Arkham Asylum: Shock Therapy (Lethal Weapon Retheme)

ads086

Actually I have just changed my own mind/opinion Those shadows are Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman.

I agree... Well she does have a show, that catchs the bad guys from the bank? I dont think the simulators will be back. What about a small flat ride or laser skirimish? EDIT: Just a thought. Edited by Randy23

Hello Parkz people! This is my first post, I've been reading this forum for a while and finally decided to register :) On topic, even though Its probably not possible in the time MW has said the attractions would open, I would love to see an indoor Arkham Asylum coaster as the replacement of BATR.

http://tinyurl.com/6re7uy7 Looks like Superman, Batman and Wonderwoman to me. My post from many months ago is looking more and more like a possibility... "The wife and I were talking and with the Justice League Movie in the works, why would they not rip out the batcave and make the JLHQ and we have to help them save the world from some catastrophe by getting into special pods? This would completely revamp the BMTR2 area both inside and out, give a new attraction using the current setup with some modifications? Especially since we have a Batman, Superman and now Green Lantern ride and the new DC Universe store all in that area? Either way my money is on another superhero theme." - September 28, 2011

Edited by Wyncenuros

Hello Parkz people! This is my first post, I've been reading this forum for a while and finally decided to register :) On topic, even though Its probably not possible in the time MW has said the attractions would open, I would love to see an indoor Arkham Asylum coaster as the replacement of BATR.

Welcome No chance though re: dark coaster in BATR space Arkham is the LW replacement

Wait, wait, wait, who assumed it was a dark ride. Its impossible for them to build a dark ride in only a few months. Unless its a very poor attempt at one.

It says spring 2012 which sets the opening around September. That gives 7 months. I could see a dark ride being built in that time. My guess would be a Justice League-themed Sally Corp Interactive Dark Ride. Arkham Asylum is obviously going to be Lethal Weapon's replacement based purely upon this. Looney Tunes River Ride's replacement probably won't be announced until March/April 2013. That is when Village plan to announce a "significant capital investment". I'm expecting Bermuda to be replaced at around the same time.

The simulators were sold off to a gentleman and taken on the back of a truck on the 8th of feb... they are long gone. I have been told what to expect to replace the Batman ride. I don't know how they are doing it or what its themed too exactly but just think Disney's "Toy Story" & "Buzz Light Year".... Which side will you be on?

It says spring 2012 which sets the opening around September. That gives 7 months. I could see a dark ride being built in that time. My guess would be a Justice League-themed Sally Corp Interactive Dark Ride. Arkham Asylum is obviously going to be Lethal Weapon's replacement based purely upon this. Looney Tunes River Ride's replacement probably won't be announced until March/April 2013. That is when Village plan to announce a "significant capital investment". I'm expecting Bermuda to be replaced at around the same time.

For the type of dark ride people want it will take at least a year to put some solid effort into it. It may be quick to do it if they choose to only do screens but even still look at other dark ride projects around the world even when they do have existing foundations they take almost a year just to do. Where as at MW all they have is a building that needs to be half demolished.

The simulators were sold off to a gentleman and taken on the back of a truck on the 8th of feb... they are long gone. I have been told what to expect to replace the Batman ride. I don't know how they are doing it or what its themed too exactly but just think Disney's "Toy Story" & "Buzz Light Year".... Which side will you be on?

Matt, I think we would all like to know who this person is that your getting all this information from? I would certainly like to know!

Looney Tunes River Ride's replacement probably won't be announced until March/April 2013. That is when Village plan to announce a "significant capital investment". I'm expecting Bermuda to be replaced at around the same time.

I hope this will be some kind of high tech dark ride. Or two. Edited by mba2012

looking at it I think it is Wonder Woman, Superman and Batman in the photo as a teaser for a DC Comics Justice League themed ride replacing the Batman simulator. I'm also thinking if Matt is right in hinting it being similar to Buzz and Toy Story we are going to see a shooting style dark ride and my guess is we could see it form Sally Corp which are excellent at these rides and at IAAPA said they were working with a major park to bring a major brand into one of their rides and would open around Christmas time. All that info seems to fit perfectly with the pieces I'm putting together; because what park builds a major ride and opens it at Christmas anywhere else in the world? They are all usually in the middle of winter, and there is no doubt that the DC brand is a major brand.

I agree with you rac that they usually would open it for holidays for the better up front return on their investment, but saying Spring gives them a 3 month window in case something goes wrong or if they simply are not sure exactly how long it is going to take. Just because they have done something in the past doesn't mean that they will continue to do it in the future.

I am so excited for this, good on you MW. Just a few weeks ago I was thinking to myself how disappointing it is that there are currently so little attractions, but for some reason seeing this early advertising and marketing for the two rides... I really could not care, I just want to see what they do with these two new attractions!!!!!

I just want to say i like the fact that Movie World now has started to use seasons as opening dates like the US parks when it comes to new attractions it gives the park a much larger window to meet the demands and doesn't cut them short. Green Lantern great example was spending many days up to the christmas lead up telling guests that the attraction wouldn't be opening today. My opinion very wise move.

Do we know for certain the trains will be KumbaK? I remember someone said the "KumbaK train" in the pic posted here was actually just normal spare parts train? I'd say its more likely Lethal Weapon will get the new Vekoma SLC trains which Ive heard good things about. KumbaK trains are ugly and uncomfortable so I hope they go for vekoma (I can't believe I just said that)

I was there today, there has been nothing new done to china town since last photos as well as the new lethal weaspons signs since haven't been pulled down so it's looking like they are running out of time also a ride ops who used to run lethal said the rumor is just the new trains will have a harness like green lantern so with nothing on your shoulders do it might explain the higher thrill rating