpeg.0d32accfc9b93303dbd14b320f43b222.jpeg

I noticed the Tiger Island signage has been removed 

26BE6085-A8BB-48F5-85CC-AFEB4220627E.thumb.jpeg.145b91aa167480e65928dcb11ba701a2.jpeg

And pandemonium is under maintenance 

97C0C969-E785-48C6-BC08-99F7DE2FAA57.thumb.jpeg.5bcc05ab7f2ede2de99a5f852e38683b.jpeg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gavinfulikes said:

I think that was where the old Sandman’s Cafe & Bar was.

Correctumundo. I'm sure down the track when attendance picks up they'll look at re-opening it. The seating nearby is a nice spot to chill-out and watch Fully6.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On Saturday I went to dreamworld for Happy Halloween and was thoroughly impressed. The park looked very good under lighting, I also have to say that there is still plenty of rides at Dreamworld even though people are complaining that there is nothing left. 

In 3 ½ hours I managed to get on the Claw, Giant Drop, Tail Spin, Sky voyager these rides are still very enjoyable and exciting. 

I love what they have done with barrels burger bar really fits in well with the theme and also very excited for the new roller coaster when I return next year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dreamworld for ants these days. 🤪

I'll give em til the middle of the decade and maybe make my first visit back since 2010...an ordinary day that was!  Hoping DW can pull through and rediscover its quality THEME Park potential....new water [log] ride please.....I have a dream!!!  👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/11/2020 at 12:17 PM, RobMac said:

Dreamworld for ants these days. 🤪

I'll give em til the middle of the decade and maybe make my first visit back since 2010...an ordinary day that was!  Hoping DW can pull through and rediscover its quality THEME Park potential....new water [log] ride please.....I have a dream!!!  👍

unfortunately, you picked a terrible day to visit. The claw was down for maintenance and the ice cream parlor has its rooftop off. they were all good on Sunday.  Last week the place was looking the best it has in years!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Parkz Crew

    Support Parkz... join the Crew for:

    • Ad-banner free viewing
    • Parkz Crew profile badge
    • Extended editing
    • See who's liked your posts
    • Purchase discounts

    Join Now from $20/yr

  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.