The New Atlantis - Construction Updates

typically they've planned a presser in the morning, and the GCB releases it at the stroke of midnight once the media embargo is released. I'm pretty sure we all had the concept art for Atlantis well and truly analysed by the time it came to  the presser in Shark Bay.

Maybe they've woken up to GCB and just want to release it themselves (as opposed to - you know - putting a time on the embargo?)

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Naazon said:

Honestly just weird timing for a 'Family Ride'

Tops today's cake.

6 minutes ago, themagician said:

They’ve just updated the countdown and it now says, ‘midnight train reveal’

Didn't they do that yesterday on Instagram?

Edited by New display name

1 hour ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

As for Steel Taipan, it also had a brief closure in March post-opening, which you yourself posted about:  

i posted about it being closed for a couple days (it ended up being 3) which was due to it having maintenance issues. it didn’t close for a seperate maintenance period it was just having some issues. 

Not them treating this as Taylor Swifts new album Midnights. 

id love to join their marketing team and show em what’s up. 

here is the link to the train reveal: https://www.instagram.com/reel/Ckf_fXHDAnj/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

definetly reminds me of what Dreamworld did for ST’s train reveal. But something Dreamworld didn’t do is add a world’s first to the train design, as according to SeaWorld, Leviathans train is “the worlds most stunning train design.” So it’s now the World’s best family coaster, the World’s most iconic wooden roller coaster with the World’s most stunning train design. 

6 minutes ago, Rivals said:

here is the link to the train reveal: https://www.instagram.com/reel/Ckf_fXHDAnj/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

definetly reminds me of what Dreamworld did for ST’s train reveal. But something Dreamworld didn’t do is add a world’s first to the train design, as according to SeaWorld, Leviathans train is “the worlds most stunning train design.” So it’s now the World’s best family coaster, the World’s most iconic wooden roller coaster with the World’s most stunning train design. 

Don't forget the World's Greatest Admission Costs... *well fairly close I'm sure

Edited by Park Addict 93

7 hours ago, jjuttp said:

I like the stab at DW about not striking.

1 hour ago, franky said:

I feel like they've had that in the chamber for a while, back when leviathan was supposed to open near Taipans opening.

Yeah, I thought that was pretty childish. If it had launched around the same time, the two marquees going head to head, sure, it's a jab and saying you're better. But to dredge it up 12 months later, referencing something only enthusiasts probably remember - dude the ship has sailed. No GP viewing that video today is going to make the connection.

Are casual viewers going to misinterpret that "We don't strike, we rise above the rest" as some sort of commentary on union strikes?

image.thumb.png.0a76c8ee3bc8f47499d4930ae88f9bb8.png

The trains are cool, I quite like the touch of the glowing eyes and the clear coat that gives it that 'slimy sea monster' look.

I don't think there are many coasters with carving this intricate.

Edited by Gazza
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Gazza said:

Are casual viewers going to misinterpret that "We don't strike, we rise above the rest" as some sort of commentary on union strikes?

Yeah that's kinda what I meant. As I said - if they'd launched around the same time, the line works, it makes sense. 12 months later it's just sad, and nobody gets it (and most who do don't think it's "lol")

The train itself looks pretty cool.

8 minutes ago, Gazza said:

Given what is going on in Sydney relating to trains at the moment this would be an easy mistake.

The trains look good. Will leave it to in person to judge if they are the "WORLDS most stunning".

So let me get this straight, enthusiasts love it when Universal and Disney trade playful jabs in Twitter or whatever, but when Village does a silly throwaway line for like 30 people (read: us) it’s a hate crime?

Good looking train, and I really appreciate the efforts they’re taking to acknowledge things fans like us find interesting. 

Edited by Slick
  • Like 1
  • Love it! 1

22 minutes ago, Slick said:

So let me get this straight, enthusiasts love it when Universal and Disney trade playful jabs in Twitter or whatever, but when Village does a silly throwaway line for like 30 people (read: us) it’s a hate crime?

My take on this: Disney/Universal are two juggernauts in an massive market, they can each afford to throw shade at each other and it'll be like water off a ducks back. Here in Aus VRTP is the tall poppy at the moment, and DW is the down trodden poor cousin. You bully the underdog, and we'll grab our pitch forks.

It was just an unnecessary dig at a park that is still struggling to recover, yet somehow still got their ride open without an 18 month delay.

I think we all agree that the train looks good.

• Love it! 1

5 minutes ago, franky said:

DW is the down trodden poor cousin

You know, it’s like that for a reason that was caused by Dreamworld itself. Like, I can’t complain about having a limp if I cut my own leg off. 

I think the Taipan stans need to chill. It’s not bullying, they’re two theme parks - they’re an organisation that offers fun, they’re having fun and the enthusiasts are “getting their pitch forks out.“ 

• Gazza locked this topic