Latest Nearmap images of the parks

rac2703

@mission Blue Lagoon was the water park within DW, which is what you see in that image, next to the BB studio. It was that volcano/mountain which had multiple slides.

@Cactus_Matt haha I thought you did mean that, but thought I'd post a close up anyways, as that is as good as are going to get. When BB was still around and the house opened to the public after the show  finished, you walked past this area, and could see the majority of it is still there they've just filled in the Pools. You could even use the toilets that were there, and there were still the shop/locker area there, just fenced up.

On 05/04/2017 at 8:06 AM, themagician said:

That ampitheatre has been used quite a bit since Big Brother and quite recently. but to my knowledge, not since the accident.

Yeah, they were also using it for their employment group interviews prior to the accident. The location changed to the Madagascar auditorium after that. 

On 05/04/2017 at 8:06 AM, themagician said:

But Blue Lagoon definitely needs to go, so much land there that could be used so much better.

Aww, but I'm sure staff currently love the convenience of their Blue Lagoon carpark! Saves them having to walk all the way from the main one on other side of the park lol 😛

Yeah, I totally agree. What bugs me as well is that the train still laps around that area, giving guests a perfect view of... an impressively long white wooden fence 😮 

So much wasted opportunity there, not just with a nice big space for development, but also providing the train passengers with a better sceneric experience for the second half of their trip, along with a means of direct transport to/from it since all they need do is add a new stop. 

• 6 months later...

Does a central repository exist of all the theme park satellite images that have been compiled over the years, or are they all located within different threads? 

Going forward, along with posting them during relavent discussion, it would be great to see these aerial images posted in a central thread (e.g. this thread) or an album. 

On 27/10/2017 at 7:05 PM, cheski said:

Does a central repository exist of all the theme park satellite images that have been compiled over the years, or are they all located within different threads? 

Going forward, along with posting them during relavent discussion, it would be great to see these aerial images posted in a central thread (e.g. this thread) or an album. 

This is one of those moments where i'm bored enough to consider doing it, but i'm not bored enough to actually do it.

Here is a wide range of updates for all those who keep asking (Just focusing on new elements of parks)

AW - Goliath (Augst 13)

59f538dce851b_ScreenShot2017-10-29at12_11_10pm.thumb.png.5de87d39ff75a1d5b0fd255908d53874.png

Funfields (October 15)

59f539548a8cc_ScreenShot2017-10-29at12_13_14pm.thumb.png.41554af9346b5563ff0f43ab29c76631.png

Gumbuya World (October 10)

59f539b376f86_ScreenShot2017-10-29at12_14_39pm.thumb.png.dbe8e69cfc3a38eeb9419596bbed6443.png

59f539b4e2f18_ScreenShot2017-10-29at12_14_51pm.png.771817699872f1a22ea91cbc43554b8a.png

DW - Havent focused on anything specifically because no visible changes (September 16)

59f53a0fbbf24_ScreenShot2017-10-29at12_16_10pm.thumb.png.43faf9a6def630d6b947d3abe0c363cf.png

MW - DC Rivals (August 28)

59f53a34806f8_ScreenShot2017-10-29at12_17_02pm.thumb.png.fd169b72c355d0e0d3c1d1657b21677d.png

Top Golf (August 28)

59f53a7a56d15_ScreenShot2017-10-29at12_18_09pm.thumb.png.88cf3018b82b64622f930fd2cd38f6be.png

SW - Castaway Reef (August 28)

59f53acbb9480_ScreenShot2017-10-29at12_19_15pm.thumb.png.a4b4104476ec77b7ae1937d86a7bea8f.png

• Like 4

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That northern waterway does connect to the main lake. They installed a large pipe connecting the two, and installed a concrete bridge over. And I’d say they kept it, so they could clearly seperate the two areas of land.

I wonder if that strip of land between the water and Nickelodeon Land was left clear they can expand the kids area too in the future.

2 minutes ago, themagician said:

That northern waterway does connect to the main lake. They installed a large pipe connecting the two, and installed a concrete bridge over. And I’d say they kept it, so they could clearly seperate the two areas of land.

I wonder if that strip of land between the water and Nickelodeon Land was left clear they can expand the kids area too in the future.

But that's it - if you're so short on space, why do you need a giant waterway that serves no purpose if all you're going to do is circumnavigate any use of it (see Jet Rescue's pathway under the bridge) and not use it as a way to create some fun or distinction (see the un-used bridge) when realistically you could just chuck up some trees and call it a day if all you want is separation?

Still doesn't make sense to me.

9 hours ago, Roachie said:

But that's it - if you're so short on space, why do you need a giant waterway that serves no purpose if all you're going to do is circumnavigate any use of it (see Jet Rescue's pathway under the bridge) and not use it as a way to create some fun or distinction (see the un-used bridge) when realistically you could just chuck up some trees and call it a day if all you want is separation?

Still doesn't make sense to me.

I am not an engineer but my best guess is either for rainwater drainage from the land around (and north) of it, or they have an exciting new Mosquito Breeding exhibit planned for 2019.

• 1 year later...