Movie world Maintenance 2022

Smol bean

On 24/11/2022 at 10:02 PM, Dean Barnett said:

Someone just posted on another place on the internet that rivals backwards is now $40 a go - can someone confirm this? The price is no longer listed on the website.

Still $30. But it's $40 to go forward if you want to skip the queue...

Was at Movieworld on Monday and Doomsday never opened, was a really busy day with a lot of groups and schools. Really disappointing that they were running one train ops on both DC and Superman. Wait times blow out fast and dispatches were very, very slow. Disappointing to see a lot of dejected school kids having to leave their spot in line they had held for 2 hours as they needed to regroup for lunch or whatever it was they were doing.

Been a while since I have been to MW but last time they also were doing single train ops during a busy day and without a fast pass it would have been a miserable day. Are they running a second train at all these days on DC?

One thing i don’t get is why MovieWorld never run two trains, like if you know a lot of school groups are coming and for a lot of people it’s the start of school holidays + schoolies, then prepare for a busy day? and while you’re at it, train the staff on how to do faster dispatches, 5mins for a Mack (simple restraint system) isn’t right, if a Mack coaster with same train design down the road can be ready for dispatch when the 2nd train hits the breaks (which involves a 3rd step of scanning the back of the seat), they should be doing the same. 

Edited by Rivals
  • Like 1

I agree.  But that is not what is happening.

Are MW staff allowed to dispatch the train before the 1st train has returned?

The reason I mentioned it was the brakes making it take longer is because every time I’ve ridden ST.   DW also haven’t cleared the station before the other train returns.  Are the parks working off, the trains need to be reloaded by the time the other train returns to the final brake run?

Another question because I can’t remember on Rivals.  Does the train come to a complete stop if MW is running one train?

Some coasters do this no matter how many trains are on track.

4 hours ago, New display name said:

Another question because I can’t remember on Rivals.  Does the train come to a complete stop if MW is running one train?

Some coasters do this no matter how many trains are on track.

If there is only one train on, the train will continue rolling through and make it back to the station faster then if there was 2 trains on.

6 hours ago, New display name said:

Are MW staff allowed to dispatch the train before the 1st train has returned?

This is an assumption, but since the chain can stop I assume the lift hill counts as a block section so yes? they could? But also I've never seen their Unload/Load procedures fast enough for that anyway.

On 01/12/2022 at 6:11 PM, Naazon said:

But also I've never seen their Unload/Load procedures fast enough for that anyway.

One thing they could do to really speed up dispatches without risking anything from a safety perspective is to simply group more than one train onto the station. They've got the space to do at least 3 groups. Paint some dots on the floor and be done.

5 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

One thing they could do to really speed up dispatches without risking anything from a safety perspective is to simply group more than one train onto the station.

This. I've seen massive B&M 4 wide trains load quicker with no grouper. People are smart enough to work it out. Just restrict the numbers of people that get let in the area. 

Someone could probably think of a way to automate that.

On 30/11/2022 at 10:02 AM, LSM said:

But it's $40 to go forward if you want to skip the queue...

Movie World in the Gold Coast skip queue is officially more expensive that Disney Parks new Lightning lane .. even with the shitty AUD>USD conversion - and their peak pricing for thanksgiving.

That'l do me

9 hours ago, Brendo88 said:

Justice League has now reopened from its lengthy refurb/ maintenance period. Has anyone been able to go on it yet and confirm any changes?

I visited the park tonight for White Christmas and JL was down for tech issues. Not sure if it reopened.

JL is open, with the only noticeably unoperational effect in the queue line being the news screens behind a barrier before the main cattle pen. Will edit when off, but I’m not super knowledgeable on the ride so I may miss things that aren’t working as intended.

Edit: Most effects seemed to be working to me, and a decent amount of hits were registering.

Edited by Tricoart

Wild West Falls is a shit show today. 

only 2 or 3 boats on the track at any time. 

water levels too low between the backwards drop and Indian teepees so you are literally rolling on the concrete which is not great for your back. 

Audio track skipping and looping the skip through western town, most of the effects not working at all. No lights, sounds or screens for the entirety of the lift hill or turntable 

JL is about 80% working 

Lasers stopped working before final scene. Scene didn’t play out until we had passed it.

no ride photos 

• Like 1

• Slick locked this topic