Sea World future attraction ideas

Flynn_Smith

On 08/11/2016 at 8:05 PM, Wil_i_am_not said:

I'd love to see an S&S Free Spin at Sea World

IMO, i don't think it would work, but on the other hand, I was looking at the Intamin website and saw the "Wing Coaster." The stats are pretty good, and I think it would fit perfectly in where the Vikings Revenge is. 

TECHNICAL DATA
Length of track up to 1200 m
Max. speed up to 125 km/h
Capacity per train up to 32
Hourly capacity up to 1350 pph
Total height up to 62 m

Another element that distinguishes Intamin’s Wing Coaster from the other winged coasters is its restraint system. Instead of an over-the-shoulder harness, it has only a lap restraint, allowing for upper-body freedom and actually a feeling of flight. Another world class rollercoaster is just what Sea World needs to rake in some more tourism. Unlike the 4-D free spin there is only 1 other ride like this in the world. 

• Richard changed the title to Sea World future attraction ideas

Storm and Jet Rescue, are perfect rides, just about everyone in a family enjoys them, but even the younger ones end up complaining that there is not much else to do. So maybe another ride like Storm and Jet Rescue, just maybe a little more on the thrilling side. Maybe in between scooby and green lantern. Something like Cheetah hunt could do nicely, with one inversion allowing it to be the parks big thrill ride, but it still appeals to the younger generation.busch-gardens-cheetahhunt_3624.jpg

This heartline roll on Cheetah hunt is the only inversion on the ride, but makes itself a signature part of the Busch Gardens park. Something like this at Seaworld would fit very nicely. The ride is easily themed to animals as Busch gardens proved, and it literally went round the Cheetah enclosure, allowing Cheetahs to 'race' the coast. Something like this could be very cool in Australia. To fit it into sea or ocean theme might be a little harder because most animals invovle water which may be hard to involce a roller coaster. The only down side to a ride like this is it is very similar to jet rescue. Their is not to much of a problem here, becaus you could almost make it next to each other and have Jet Rescue for young ones and this ride for the level up. It could also be very different if the ride used a tradiotional lift hill instead of the launch, to set itself apart, allowing for a big difference between the rides.  loed what Joz did with his Sea World, the only problem I see is that the ride he has placed where Sea Viper stood was incredibly thrilling. Thats fine, but Sea World would get a little bit more out of it by making it similar to Cheetah hunt.

4287185691_40163bb6c4_z.jpg

4943.jpg

The similarity between the rides is farily high as seen here, literally the same track at similar angels, but a lift hill would easily change that as well as incorporating the box shaped track that Intamin uses shown below. This would set the ride apart even further.

5814571955_c1e60cc7a4_b.jpg

S&S Freespins are a terrible idea for SeaWorld, they'd be better off installing one of these (GaleForce at Playland), which is basically Buzzsaw but a lot better:

As they are both S&S rides, I can't see VRTP buying something from S&S again after the accident on Green Lantern. 

The ride is about 67 metres long and 12 metres wide, so it could fit in the old Corkscrew area??

Edited by XxMrYoshixX
Fixing spelling

24 minutes ago, reanimated35 said:

I would doubt that the incident on what was effectively a prototype ride would mean they'd abandon the companies other attractions. 

Yeah, I don't see any reason why they'd not purchase from S&S again. If it's a concern over safety then I don't see why they would still be selling rides, let alone movie world still operating GL.

And I don't think MW got terrible treatment from them, as it appears that they were very quick to prepare a redesigned wheel assembly. If anything, I'd think MW may even be more inclined to purchase from them again, given adequate assurances over the design from the beginning.

I agree Sea World's focus is more family oriented, but one must remember that families have older children too - and those younger ones get older as well. The park needs to offer something to cater to a more adult level demographic or it risks being relegated to the 'we've done that once, we don't need to do it again' pile... kind of like Paradise Country was, and they're working hard to change that.

I think one more big coaster, something of a level to replace Sea Viper. Then they need to bring in a few more mid-thrill flats, and a few family friendly but still thrilling attractions.

GaleForce is still to open whilst they wait on a new section of track to be manufactured and shipped from Italy. Not exactly the best thing to happen with your newest design. Looks a fun ride but raises the question of does it meet the capacity requirements of Sea World. It is one thing to suggest a small coaster but it needs to be something that will accommodate a high throughput of people.

Intamin released a new drop tower design at IAAPA called the Sky Jump. It looks a fair bit like a falcons fury style drop tour but a lot cheaper. I reckon a park like Sea World could do with it a lot. Its very different to every other drop tower on the gold coast. We've got one that goes down, we've got one that goes up, and if Sea World put this in, a thrilling ride with a pretty good capacity and small foot print, we would have a drop tower that goes down and twists you around. Have a look:

It could be themed to sea birds, like an Osprey.

@Theme Park Girl seeing that aerial photo of Bermuda Triangle brought back so many great memories, miss it so much.

Know it's prob not on topic, but does anyone have pics of the inside of BT or anyone see what it looked like lights on or during maintenance or something. Would love to know what it looked like/how it all worked, etc.

Thanks in advance.

Also, what did they do with all those awesome props from inside the volcano? Having a look at clips on YouTube, though very dark, reminded me of how awesome that ride was. Anyone know if any of them survived? Why, oh why did they get rid of BT :'(

Edited by UpperCoomera
punctuation