mba2012

Movie World new ride: JUSTICE LEAGUE: Alien Invasion 3D.

779 posts in this topic

It was a good idea that they are holding the Janoskians meet and greet at Movie World on the 23rd as they will make alot more money from the amount of people that will show up on the day, being the first day of the holidays and all. Also, their Sydney meet and greet got over 9000 visitors!

Would the pictures be of the actual ride track, or just the queue?? Because if the queue is placed indoors it will take up a chunk of the buildings already small footprint.

If you have a look on a satellite image you can see that there is almost a separate building for the queue. That building is just against the big warehouse of which contains the ride. So far it looks like MW are putting in their best effort this time. Hopefully the ride is as good as the queue looks like it is going to be. Also has any work been done on the outside of the building yet or does it look like they are going to leave it, as is.

Update from mw Facebook that there will be some new info on the ride in gold coast bulletin tomorrow. Great pics. thanks for sharing

Edited by aussienetman

It was my high school that got to go behind the scenes for Sea World and Movie World. So depressing when you hear about this after they had gone. It was all free too you just had to write a review.

<div>

Because it looks suspiciously alot like the ride entrence to a Shooting Pod ride from what I remember.

</div> <div>How do you mean? What <em>defines</em> how the entrance to a shooting pod ride looks? I've seen these with themes from Haunted Houses to Temples to Space Age themes.</div>

I'm voting track - this is definitely park of the ride track itself - look at the image that shows the cornering - theres no need to introduce that wide a space for turning for a pedestrian queue. I have no proof - but i'll put money on that being part of the actual ride-path.

^ The Wiggles ride at DW, while it isn't a shooter and if memory serves me right has no track?? I think from that photo it is part of the ride and I can see where in those rectangular sort of slots there would be projection screens for you to shoot at.

I'm not, simply because I don't believe there's ever been one of those LPS systems with a 3D screen attached to the front of the pod, and also that article he linked to mentioned how rare the ride system still is. Which means that for it to occur, Warner Bros would have to spend shitloads of cash developing a new version of the ride system that would incorporate 3D screens.

I will tell you 100% the 3D screen will not be fixed to the ride vehicle. Plus why would they need to spend money on making it so that it can support 3D screens the ride just needs to start and stop.

Stats from todays GC Bulletin - Manufacturer: Sally Corp. Cost: $9 million Track length: 200m including 8 3-D screens, 16 animatronic characters and 20 themed cars. Points will be displayed on the cars and on a leader board at the end of the ride. The highest possible score is 350,00, achieved by destroying all 250 aliens.

I also think that the pictures shown are of the "Track" not the queue, the paths are too wide to be wasted on a queue. I think the ride will be based inside the Justice League headquarters with the cars travelling around the outer halls - with the 3D screens being used to simulate windows. So we as riders will shoot the approaching aliens through the "Windows".

It looks like it will be trackless like the Big Red Car, Because wouldn't you need a wider space if it was track? If it is Trackless im sure it will break down here and there, Big Red Car has a few E-stops during the day because it is all sensors. Just IMO.

It looks like it will be trackless like the Big Red Car, Because wouldn't you need a wider space if it was track? If it is Trackless im sure it will break down here and there, Big Red Car has a few E-stops during the day because it is all sensors. Just IMO.

Or there could be just a single rail like the T-Fords....

Please...for the love of GOD do not compare this ride to Big Red Car lol...beyond off putting. I hope it'll be a proper track and not trackless. Trackless is less exciting.

Looks like as many people guessed from the IAPAA interview with Sally Corp. that they were going to be building a dark ride. Including me :) My question now with those stats realised what will capacity be? Has it been realeased? Regards to track I could see it running on some sort of single rail.