Sign in to follow this  
Parkz News

The New Atlantis: New concept art for Vortex released, Trident delayed

25 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, MickeyD said:

Thanks as always Parkz! I didn't know Funtime were building Trident? 

Forgive my ignorance but I don't associate this company with more permanent rides that push boundaries on Height, conditions, etc.

Well it's almost as if Six Flags has bought a Star Flyer for nearly all of their parks at this point. They have a more than proven track record with permanent rides at this point. It surprises me that so long has passed until they get a local customer for a Star Flyer.

My take is the ride has been turned around to face the lagoon now and the new wall in the rendering is a sound barrier to reduce the impact the the dolphins.

I do think the queue should wind past both the dolphins and also inside the wall so you can view both the dolphins and the ride.

and get a decent flume ride too...for a WATER focused park....bring back Vikings Revenge and dolphin strollers....and...and well...just bring 'em back! 😎

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Boyden Hingston-Muir said:

I don't think Vikings Revenge can be bought back! 

I’ve heard after the Dw accident it was thought to be in bad taste to fix and reopen it. Not sure how exactly other then being water it’s at all like a rapids ride tho 🤷‍♂️
it is a pretty bad eye sore now 

Just now, colonelbmx said:

I’ve heard after the Dw accident it was thought to be in bad taste to fix and reopen it. Not sure how exactly other then being water it’s at all like a rapids ride tho 🤷‍♂️
it is a pretty bad eye sore now 

Less about bad taste, more about insurance. Vikings Revenge was constructed in house, just like TRR. I imagine insurance would have gone sky-high. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Thrill Seeker said:

From the manufacturer of our new woodie, a concept train is on show at IAAPA. Could it be our new trains??? 

P.s photos are not mine

17DEF0EF-B6B8-4083-9FAC-67221640895B.thumb.jpeg.cc648a2ff151f95dc3ded1d12f440540.jpeg517D36C4-98A2-451B-8731-960AA00F14BE.thumb.jpeg.c23822aa3d8aa48eb7f1d853335ceb8e.jpeg

download.png.b7bc71d19cfaf8299f8450466d536ee1.png

That is one ugly lead car.  The scale to the train is just a whole lot of wrong.

Edited by Skeeta
  • Like 1

Wow.. not sure what to think. It just looks so.... Busy? + the scale of it all seems a little odd.. unless the theme is meant to be something like Gulliver's Travels and we're all supposed to be Giants riding a mini Galleon?!?

I hope the restraints are more comfortable than Buzzsaw because they look kind of similar and I detest that ride for that one reason.

• Like 1

On 20/11/2019 at 10:32 PM, MickeyD said:

I hope the restraints are more comfortable than Buzzsaw because they look kind of similar and I detest that ride for that one reason.

Don't worry, Timberliners are definitely a more pleasant ride than Maurer's terrible trains.

• Like 2

Wow they tried really hard with that zero car, but I'm not loving it. Surely it's ours right considering the theme. I saw it on Shauns FB and instantly thought Leviathan. 

Also, I can't believe they are still expecting a December opening for Vortex, definitely trying to get those annual pass sales with holidays right around the corner.

1 minute ago, ejpdtd said:

Surely it's ours right considering the theme. I saw it on Shauns FB and instantly thought Leviathan. 

If it's Leviathan wouldn't it be themed like a serpent not a ship?

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Gazza said:

If it's Leviathan wouldn't it be themed like a serpent not a ship?

I mean you're not wrong, but Leviathan is the only project the Gravity Group currently have announced. So I think we can be pretty certain they wouldn't have designed the zero car just for IAAPA, and not deliver it for a project.

Edit: only project AFAIK

Edited by ejpdtd
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, ejpdtd said:

So I think we can be pretty certain they wouldn't have designed the zero car just for IAAPA

How is that certain?

There's been plenty of demo cars over the years that only appeared at IAPPA.

Related image

Image result for timberliner train iaapa

Image result for timberliner train iaapa

Edited by Gazza

2 hours ago, ejpdtd said:

Wow they tried really hard with that zero car, but I'm not loving it. Surely it's ours right considering the theme. I saw it on Shauns FB and instantly thought Leviathan. 

Also, I can't believe they are still expecting a December opening for Vortex, definitely trying to get those annual pass sales with holidays right around the corner.

This is better themed to a Pirate themed ride. Leviathan to me evokes a Sea Serpent / Kraken type of theme.

• Like 1

You're right.

I certainly can't visualise that perhaps the serpent\kraken\leviathan\creature could be the track itself, with the car a ship\boat carrying passengers through treacherous waters suddenly being attacked by the creature...

A ship shaped train has no place on a ride themed to a sea serpent

image.thumb.png.3f1a86b6a87ce19004ecaef8357ed735.png

or a kraken

image.thumb.png.83a762b1a788f95b0c1349e7edc2555f.png

Or a leviathan

image.thumb.png.22a72373ebabcd35d076a93e10fc3a2c.png

(these are all the first image results on google for 'sea serpent attack' 'kraken attack' and 'leviathan attack')

• Like 3
  • Haha 1