Sign in to follow this  
Brad2912

Wipeout Removal

50 posts in this topic

42 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

Good to see that are being respectful to the ol’ Girl...

FFF64920-9C0D-46AC-A185-BCD8C26BB38D.jpeg

Any Dreamworld staff lucky enough not to be made redundant, take note that this is what you can expect when you go into retirement! 

Edited by pushbutton
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully it's just a quick removal of the ride rather than the whole area, would be nice for them to reuse the wave, shack/station and old surfboards that went missing a while back in the seating area. If you're not going to give us anything new then a reminder of what once was is better than nothing

Edited by diesal11
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pushbutton said:

Any Dreamworld staff lucky enough not to be made redundant, take note that this is what you can expect when you go into retirement! 

Their they will probably operate “Sky voyager”. My bet is 3 staff at the max when they operate it. 2 gondolas and 1 enterance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hahahaha Ardent you dick heads. That is not they way to destroy a ride, if you are going to do it this way could've been destroyed behind the scenes rather than open to public view...

  • Nauseating 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Max Egan said:

Hahahaha Ardent you dick heads. That is not they way to destroy a ride, if you are going to do it this way could've been destroyed behind the scenes rather than open to public view...

How could this have been destroyed behind the scenes? The entire point of the ride was to be out in the view of people, so there was literally no possible way it could be removed without people seeing. 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Flynn_Smith said:

How could this have been destroyed behind the scenes? The entire point of the ride was to be out in the view of people, so there was literally no possible way it could be removed without people seeing. 🤔

Build a cage over it..............JKS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MickeyD said:

...Considering so much of the ride was re-built not that long ago, couldn't it have been sold rather than just destroyed?

 

You would think so. until you start to realise something went terribly wrong with the ride. I am having a wild guess and saying the supports suffered stress fractures and maybe even the gondola too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As much as i'm team HUSS TOP SPIN, this is still hard to see... Soo glad they spent all that money not long ago on new bearings etc.

I'm literally done with that place, it's a never again for me unfortunately, nothing there for me to want to visit, and as much as I didn't rate the Wipeout as a ride, it was incredibly iconic, and fun to watch.. and the sounds from those engines will be missed :-(

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, StingRay said:

I am having a wild guess and saying the supports suffered stress fractures and maybe even the gondola too.

I have stress fractures at the moment and have a moon boot. All DW needed was 2 big moon boots aka over the top bracing...hahahaha

Edited by Thrill Seeker
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, MickeyD said:

...Considering so much of the ride was re-built not that long ago, couldn't it have been sold rather than just destroyed?

 

If it was worth selling for someone else to use then it would be worth keeping open at Dreamworld. Obviously it’s just too old to be kept viable, so they will just sell the scrap metal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rac2703 said:

If it was worth selling for someone else to use then it would be worth keeping open at Dreamworld. Obviously it’s just too old to be kept viable, so they will just sell the scrap metal. 

I think @MickeyD was referring to parts within the ride, not the whole ride its self.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well Six Flags won't have any donator parts to use on their similar ride in Mexico then. Guess the Vekoma Top Spin will be the theme park equivalent of the dinosaurs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Parkz Crew

    Support Parkz... join the Crew for:

    • Ad-banner free viewing
    • Parkz Crew profile badge
    • Extended editing
    • See who's liked your posts
    • Purchase discounts

    Join Now from $20/yr

  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.