Doomsday Destroyer - 2016 Movie World construction

On 04/06/2016 at 10:55 PM, reanimated35 said:

Why would it even need to drop down? Could just be fixed cement. 

Consider the shape of the seat gondola and the floor.

Both  are a shallow V shape that nest into each other to allow guests to board comfortably without the use of a stepladder.

So the gondola is a "straight" object , but moves in an arc, so the arc the end seats follow is offset to the ones in the middle.

The net effect is a bit like the way the back end of a truck or  bus "swings out" when making a tight turn, and can  strike cars/cyclists who  ignore the "Do not overtake turning vehicle" signs.

Basically as the ride begins to swing the end  seats would strike the platform and the middle ones would get dangerously close.

Screenshot_20160609-124941.png

42 minutes ago, themagician said:

I doubt they'll try and hide the ride from view, particularly with the heights it will reach. But i do hope they cover up the back of the facade/framing they are installing.

WWF is down for an extend maintanence so maybe they will theme the back of those facades to the Wild West.

55 minutes ago, Gazza said:

Consider the shape of the seat gondola and the floor.

Both  are a shallow V shape that nest into each other to allow guests to board comfortably without the use of a stepladder.

So the gondola is a "straight" object , but moves in an arc, so the arc the end seats follow is offset to the ones in the middle.

The net effect is a bit like the way the back end of a truck or  bus "swings out" when making a tight turn, and can  strike cars/cyclists who  ignore the "Do not overtake turning vehicle" signs.

Basically as the ride begins to swing the end  seats would strike the platform and the middle ones would get dangerously close.

Screenshot_20160609-124941.png

Very true, and good to see you back, you've been quiet lately. 

25 minutes ago, The_Ninja_59 said:

my head hurts image.png

Whoops! Sorry Ninja. The forum is not cooperating with me again. Just tilt your head sideways, you'll be right ???

2 hours ago, xRazzBerryx said:

It would be great to see something like this, but obviously themed to Doomsday or a villain. Something to make the area come alive and interactive. 

I can all but confirm that as mentioned earlier on in discussion, the area will feature special new wristbands which kids can use to interact with their surroundings in the DC Super-Villians area and make things happen.

I'm not 100% sure about some of the other rumours we've been told lately, but I am almost certain that one is definitely true! I'd put money on it ?

4 hours ago, UpperCoomera said:

Thanks for all the great pics and info Theme Park Girl! Absolutely tremendous. Can't wait to ride DD! 

You're more than welcome! I can't wait either ???

• Richard featured and unfeatured this topic