Arkham Asylum: Shock Therapy (Lethal Weapon Retheme)

ads086

One of the Facebook fan pages are claiming that the green 'buttons' on the handles are used to unlock the harness. Can anyone confirm whether there is any truth to this? I was actually hoping that they would let you 'shock' the person next to you during the ride. :P

I can confirm that is what I was told by matinance when I asked.

Do people really stop random maintenance staff in the park and ask questions like this straight up? Do they manage to answer with a straight face?

When you are looking at the train in question and maintenance staff are there to answer queries I wouldn't exactly consider it inappropriate ^_^

that better not be true!

It is! Edited by One day holiday

I don't get why they would build a ride where the guests unlock the harnesses themselves. As Gazza said it goes against nearly every coaster out there. I can't imagine making guests unlock their harnesses rather then a computer system doing it speeding up the unload/load process which Aussie parks struggle at to begin with, only slowing it down and LW was never quick at dispatching to begin with. I've watched people on Batwing and Superman who seriously struggle with their harnesses and its a computer doing it; especially on the exit with SE it goes up automatically and still people have no idea.

Do we know that's the only way to unlock them? Could easily be a system with two modes where by when it's busy they all pop up automatically but when quiet riders do it themselves.. best of both worlds. You already have to undo your seatbelt so it's not that much different I guess.

Could this green release button be an alternative to pulling the harness in towards you before they fully release? IMO that 'pull in to release' action is confusing to the first time guest (heck...to most people), which in turn slows down load times. Having that one button to press is a much simpler action, and not as uncomfortable as pulling a harness even closer towards you, when it's already considerably tight. Another thought; maybe the new harnesses sit tighter on your thighs. So now there's no more physical space for harness to be pushed closer.

Do we know that's the only way to unlock them? Could easily be a system with two modes where by when it's busy they all pop up automatically but when quiet riders do it themselves.. best of both worlds. You already have to undo your seatbelt so it's not that much different I guess.

You would think that would make sense but when I was talking to the maintenance dude he said that the only way to release is with buttons but there is a quick release for emergency uses. Also I ask him if the track layout would be getting a minor change to it as the we heaps of measuring points n the track, he said that they were planing to change the track but they don't have enough time. But said it might be changed latter on.

he said that they were planing to change the track but they don't have enough time. But said it might be changed latter on.

No offence but that sounds like bull There's no way they would change what would have been extensive & expensive planning (not to mention waste the money they would have already spent on ordered new track sections) due to a timing issue. The new tracks would have been ordered months ago, so a timing issue now would not change the decision to go ahead.

You would think that would make sense but when I was talking to the maintenance dude he said that the only way to release is with buttons but there is a quick release for emergency uses. Also I ask him if the track layout would be getting a minor change to it as the we heaps of measuring points n the track, he said that they were planing to change the track but they don't have enough time. But said it might be changed latter on.

I'm calling bullshit on that too. Even if he did tell you that, he was making it up.

There's no way they would change what would have been extensive & expensive planning (not to mention waste the money they would have already spent on ordered new track sections) due to a timing issue.

Pretty much this, it wouldn't be worth the money they've spent to have the track sitting in storage only to have to piss off the public by closing it again later for a month or so to demolish/rebuild/test a segment of new track. Not to mention the cost of having to get the construction guys back out again when they're already there now.