Doomsday Destroyer - 2016 Movie World construction

2 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

The line would be illustrating a utility (water, gas, electricity)

it wouldn't be a development boundary given its on the wrong side of the roof support. The building either goes or stays haha

@Brad2912  The post can be moved.

It's ok,  MW have already moved the post.

Post.thumb.jpg.18ff7ca44c63290039530815c

:D

Edited by skeetafly

6 hours ago, Zanstabar said:

Was just at the park and there's not all that much to note. Demolition is still going along, and it appears that the park will be utilising the area between the Show Stage and Arkham, as the have demolished some buildings to make a small opening. 

On a weird side note, anyone know how often that Sea World Helicopters will land in the Movie World car park? There seemed to be some business people in the helicopter, but whether it's related to the new additions is beyond me. Maybe it's the heads of the company?

Google maps shows a road in behind the facade between SDSC and the show stage. Probably for the truck removing the demolished buildings to access the area?

Calling it a landing pad is a bit of an exaggeration, given its really just half a wind sock, but it's there.  I think when you create a theme park company one of the perks is you get to fly the company helicopters from property to property when you're the chairman of the company and the traffic is bad.  More power to him I say.

At least now they have the option to re-theme the area to something completely different. The western/boot hill theming was great to start with when the park opened, but became overkill when they added WWF and thus even more Western theming later down the track. All that really needs to be kept that way now is the eatery and the walkway down to WWF.

Just hope it's not more bloody DC theming that replaces it LOL... I will cry if it is ?

9 minutes ago, OceanGirl said:

At least now they have the option to re-theme the area to something completely different. The western/boot hill theming was great to start with when the park opened, but became overkill when they added WWF and thus even more Western theming later down the track. All that really needs to be kept that way now is the eatery and the walkway down to WWF.

Just hope it's not more bloody DC theming that replaces it LOL... I will cry if it is ?

Surely MW would not do that to us.  I do here a lot of negative feedback from adults in the park but the kids seem to love it.

Given DC is only just beginning their cinematic universe of films, it will only become more & more popular. I'd happily see another DC ride open on the old Lethal forecourt or if they went ahead with Doomsday in the SE footprint. I don't think however, they should be putting a DC property in this newly cleared area. A new themed area would be ideal

1 hour ago, Brad2912 said:
23 hours ago, Glubbo said:

Google maps shows a road in behind the facade between SDSC and the show stage. Probably for the truck removing the demolished buildings to access the area?

Just taken. All buildings to the left of the walkway alongside the Scooby building now gone

[snip]

image.thumb.jpeg.e341faef0e53c2ac4ad55bc

Looks like the road between SDSC and show stage allows the trucks to enter/exit via the main studios gates. This allows uninterrupted access to the site during park hours, unlike a site contained within the park making heavy vehicle access out of park hours only.

Therefore I'd expect a fairly short work timeline for whatever attraction actually goes in here. This is of course depending on whether the show stage stays or goes.

Edited by Glubbo
wrong pic kept

Well you could hope for multiple flats, you could get 2 or 3 in that space, or given for the most part it's previously been a ghost town with nothing to offer, I wouldn't be half surprised to see a single flat just plonked in the middle of the land with some theming around and room for something else 'in the future' 

1 hour ago, reanimated35 said:

Out of interest, does anyone know why they are using Logan City Demolition crews? Nothing against them obviously, I just thought there'd be some more local ones they would have used.

GCDEMO.thumb.png.6cd1dce2d80af1a7b953654

After a quick Google search I would say they are "local". Probably also comes down to the equipment required, and as said, availability. They seem to do quite a bit of work for all the GC themeparks.

Edited by rac2703

• Richard featured and unfeatured this topic