Dreamworld October 2020 Visit

themagician

If you look at the left side of this photo from yesterday, you can see they’ve placed hay and pumpkins for Happy Halloween behind the fenced off area. So it seems they will have this area open at some point while the event is going on. It will be interesting to see if they remove Flowrider before the area reopens, or if it will be walled off. Same thoughts for the store to the left of Flowrider too. 

528A6892-7025-454D-BDEC-EE6C249DBC93.jpeg

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, themagician said:

If you look at the left side of this photo from yesterday, you can see they’ve placed hay and pumpkins for Happy Halloween behind the fenced off area. So it seems they will have this area open at some point while the event is going on. It will be interesting to see if they remove Flowrider before the area reopens, or if it will be walled off. Same thoughts for the store to the left of Flowrider too. 

528A6892-7025-454D-BDEC-EE6C249DBC93.jpeg

The Escape Rooms for Happy Halloween will be in the Exhibition Centre so it makes sense the pumpkins behind the fence

Didn't know where else to put this so anyway - I returned to DW on the weekend for the first time in a couple years too. Alot has changed, and seeing it in person it's even more dramatic. Question I have is, and I may have missed it here somewhere, what's going on with the Kangaroo walk through area and the restaurant?

We walked through the emu bit and did the vintage cars, went to walk through to the kangaroos for the kids and it was a no go. Then I realized it wasn't even on the map! Is it all a covid thing or getting some renovations done?

39 minutes ago, gumb00t said:

Didn't know where else to put this so anyway - I returned to DW on the weekend for the first time in a couple years too. Alot has changed, and seeing it in person it's even more dramatic. Question I have is, and I may have missed it here somewhere, what's going on with the Kangaroo walk through area and the restaurant?

We walked through the emu bit and did the vintage cars, went to walk through to the kangaroos for the kids and it was a no go. Then I realized it wasn't even on the map! Is it all a covid thing or getting some renovations done?

I believe the kangaroo/koala area at the back of the park is remaining closed because of low demand (little to no international tourists).

5 hours ago, gumb00t said:

It was closed for COVID as it was a high contact area.

8 minutes ago, T-bone said:

So of the train is on the map for Happy Halloween and listed as attraction number 1, does that mean it will be operating for the event?

It’s been greyed out along with BuzzSaw, Pandamonium, Kickback Cove, Mad Jungle Jam and some other attractions so it’ll probably be closed.

58 minutes ago, themagician said:

DW have updated the events page and a map has been included 

6AD8721F-E942-48FA-8511-96CB82A7FF91.jpeg

I love how they decided to grey out the Tower of Terror store but not remove it as it has been permanently  closed for almost a year now.

Edited by gavinfulikes

8 hours ago, gavinfulikes said:

It’s been greyed out along with BuzzSaw, Pandamonium, Kickback Cove, Mad Jungle Jam and some other attractions so it’ll probably be closed.

It looks like the whole map is grey? Some numbers are coloured, including Tiger Island for example, but that will still be open. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Went back to DW again this morning, to check out the rest of the park and to visit WWW. 

WWW looks fantastic. A much better park to be in compared to WnW right now. I love they have all this storage at every attraction too

243470FB-47EA-452E-9AAF-3AA85736E40F.thumb.jpeg.998479daf5c351a89ad5b727c7d8d46e.jpeg

I noticed outside Fully 6, it appears there is a food outlet or something. Can anyone confirm?

959A6E26-4CA6-487C-AA7F-CA8FA5E4A143.thumb.jpeg.902638a72d7856decbebdd4b1a0d099a.jpeg

Nice big blue wall at the back of the park too

254CDDE7-0433-4CD5-BCD4-D2326A6202C7.thumb.jpeg.3e5075a8e3a376f2d647b8767f1f1988.jpeg

A91F7441-9D1F-4B8C-9EB7-E9B6272B134D.thumb.jpeg.a1a25e9972c09d4378c9699aac4c9748.jpeg

I finished my walk around DW too. Ventured back into the Corroboree area. With it being a dead end, it really ruins this area of the park. There wasn’t any music or atmosphere on the walk back here, so that didn’t help. And when you get back there, there isn’t much going for it. It feels like a budget zoo that you’d find in a small town. And walking past Rocky Hollow, it’s a bit of an eye sore. Hopefully they don’t leave it sitting there for years like some of there other rides

On my last visit I mentioned the eye sore that was the back of the ice cream parlour. Here it is

AD3E4A2D-5ED6-4A33-9C27-8D671E8D7BC6.thumb.jpeg.0d32accfc9b93303dbd14b320f43b222.jpeg

I noticed the Tiger Island signage has been removed 

26BE6085-A8BB-48F5-85CC-AFEB4220627E.thumb.jpeg.145b91aa167480e65928dcb11ba701a2.jpeg

And pandemonium is under maintenance 

97C0C969-E785-48C6-BC08-99F7DE2FAA57.thumb.jpeg.5bcc05ab7f2ede2de99a5f852e38683b.jpeg

• Like 4

On Saturday I went to dreamworld for Happy Halloween and was thoroughly impressed. The park looked very good under lighting, I also have to say that there is still plenty of rides at Dreamworld even though people are complaining that there is nothing left. 

In 3 ½ hours I managed to get on the Claw, Giant Drop, Tail Spin, Sky voyager these rides are still very enjoyable and exciting. 

I love what they have done with barrels burger bar really fits in well with the theme and also very excited for the new roller coaster when I return next year. 

Dreamworld for ants these days. 🤪

I'll give em til the middle of the decade and maybe make my first visit back since 2010...an ordinary day that was!  Hoping DW can pull through and rediscover its quality THEME Park potential....new water [log] ride please.....I have a dream!!!  👍

On 02/11/2020 at 12:17 PM, RobMac said:

Dreamworld for ants these days. 🤪

I'll give em til the middle of the decade and maybe make my first visit back since 2010...an ordinary day that was!  Hoping DW can pull through and rediscover its quality THEME Park potential....new water [log] ride please.....I have a dream!!!  👍

unfortunately, you picked a terrible day to visit. The claw was down for maintenance and the ice cream parlor has its rooftop off. they were all good on Sunday.  Last week the place was looking the best it has in years!