The New Atlantis - Construction Updates

1 hour ago, Slick said:

So let me get this straight, enthusiasts love it when Universal and Disney trade playful jabs in Twitter or whatever, but when Village does a silly throwaway line for like 30 people (read: us) it’s a hate crime?

Disney and Universal respond to each other within a space of hours or days. Not a year.

Just in case it wasn't clear:

1 hour ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

if they'd launched around the same time, the line works, it makes sense. 12 months later it's just sad, and nobody gets it

2 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

If it had launched around the same time, the two marquees going head to head, sure, it's a jab and saying you're better. But to dredge it up 12 months later, referencing something only enthusiasts probably remember - dude the ship has sailed.

The statue between Leviathan and Trident has now been finished. I will say it looks a lot different then i was expecting.

C915CF54-46B5-405E-9B77-469C5E8DE434.thumb.jpeg.08a1cdbd0cfcfee43a8e63efc78c4aab.jpeg

source: jaggsjourneysau

It looks like now all that needs to be finished is the queue building for Trident, once that’s done I'm sure we’ll see testing during normal park hours for both rides to smash out their remaining hours. It’s so shocking to see this area near completion after so long of waiting.

• Like 1

The detail and scale of these statues is very impressive and is a major jump in improvement from the first one we got for Vortex. And I do love each attraction got it’s own statue.

However, I don’t like the parks logo on the statue as it takes away from the immersive nature that these statues bring. And I hope they keep them clean because seagulls are going to enjoy sitting on the statues. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Rivals said:

The statue between Leviathan and Trident has now been finished. I will say it looks a lot different then i was expecting.

C915CF54-46B5-405E-9B77-469C5E8DE434.thumb.jpeg.08a1cdbd0cfcfee43a8e63efc78c4aab.jpeg

source: jaggsjourneysau

It looks like now all that needs to be finished is the queue building for Trident, once that’s done I'm sure we’ll see testing during normal park hours for both rides to smash out their remaining hours. It’s so shocking to see this area near completion after so long of waiting.

It would look better if the head was painted at least with the eyes and mouth, it’s abit bland completely silver/gray. The rest of the statue has great detail.

Edited by Rabbit2014

I said when it was announced that you can't really do immersive in that area. At nearly all times you'll be able to see the main entrance, back of the ski lake and the seal stadium/dockside. There will always be visual cues breaking the illusion reminding you you're at SW, and it's not really possible to design it in such a way that you won't get those intrusions. What they went for instead is very heavily themed and decorated. With that reality in mind; the logo is fine, it seems to me that people will most likley use it as a photo op of them at Sea World, and I think that's a totally fine thing. The face is weird, it's a little 'uncanny valley' for me. Be interested to see what it looks like in person.

11 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Hmm, don’t like that statue, can’t put my finger on it, just don’t like it .

Yeah, same. Design-wise it's impressive, and I'm sure it's very impressive in person... just not a fan of the style. Looks a bit like this:

1584686126_https__s3-images.ladbible.com_s3_content_9fd67dc75cb9520269a6782857407278.thumb.jpeg.01c296e30469df254210bcf831169fe8.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Baconjack said:

Good to see the graphics on the screens are to the standard of Scooby-Doo Next Generation!

Oh well, it’s still a night and day improvement from the Rivals shed. The rockwork looks nice but the screen cheapens it.

are we looking at the same thing? the screen and animation looks light years better then SDSC, the theming inside the entire queue for Leviathan is surprisingly immersive.

• Like 2

• Gazza locked this topic