DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

^You'd be surprised Skeet.

Image below:

top - random housing estate my wife's company built. You can clearly make out the plumbing points (missed the site pegs by a few weeks).

Second pics - your pics of the pegs.

bottom - original image posted by TPG (i think).

I know they've scraped the block since TPGs image, but we should see some of the marker pegs return after the initial groundwork (assumption only).

hopefully, Nearmap gets a shot whilst the marker stakes are in, casting a shadow and making it easier to see.

Untitled.png

Come on Alex fair crack of the whip.  The nearmap is picking up drainage pipes which are a lot bigger than a peg.  To add to that how are you going to identify what the peg is for from a spaceship.  I would be waiting on all the foundations going in before using nearmap.

If you know the difference between the pegs, then go for it.

Edited by YLFATEEKS

Not a spaceship... a Cessna.

A unique exclusive process of imagery capturing, processing and publishing is used. Traditionally, high resolution aerial imagery has to be captured by a low altitude flying aircraft, then the data is manually processed and stitched together digitally to create a PhotoMap, a slow process which can take months to complete. Nearmap speeds up this process by using their own engineered camera capture equipment, named a 'HyperPod', which is attached to Cessna 210 light aircraft, which fly at a high altitude, enabling entire cities to be captured in a day or two. Once the imagery is captured, it is processed through super computers which run software known as 'HyperVision' which automatically processes and stitches together the many individual photographs captured into one virtually seamless PhotoMap. These PhotoMaps are then hosted on Nearmap's end user web portal, known as 'MapBrowser'. Along with traditional top-down photography, the HyperPod is also able to capture oblique aerial photographs from 4 different angles and digital elevation model data at the same time.

The provider currently covers 2.26 per cent of Australia's landmass, with coverage primarily for capital cities and major regional towns. Special imagery may be flown for events such as natural disasters, for example, 2 cm resolution coverage of Brisbane and Ipswich during the 2010–2011 Queensland floods. Imagery is normally updated for 60% of Australia's population regularly (6+ times per year for metropolitan ares) at a 7.5 cm (3.0 in) average resolution and an additional 15% every three months at a 10 cm (3.9 in) resolution.

Although they don't deploy their 2cm resolution just for the hell of it - this will give you an idea of the resolution. This is my SES depot during the 2011 floods. The roof is used for training roof repair crews. The detail you can pick up is pretty impressive.

SES.png

Also - oblique imagery from sides - you may not be able to identify a peg if it's only an inch or two above ground from directly above, but the multiview option allows you to look at it from 4 different angles as well....

NESW.png

I don't know if anyone noticed but as you all know, Village Roadshow built a new sound stage as part of the Studios for the Commonwealth Games but did anyone noticed this other development application for another sound stage that was approved in March?

Could this be a new sound stage for a dark ride component of the new roller coaster? Or is it for another new ride? Or is it actually another sound stage for the Studios or for other miscellaneous uses by either the Studios or MW?

I had to do a bit of research to make sure I wasn't been confused with the Commonwealth Games sound stage especially as there seems to be no room at the roller coaster construction site for a new sound stage unless it is small, built into the Justice League: Alien Invasion 3D ride sound stage or the swamp gets filled in like how @mba2012 suggests is occurring as we speak. But after finding separate development applications & confirming the Commonwealth Games sound stage was nearly fully built around the time this new sound stage development application was submitted for approval, I'm very confident it is for a newer sound stage but for what purpose and where?

2 hours ago, Jamberoo Fan said:

I don't know if anyone noticed but as you all know, Village Roadshow built a new sound stage as part of the Studios for the Commonwealth Games but did anyone noticed this other development application for another sound stage that was approved in March?

Could this be a new sound stage for a dark ride component of the new roller coaster? Or is it for another new ride? Or is it actually another sound stage for the Studios or for other miscellaneous uses by either the Studios or MW?

I had to do a bit of research to make sure I wasn't been confused with the Commonwealth Games sound stage especially as there seems to be no room at the roller coaster construction site for a new sound stage unless it is small, built into the Justice League: Alien Invasion 3D ride sound stage or the swamp gets filled in like how @mba2012 suggests is occurring as we speak. But after finding separate development applications & confirming the Commonwealth Games sound stage was nearly fully built around the time this new sound stage development application was submitted for approval, I'm very confident it is for a newer sound stage but for what purpose and where?

I "think" the top 2 are the sheds being used for the hero mazes this fright nights, and obviously we know what SS9 is. 

Capture.JPG

Noticed on the way into the car park yesterday markers being hammered in heading towards Green Lantern. This looks like it is going to be big whatever it is assuming those markers are for it. As shown in the photos by TPG they seem to have a bit of a gopher problem as there are quite a few holes and piles of dirt around the place especially in the front corner near the traffic lights.

The overflow car park grass area has a heap of pipes and some holes being dug too alongside the exit road. I didn't get any photos but sure someone probably will over the weekend.

Edited by pin142
Didn't English good enough

Well with The Ultimate being 7:24 approx ride time,  2.3 km length, top speed 80kph, but only going 18kph average...

Steel Dragon being being 4:00 approx ride time, 2.5 km length, top speed 153kph...

Both at their longest width from point to point are between 700 and 750 metres...

Longest width that is being cleared at MW is approx 300 metres...

Either this thing is really going to wind on itself and have a low average speed (Road Runner is max 46kph so think less than half that speed), or I would say that 8 minute ride time either includes a lot of waiting time to unload or is totally incorrect...

• Richard changed the title to DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion
  • joz locked and unlocked this topic
  • joz locked this topic