DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

8 minutes ago, pushbutton said:

So what day do we all think it will open? My guess is Monday. Fewer people (compared to weekend) for a slightly easier soft opening. Also gives them till then to finish up the last few bits of landscaping, site clean-up etc.

I'm thinking either Sunday or Tuesday at the moment. Gives them two days to pack everything up and make final touches. I don't think it would be Monday because there probably won't be that much work done on Sunday. If they don't finish everything on Saturday it's possible they take a day off on Sunday and finish up on Monday. Who knows, maybe they're actually on track for an opening tomorrow.

• Like 2

To me it still feels like they are aiming for a soft opening tomorrow 🤔 The reason I think it will soft open tomorrow is because they have just worked all through the night to get the joker head up. 

If the plans was to soft open on Saturday, you would think that yesterday they made the decision to stay on site & wait for the best time to lift it up, rather than risk it & try to do it today. 

The only other reason why I think they lifted it up last night was because they only had the cranes booked in to use it on Thursday & they had to be somewhere else by today. 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, xRazzBerryx said:

The reason I think it will soft open tomorrow is because they have just worked all through the night to get the joker head up

Got any idea how much one of those cranes cost to keep on site?

Plus as you said, booking them from X date till X date quite likely already had an extra day or two for weather situations like yesterday.

6 minutes ago, djrappa said:

It would most certainly be due to crane cost...  and you'd be looking at a hell of a lot more than $3000 a day let alone a week for a crane that size. Maybe. Get your x10 tables out. 

MASSIVE cost

+1

The budget for that installation would have to be been a set price, with the contractor taking the gamble on the weather. The crane cost would have probably blown away any profits had they kept it an extra day. Overtime would have been considerably cheaper. 

It probably formed part of the contract for the entire installation, but each part needs to make money of course.

• Like 2

• joz locked this topic