Arkham Asylum: Shock Therapy (Lethal Weapon Retheme)

ads086

My personal hunch (purely speculation), is that they will re-theme Lethal Weapon to Batman / Dark Knight Rises, and the BMATR2 building might become a more generic Justice League themed simulator or interactive shooter style dark ride to tie the whole DC area together. That's just my guess though...

PLEASE not another DC comics theme, we already have what? 4 rides themed to DC in MW. we don't need a fifth unless they want to start calling it DC Comics World

disagree, i see a lot of merit in re-theming the front of the park as 'DC World' - providing they also invest in some more attractions/rides in Wild West etc to even it out attractions wise

If you did re theme Lethal Weapon as a DC Comics theme what would they turn the China town into. It would bring people back into that part of the park. Also all you guys seem to be complaining about the lack of ways to walk between attractions and parts of the park. A DC Comics re theme would open up the way between LW and SE and more people would take that way reducing the strain on Main Street. Just my input.

If you did re theme Lethal Weapon as a DC Comics theme what would they turn the China town into. It would bring people back into that part of the park. Also all you guys seem to be complaining about the lack of ways to walk between attractions and parts of the park. A DC Comics re theme would open up the way between LW and SE and more people would take that way reducing the strain on Main Street. Just my input.

Why would they want to reduce the strain on mainstreet? That's where most of the shops in the park are... The more visitors through there the better

If you did re theme Lethal Weapon as a DC Comics theme what would they turn the China town into. I

That could be part of it too, from the point where the Scooby shortcut is. So its basically Gotham City Cafe and the City Hall forms one end of the area (Perfect because it already is pre themed). Stretches through, past lethal and out to Superman and GL/BW. A big long path of DC basically. Part of Chinatown would be re-themd to be not Chinatown, but just generic comic book city buildings. post-88-0-60142600-1325765121_thumb.jpg

If it were up to me: You would load Lethal from the opposite side to where it is now. It wouldn't be overly difficult to build a ramp up from ground level cutting underneath the corner between station and block brakes. Unload is where load currently is, and have the exit be out the side where the current emergency exit pathway is. I would (depending on what ends up in Batman), have it enter from behind the low sweeping curve of Superman, and exit where the current entry is. This would then give you all of Chinatown to turn into something else, should you wish. If you knock out the old photo shop then you can open out into the area behind Scooby and the Show Stage. I would re-theme the area outside Scooby's exit - it doesn't fit into the western theme, it's just kinda ghost town, and doesn't seem to fit into anything. I'd be getting rid of the middle-of-the-path cemetery, and taking cues from the Intencity, build something more Circus like - rebuild the Show Stage into something with a high enough ceiling you could put trapeze artists and magicians in.

Thats a point. But it might be good to get more people through that area as it seems very quiet and Movie World would have to give the area some love.

I agree, I don't think it's a situation where they want less people in main street and more in other areas, more so they want just as many people travelling through main street but then also for people to have a reason to go into other not so popular areas of the park.

I am quite concerned about the Kumbak trains to be honest... especially considering that Python at Efteling got the same trains as Sea Viper did and just over 5 years later removed them for the new Vekoma trains based on comfort... Not to mention how uncomfortable Sea Viper has become with the new trains... I've heard nothing but praise from the new Vekoma trains (inverted and standard) and I really do wish that Movie World had gone with their trains instead of the Kumbak ones...

I think we should wait and see before judging the decision. I am also of the opinion that 'old' western town is on borrowed time. Get rid of boot hill and put in a flat ride, then put something new into show stage all with a new common theme. The 'new' western town leading to wwf is more than enough

I am also of the opinion that 'old' western town is on borrowed time. Get rid of boot hill and put in a flat ride, then put something new into show stage all with a new common theme. The 'new' western town leading to wwf is more than enough

I'd be sad to see Boot Hill go - it's a nice little side feature and I always loved it as a kid. Although the last time I went it was in need of maintenance/upkeep. Also, don't you think it would be better to see the showstage removed and a new ride put into this area (eg. wooden rollercoaster)? Especially considering MW's apparent space restrictions

I'd love a wooden coaster in the Wild West section, but unfortunately they have strict sound limitations in that section. Maybe an intamin woodie would be much quieter? Also, the General Public seem convinced that movieworld is becoming overrun with coasters (cause 5 is a hell of a lot of coasters!)

I think we should wait and see before judging the decision. I am also of the opinion that 'old' western town is on borrowed time. Get rid of boot hill and put in a flat ride, then put something new into show stage all with a new common theme. The 'new' western town leading to wwf is more than enough

I totally agree there, the show stage needs something new put into it... such a great space sitting there doing nothing...

I'd love a wooden coaster in the Wild West section, but unfortunately they have strict sound limitations in that section. Maybe an intamin woodie would be much quieter? Also, the General Public seem convinced that movieworld is becoming overrun with coasters (cause 5 is a hell of a lot of coasters!)

That's a real shame isn't it. I can't understand these sound restrictions especially when I look at Google Maps and the nearest residents are not exactly squashed up against the park. There is a fair distance to the houses and there also appears to be lots of trees in between. Anyway, if this is the case, I guess Movie World will have to focus on indoor rides in this area. Fine with me! More dark rides please MW!