Wet n Wild SurfRider taken off website

Natti_amusements

On 06/05/2023 at 3:03 AM, CR4ZE said:

Hardly a loss. There's another smokers' area at the back of the wild west area, and the walk is maybe four minutes on a busy day. The cardio might do them some good.

Honestly quicker to go out to the carpark from Superman. Less congested too.

The last time I was in the states - about 10 years ago - parks had smoking areas everywhere, including e-cigs - the areas were even sponsored by the e-cig companies with the ashtrays and benches having advertising. 

So it was quite a shock this year that none of the parks allowed smoking in-park. All smokers were required to exit the park - and that included e-cigs and vapes. It was honestly so nice to walk around the park without getting smacked in the face by smoke.

(ex smoker here)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rappa said:

You don’t love being smashed in the face by the sweet sent of second hand passionfruit grape vape? … WEIRD

I know right? I mean cold winter mornings outside are a constant reminder of just how much we inhale the air that comes out of someone else's lungs - the last thing I want to do is be reminded at other times by making it smell fruity.

1 minute ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

is that actually gold or undercoat? looks like part of the red track on the right hasn't been painted yet (at the rear) and is the same colour as the track next to it.

It’s a yellowy gold colour, the red has been blended into it by the looks of it. The person who took the photo also said it was gold, im guessing it’ll be a flash themed ride like what was rumoured.

As someone who's checked the track in person a couple of times, the lighting and shading of the tent can effect how the track colour looks, so it might not be gold. The track was stripped from blue to grey, and then repainted white the last I checked. The red is definitely new though and is exciting to see!

Just now, Rivals said:

Track is now on site 

Looks great, however I hope the ramps are repainted (unless it is a Supergirl theme, in which it would fit in). Having blue supports/ramps wouldn't fit in with the Flash colour IMO.

I was really hoping for contrasting colours to make this attraction standout. The purpose of this ride being moved is to add to MWs attraction count so it can handle crowds/queues better. The Superman Escape is the first ride you see when you enter under the arch. The park should want this ride to standout, not blend in. 

What do these colours leave as options for theme? Superman (again), Supergirl and maybe Wonder Women (just need some gold added into the colour scheme).

• Like 4

I do wish it was a different colour scheme too, I would prefer if it was yellow / gold track with red supports and a Wonder Woman Theme, it would stand out and be a different colour to anything in the park. The rumour was that the ride was a “flash skateboard ride” so with these colours I'm going to assume that is still the case. 

I wonder when we’ll be getting an announcement for the ride though, they’ve already started construction, teased it 3 months ago, and track is now on sight.

Edited by Rivals

18 hours ago, Slick said:

“Hey! Let’s go on the one with the red track!” “Superman?” “Nah, the one over there!” “Yeah, Superman!” “NO, the red over near Superman that’s not Superman but has a launch on it.” “Yeah, Superman.”

That is spot on.  It’s confusing enough that seaworld has 2 blue coasters and they are different shades of blue and different companies.  I over hear people at SeaWorld always saying they thought storm and jet rescue was one coaster or them not realising JR exists because it blends in with storm. 🤦‍♂️ 

On 13/5/2023 at 11:48 AM, REGIE said:

That is spot on.  It’s confusing enough that seaworld has 2 blue coasters and they are different shades of blue and different companies.  I over hear people at SeaWorld always saying they thought storm and jet rescue was one coaster or them not realising JR exists because it blends in with storm. 🤦‍♂️ 

This is a bit different though. It’ll be even more confusing for punters given both track types are very similar if not the same. It will look very strange when you walk in towards the fountain and see Superman and red Surfrider next to each other.

The catwalks and supports don’t look like they’ve been repainted so maybe they’ll do that during the install. I’d take a guess at this opening during the September holidays so there’s still plenty of time for this to get done

45 minutes ago, Baconjack said:

I’d take a guess at this opening during the September holidays so there’s still plenty of time for this to get done

This is my thinking too, drawcard for each holiday period.

June/July - MW special event

September - Surfrider

Dec/Jan - MW special event.

I honestly don’t mind that it’s a similar colour scheme to SE, especially if it’s a Supergirl theme. Have a good entrance sign so those going to ride SE will notice, it’s not like Jet Rescue tucked away under the remains of a bridge.

Edited by Park Addict 93
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Park Addict 93 said:

This is my thinking too, drawcard for each holiday period.

June/July - MW special event

September - Surfrider

Dec/Jan - MW special event.

I honestly don’t mind that it’s a similar colour scheme to SE, especially if it’s a Supergirl theme. Have a good entrance sign so those going to ride SE will notice, it’s not like Jet Rescue tucked away under the remains of a bridge.

From what I've been told, they were originally aiming to have the attraction opened for the June/July school holidays. Soon we will see them announce that they're redoing the Heroes & Villains event during this period.

It seems as the build has been pushed out though, so unlikely it will still align.

• rappa locked this topic