Jungle Rush Coaster

mattcrombie

18 hours ago, Baconjack said:

Hard disagree. It is solidly the worst coaster on the gold coast, though was beaten by arkham when it was open. Though to be fair at least arkham offered forces, even if the ride felt like it was ripping itself apart at the end. Motocoaster offers nothing, is high off the ground so feels slow compared to JR, the restraints are uncomfortable, and the ride barely has enough speed to clear the 2nd lap.

I was probably more trying to reflect the thinking of a reasonable number of voters rather than my own opinion. On those polls, personally I'll always rate a punisher lower than a passive coaster.

Arkham did offer an okay ride experience, the new restraints made it much better and you didn't get cauliflower ears from the jerky transitions.

I haven't ridden Gold Coaster in so long, not even the hot wheels incarnation. Didn't bother when I was there in Oct.

Jungle Love Coaster should be fun, but oh my gosh $35 million is a lot for a family coaster. Personally, I would have got multiple really solid less expensive drawcard attractions for the money, but we'll see how it goes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, downunder said:

Jungle Love Coaster should be fun, but oh my gosh $35 million is a lot for a family coaster. 

It is, however a lot of that is for the theming. I think it’s dreamworld fighting back at Sea World’s world class theming on Leviathan & they will label it as Australian best themed family coaster. 

As for the last 15-20 years, we haven’t seen great theming on our coasters, so to see both Village & Dreamworld both spending big on theming, I’m all for it. 

Edited by xRazzBerryx

^I hear you, but they're really putting all their eggs in one basket, and they don't have an asset to sell like Main Event in the future to keep afloat.

Sometimes simple theming works really well. I always loved the way Top Thrill Dragster made every launch seem like an event with the announcements, Christmas lights, revving engine and the screeching tyre sounds, and the bleachers at the side. 

10 hours ago, Naazon said:

Isn't someone building a tilting coaster soon?

This won't be for a tilt coaster, the prototype unit for Energylandia of which is already built and testing a stone's throw from this structure.

5 hours ago, Rivals said:

apparently 4 parks are building tilt coasters but only two are confirmed, which is Cotaland / Circuit of Americas (same park building the Gerstlauer Infinity Shuttle ‘palindrome’) and Energylandia. 

Qiddiya has more or less been confirmed as the third location, and their model will be the largest of the four.

1649194931584.thumb.png.53b37b3d07300c132c7713c87d2fc999.pngTilt1.JPG.563ee8ebf769c0a36556dce6f3660177.JPGIMG_6237.thumb.jpg.5d36c2fdd865f964b3153f74398c4be2.jpg

On 01/12/2022 at 11:24 AM, TPoseOnTantrum said:

Vekoma has been building yet another prototype at their factory in Vlodrop, identified only as "ZigZag" by construction permit. Could this possibly be the inclined turntable?

Source

More photo uploads of the prototype but I can't copy the photos as I'm not a member of CoasterForce.

Vekoma building ZigZag test-construction @ Vlodrop | FORUMS - COASTERFORCE

Edited by New display name

• 2 weeks later...

I really am not a huge fan of the name “jungle rush” it’s gonna be the most expensive roller coaster ever built (as far as I know) in Australia I feel like it deserves a better name. Jungle rush is a rename for escape from Madagascar but not for this coaster! I feel like theming it to crocs would fit into the river town theme and you can have a few cool names. Like  “DOROTHY”   Theme it too a huge croc named Dorothy…  on second thought it’s probably good I am not in charge of naming these rides…

On 25/11/2022 at 10:46 AM, Slick said:

Steel Taipan, a ride which has largely failed to drive gate to the level they had hoped for.

Dreamworld stated that since the introduction of ST they have finally received their first profitable quarter this year since 2016. I think if they can time it good, this will really be good for the park :) 

4 hours ago, Lachie F said:

Dreamworld stated that since the introduction of ST they have finally received their first profitable quarter this year since 2016. I think if they can time it good, this will really be good for the park :) 

It’s been posted elsewhere that other parks did nothing and saw a larger % increase in attendance than Dreamworld. Roller-coasters are supposed to drive attendance, no ifs ands or buts, so with that context in mind, it’s tough to justify the ROI of the project, let alone confusing it with an EBITDA profit over an actual profit. 

7 hours ago, Slick said:

It’s been posted elsewhere that other parks did nothing and saw a larger % increase in attendance than Dreamworld. Roller-coasters are supposed to drive attendance, no ifs ands or buts, so with that context in mind, it’s tough to justify the ROI of the project, let alone confusing it with an EBITDA profit over an actual profit. 

I do find it interesting how much money they are investing. There was definitely probably cheaper almost better rides dreamworld could have bought that could have got a better return for the park.  Yes sky Voyager is amazing but maybe buying something like Lech coaster would have got better returns on investment? Maybe a 30M coaster is not actually better then another company’s 20M coaster? Idk

9 hours ago, Slick said:

It’s been posted elsewhere that other parks did nothing and saw a larger % increase in attendance than Dreamworld.

Other parks weren't coming from a space as poorly managed as Dreamworld had been prior to covid. The entire 4 years between TRRR and Covid were entirely botched, and the park had made some tough decisions to remove some core attractions as end of life with nothing in the wings to replace them (due to the ongoing botching). 

I've heard both park operators speak about the symbiotic relationship the gold coast has - village and dreamworld rely on each other to support the industry and the tourism. The park returning to any semblance of profitable reporting after so long is a positive step for the coast and the industry as a whole.

9 hours ago, Slick said:

Roller-coasters are supposed to drive attendance, no ifs ands or buts, so with that context in mind, it’s tough to justify the ROI of the project

1 hour ago, REGIE said:

There was definitely probably cheaper almost better rides dreamworld could have bought that could have got a better return for the park.  

Remember, Steel Taipan was a last minute opening. Mack had a cancellation, and an open build slot well advanced in the queue. What we've seen across the industry suggests that wait times for coasters have blown out, and with Dreamworld closing attractions everywhere, they needed something to act as an anchor. A reliable clone, a few modifications, they may not have had many options to do much more than that.

Sure, ST doesn't appear to have been the big draw card it could have been, but I wouldn't consider it a failed investment - it alone won't bring people to the park, but as time goes on, and as these other investments are built and open, it will bring balance to the park between basic and big thrill, and is future proofing the park against the loss of their only other full size full circuit coaster - gold coaster - when it eventually reaches end of life.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I actually think it's important to look at the impact of Steel Taipan beyond just driving gate sales. Dreamworld has had a clear focus on 'guest satisfaction' over the last couple of years and the 'guest metric' scores have increased. I've been on Taipan a lot and the first time guests are always really impressed by the coaster. The addition of Taipan seems to have improved staff morale, given Dreamworld the confidence to forge forward and very quickly filled in the Rapids area, I actually think it's been a very big success, the kinetic energy it has delivered for the park, the road side appeal. It certainly isn't Hypercoaster, but Dreamworld isn't Village, nor is it trying to be.

• Like 3

your definitely right actually. I have seen a lot of people who told me ST repaired their trust in dreamworld even if they are not visiting the park. It’s now a must do on a lot of peoples lists. And if dreamworld ever add another BIG coaster I can’t think of a better backup ride. It also brings new hope that dreamworld can recover.