Arkham Asylum: Shock Therapy (Lethal Weapon Retheme)

ads086

^ Oooh I was right then - that's a first :P I was thinking that the trains would've been around $1.5 million and they would be spending an extra 500k - $1 million on the themeing.

Hmm >$1 million seems like a bit of a tight budget for a complete makeover of the area, doesn't it? Unless they're just repainting the buildings that are already there.

Hmm >$1 million seems like a bit of a tight budget for a complete makeover of the area, doesn't it? Unless they're just repainting the buildings that are already there.

Sort of depends what they're doing structurally to the place and I really can't comment on that because I have no clue. If its big structural work its gonna be a lot more $$. But if just minimal structural work and just a refit, then $1 mill sounds about right.

My partner works for a construction company - they build houses, among other things. From ground-break to turn-key, the cost of construction, including fixtures, paint, plumbing, electrical, structure is about $330,000 (including the cost of land) - so effectively, Movieworld has 3 brand new 4 bedroom houses to spend on the makeover. Considering that they aren't fitting out the inside of the houses... they're all facades - i'd say they can do quite a job with that money.

My partner works for a construction company - they build houses, among other things. From ground-break to turn-key, the cost of construction, including fixtures, paint, plumbing, electrical, structure is about $330,000 (including the cost of land) - so effectively, Movieworld has 3 brand new 4 bedroom houses to spend on the makeover. Considering that they aren't fitting out the inside of the houses... they're all facades - i'd say they can do quite a job with that money.

Thats great to hear then :)

but someone recently said it was just a picture of the old trains except it was stripped?

How could they be.... -The old trains dont have big curved bars. -The bit under the seat that supports it is different. You can see in that pic that each seat is on an individual prong (2 prongs) Normal SLC trains only have a central prong, with a crossbar to hold to the 2 seats : http://www.rcdb.com/1267.htm?p=12971 http://www.rcdb.com/429.htm?p=9823 Edited by Gazza

Here's hoping from this promo pic they do go all out with the costuming for the ride attendants! post-1981-0-11531600-1331443239_thumb.jp

If they would dress up the ride attendants with the Batman characters like Harley Quinn, how would people interact with them and get photos when your just being harness checked on the train?

I thought this might be the case. But unlike the existing Intamin and Vekoma chest hugging restraint designs, these seem very thin. In fact they almost mimic a car seat belt material, or a full body harness used when parachuting. It probably won't cause 'neck cutting', but still I wonder if this will be comfortable? Maybe One Day Holiday can describe those vest type restraints, considering he's seen the train :) I think the themeing choice and name is pretty creative! The idea of themeing the trains to electric chairs with the handles and the electrified head caps is brilliant. loving the little details like that! Expectations so far have been met, let's just hope Movieworld follows up this announcement with some great themeing and storyline as per the website.

The restraints are just like a car seat belt, no different at all.

I'd go with change of weight of the trains too if the speed has changed. As for tracking and friction, that concept art actually looks likes the same rolling stock/wheel bogies as the old train so I doubt much will be different here. It's the new seats that will make the difference.

Yes, the old rolling stock/wheel bogies are being reused for the new train. I also have confirmed the 85km/h speed is correct. The concept images I was shown have the attraction staff dressed as inmates rather than guards/psychiatrists. Edited by One day holiday

By the end of the year we'll have. -Superman -Arkham -Batwing -Green Lantern -September Attraction. 5 Rides. I think it is safe to say that the Superhero area will be well and truly built out by then, which makes sense...There's not a lot of space left unless you do something like stick a flat in the middle of the Superman sand area, plus I think they have run out of 'good' super heroes. The next ones in line (Say Flash or Wonderwoman) probably don't warrant an attraction themed to themselves just yet, and if they do, it would be a flat as mentioned above IMO. At IOA there are 4 rides in Marvel Super Hero Island (Hulk, Spider Man, Dr Dooms Fearfall, Storm Force Acceleratron) At SFMM there are 4 in DC universe (Green Lantern, Batman, Flash Speed Force, Wonder Womans Lasso of Truth) plus Superman and Riddlers separate to it all. In conlusion, I wouldn't stress too much Whitsy. I can see where you are coming from, but at the same time it's a catch 22. -If we want to have themed super hero area, there has to be a choice of attractions in it (4-5) for it to be worth making. -If we want to have a choice of attractions, it's going to take a little bit of time to actually establish the numbers needed. We're lucky in a way in that from GL to Arkham to the September Ride we've had them all built out in a 10 month period.

Edited by Gazza

First thing first, the news trains look hideous... They could have made them a bit nicer looking that's for sure and second? Well, I think you all know about my continued opposition to the ever-growing DC presence. Just get it over with and rename the entire park. >.>

You really want to get your point across hey :) you've posted this comment on a number of Movie World's Facebook pics already.