Mark Shaw

Gumbaya World, the New Kid on the block!

110 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, joz said:

Great to hear mate!  Looks like a reasonable sized block of land there, looking forward to finding out more

That's a fraction of it! 

Wow brilliant news!!! So many good things to look forward to in the theme park industry in Australia at the moment- and the majority of the parks are stepping up their game!! This is the cream on the cake and has really flown under the radar!!  Given the developments on the Gold Coast, the new plans and attractions for Aussie World, the $20 million dollar investment in LPS, the continuing expansion of Jamberoo, the new attractions at Funfields and Adventure Park, MI3 at Adventure World, plus now this its a great time to be an amusement park lover! Looking forward to hearing more news and info as it comes to light!

But seriously, this is pretty damn exciting, hopefully this is nearby to where I live not just so I can visit often but maybe get a change in work life! Working in retail for 13 years is starting to grate on the soul...

On 25/05/2017 at 3:56 PM, Mark Shaw said:

There is going to be a new kid on the block, opening around Mid November.  Great to be involved. 

unnamed (1).jpg

unnamed.jpg

You have a nasty habit of turning little parks into great national parks...

...please keep it up.

I'm secretly (selfishly) hoping this is on or near the Mornington Peninsula, or at least on the East side as that's where I live. And the 1hr 15mins clue lines up with that too. *fingers crossed*

Very exciting news! As a melbournian I am elated to see a new player emerge. More competition in Vic will only see the betterment of the other parks here. Along with the new additions at both Funfields and Adventure Park - loads of new stuff to try this summer season in victoria. 

@Mark Shaw Is there a possibility that the Mammoth Plunge water slide from Seaworld will be making it's way to this new home in Victoria??

Sounds like a perfect match for Mark, if it is Adventure Park.  Found this interesting little history on the place.  The ethos certainly matches: 'We wanted to transition to become more than a water park, we wanted to become a theme park.'

http://www.victorianchamber.com.au/sites/default/files/page/documents/vtc14-extraordinaryentrepreneurs.pdf

Adventure Park.jpg

Hi all, looooong time lurker, first time poster!!

This sounds exciting.. is this a new park, or expansion of an existing park in Victoria?

Will be following the progress of this closely. As a Melbournite, we need more of these parks and attractions in this part of the world!!