Doomsday Destroyer - 2016 Movie World construction

I thought it was covered pretty well in the article. RCDB don't post things they don't know to be true, while speculation on a forum is just that and to be interpreted accordingly. The article I wrote was a mix of what we know to be true, plus a roundup and elaboration of speculation that's out there. I'd like to think it was written well and we're respected enough that we're not contributing to the idle gossip like most of the hyperbole-laden coverage that has appeared since the construction fences appeared.

I don't mind if they cost a bit. As I've said before I'd happily pay more for my annual pass to help them recoup the costs of great new rides!

To me, a theme park ride is one that is:

- Very well themed (obviously)

- Uses a combination of special effects, live actors, animatronics, and optical illusions to make you believe (in so far as is possible) that you are actually involved in a fantastical story of some sort whilst in the attraction (note I didn't say ride, as it doesn't necessarily have to involve the guest being transported in order to be a great attraction).

Its definitely not a family coaster if it says on RCDB its 'Extreme', right? Has to be something bigger and more intense than that.

For some reason I've always thought a wing rider coaster or a dive coaster would be a big drawing card. In the GP's eyes it would look insane to them. I haven't ridden either but I've heard that they aren't as intense as they look.

55 minutes ago, xRazzBerryx said:

Its definitely not a family coaster if it says on RCDB its 'Extreme', right? Has to be something bigger and more intense than that.

For some reason I've always thought a wing rider coaster or a dive coaster would be a big drawing card. In the GP's eyes it would look insane to them. I haven't ridden either but I've heard that they aren't as intense as they look.

Why don't you read all the bad comment about Cedar Point for putting in their Dive Coaster Valravn. There are tones of comments saying it looks so tame and a shitty design and so on…. Even reading TPR thread on Cedar Point has had a lot of negative complaints for them putting in a dive coaster. Yet I see nothing wrong with it. I hate that people complain about having 4 B&M's in ONE PARK! Yet in Australia we can't even get one.

6 hours ago, xRazzBerryx said:

Hmmm.. Maybe Hyper is an account made by Movie World which has been used to tell us in code what the ride will be ;) I see.. I see. hahahaha 

Ha! I am most certainly not a movie world employee or a clue, I’m just a person like you that loves theme parks!

Personally for the parks sake I would like a something on the WWF/Scooby end of the spectrum. High capacity, mild thrills, immersive experience with a mixture of indoor and outdoor sections. Something to fill the void of an attraction that would be palatable to a wide audience of thrill tolerances.

But on the other end I would love an expanded western area with a woodie but that’s just me compensating for the lack of Dollywood in Australia, I’m a sucker for country western themed anything!

2 hours ago, grrofunger said:

what a massive letdown that would be

Hopefully, you'd have better theming a'la Big Thunder Mountain, but yeah, I'd prefer something that would fit in the park and that you'd be able to re-ride. 

So if we're getting some kind of mega/giga coaster we're looking at footings or foundation and it's going to go over the park, like Hollywood Dream, the ride?

1 hour ago, Brad2912 said:
1 hour ago, Brad2912 said:

Well we may now have some certainty about what the building demolition works were for...

Well we may now have some certainty about what the building demolition works were for...

Looks that way.  @djrappa I wonder if this goes with your timeline on when we would see some action.

4 hours ago, themagician said:

At MW now. Plants are starting to be removed (2 workman are doing this at the moment). There is a forklift and about a dozen workman who were standing outside the show stage, have just entered it. All doors are open to the show stage.

have you taken any pictures of any chance? 

16 hours ago, pin142 said:

No reason the coaster can't be a RMC, they do both wood and steel coasters.

If RCDB's current descriptors of the ride as correct, then I wouldn't completely rule out an RMC. Wicked Cyclone, as with this yet-to-be-named coaster, is listed as being Steel, Sit-Down and Extreme. This could very well happen if this Mack rumour isn't correct.

4 hours ago, themagician said:

At MW now. Plants are starting to be removed (2 workman are doing this at the moment). There is a forklift and about a dozen workman who were standing outside the show stage, have just entered it. All doors are open to the show stage.

Out of curiosity, do you think we'll see the facades and maybe Boot Hill stay? Or are these demolition works appearing to include all of that sub-Western area?

So can we pretty safely assume that this is the area the rollercoaster will be in? Or do you think the area will be greater or smaller? Obviously hard to tell given how little we know about it so far but considering how much is packed into AA and its on a smaller footprint I think we could certainly get something decent in this space!

Screen Shot 2016-02-01 at 3.31.47 PM.png

• Richard featured and unfeatured this topic