Dreamworld announces Wave Swinger, Dreamland (DreamWorks retheme) and new coasters

Ashley Jeffery

14 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Tbh I think a modern toddler has more interest in BiP and Wiggles than Shrek, properties which remain relevant rather than being stooped in their parents nostalgia.  

Dronkeys is being rethemed to Big Red Plane,  and I’m sure the Carosel will get some ABC characters 

TIL Bananas in Pyjamas is still being re-run on the ABC in 2022. That's some serious inter-generational appeal given people who remember the original show probably have kids in the age group that ABC Kids attracts.

FWIW, it'd be worth it chasing the Bluey license if you're gonna stick with ABC Kids. Though it would certainly be an expensive license, and the BBC owns the rights to my knowledge. Missed opportunity for a Bluey dark ride taking over the old TOT station plot - which will probably be taken over by rivertown.

Shrek is not a family IP like it was 10 years ago. Most of the people that grew up with the movies are in their late teens or are adults.

Edited by Baconjack

26 minutes ago, Baconjack said:

Shrek is not a family IP like it was 10 years ago. Most of the people that grew up with the movies are in their late teens or are adults.

...but just like BiP, movies and holiday specials are still being re-run on the networks. Heck, Universal Singapore is getting rid of Madagascar, but are still keeping Far Far Away (which is honestly one of the overall best areas in the park right now...)

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/11/2022 at 7:35 PM, Whombex said:

Could you please share the new park map showing this clueless layout and theming? 

They have a park map?  Never looked...well, not for years anyway!

Delighted to give some feedback on the layout and theming though...a) what USE to be the beautiful IMAX Theatre BUILDING at DW...now totally out of place...looks weird, you can and should build a new attraction INSIDE it, but don't butcher the exterior.  b) Also, that HIDEOUSE motorbike rollercoaster that totally DESTROYED the beautiful garden/river theming.  c) The new Steel Taipan - I've got no problem with the actual ride, but not where they put it.  There's a heap more, but these will do for now.

Let's hope the newgen DW mangement has some actual thempark planning skills....so far, a mixed report card!  In all fairness, I've not physically set foot in DW in over a decade, with no short-term plan to return...it's just not good enough for me, it hasn't been since Macquarie Bank accountants started ripping the soul out of it years ago, before Ardent was formed....who knows, maybe, I'll take a trip away again....one day!

Edited by RobMac
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

When the additions are completed in 2024, I would LOVE to see a remake of this ad.

Some rides would be changed to fit the modern era, for example instead of the Eureka Mountain Mine Ride they could use Jungle Rush, and Steel Taipan instead of Thunderbolt. Greg Yong has changed things for the better IMO and is bringing Dreamworld back to its roots.

• Like 3

I know it's not a priority for DW right now, but god damn that Sky Voyager building is an abomination. 

It was a mistake endlessly complained about on parkz at the time, and the concept art absolutely did not translate into reality.  That building wouldn't be out of place at the industrial park across the highway.

Here's hoping that the Main St facades (particularly Sky Voyager) get re-done with a consistent, classic and timeless theme after the new attractions are built.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, wikiverse said:

I know it's not a priority for DW right now, but god damn that Sky Voyager building is an abomination. 

It was a mistake endlessly complained about on parkz at the time, and the concept art absolutely did not translate into reality.  That building wouldn't be out of place at the industrial park across the highway.

Here's hoping that the Main St facades (particularly Sky Voyager) get re-done with a consistent, classic and timeless theme after the new attractions are built.

Add a new movie in the mix too! I don’t ride SV anymore because I’m sick of the same AUS movie… Where’s Canada? Europe? Africa? Something fictional like a Space Adventure? Heck, even chuck USA back into the mix again! 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, wikiverse said:

Removing Dream works is a good start imo. time less classic themes like what dreamworld was born on never get out dated. That’s why Disney still looks good despite the buildings and the steam trains looking like they are from 90 years ago. And why 50 plus year old cars just keep growing in value. Sky voyagers futuristic facade is only futuristic till its out dated (which happened basically instantly).  But Main Street style still looks good

Edited by REGIE

3 hours ago, TBoy said:

When the additions are completed in 2024, I would LOVE to see a remake of this ad.

Some rides would be changed to fit the modern era, for example instead of the Eureka Mountain Mine Ride they could use Jungle Rush, and Steel Taipan instead of Thunderbolt. Greg Yong has changed things for the better IMO and is bringing Dreamworld back to its roots.

I reckon this version is better. Really amps up the song and the visuals: 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DeU7x5S47-c

On 21/12/2022 at 7:16 PM, wikiverse said:

Only problem with this is that it would require Sky Voyager and possibly green bean to go down while they strip the entire facade to try and install a new, less jarring facade. Unlike the other buildings on Main Street that can be maintained/changed with a bit of paint and the occasionally replacement of some timber.