Jungle Rush Coaster

mattcrombie

Thanks for the diagram Gazza on the other post.

Does anyone have any concept of this "Inclined Turntable" from online? or is it something brand new? still trying to understand how it works to visualise it.

Also do you think the whole area where wiggles car ride is will be knocked down for this new Coaster? 

The coaster will go up an inclined track forward/backward, the train will be held in place, the track will rotate about 20 degrees on its axis and then the train will be released and will travel in the opposite direction. Which means the train will arrive back into the station facing the opposite way. The coaster was marketed as travelling in both directions during the presentation and you don’t know which way you will be leaving the station.

My understanding is the entire ABC kids area will be demolished, potentially even the restaurant and will be used for the new coaster and vintage cars. 

45 minutes ago, joz said:

You know how Scooby and Wild West have a turntable? Imagine that, but it's inclined. 😊

I'm inclined to agree with you.

39 minutes ago, GoGoBoy said:

Surely it's going to need a huge area? The mountain in the artists impression looks promising, but then we saw that with Atlantis and it didn't happen. Also 'show moments' is a huge thing for DW. Sadly, even VRTP seems to have given up on that (although at least Leviathan will have a themed station)

Could they be repurposing the TOT station zone? perhaps that is why they didn't remove those parts of the ride?

We could potentially see the TOT station building and tunnel under the train line be removed too during this whole construction phase. The reintroduction of Rivertown will also make the experience and journey on the DW Express much more interesting, rather than just looking at the back of old buildings

1 hour ago, themagician said:

The coaster will go up an inclined track forward/backward, the train will be held in place, the track will rotate about 20 degrees on its axis and then the train will be released and will travel in the opposite direction. Which means the train will arrive back into the station facing the opposite way. The coaster was marketed as travelling in both directions during the presentation and you don’t know which way you will be leaving the station.

So is it something like this?

Train can leave either fowards or backwards, and then the turntable connects into the main course with a transfer at the end to get it back into the station?

image.thumb.png.5dbedfaf76e5c54dc10dee9850b5fade.png

Or just a singular turntable and every 2nd train faces backwards?

image.thumb.png.053778102a9cbff5fcd821a1dad9b8cc.png

Edited by Gazza

1 minute ago, Gazza said:

Or just a singular turntable and every 2nd train faces backwards?

image.thumb.png.053778102a9cbff5fcd821a1dad9b8cc.png

It’s this. Every train Will experience going forwards or backwards. But you’ll either board the ride one way and return to the station facing the other. 

There will also be dedicated ‘show moments’ where the train will slow down. My understanding is it’s a similar concept to Hadgrids magical creature coaster at Universal Orlando. Not the same budget or scale and more whole family focused.

The coaster track is by Vekoma and cost less than Steel Taipan, but the entire attraction will cost $35 million due to the immersive theming and show scenes 

3 minutes ago, themagician said:

It’s this. Every train Will experience going forwards or backwards. But you’ll either board the ride one way and return to the station facing the other. 

If it's this one, I hope they do two queues, so you can choose your experience. If left to chance I see a bottleneck as people let others go in front because they're waiting for the correct facing seat - like waiting for the front but exponentially worse.

• Like 1

Depending on the layout, you could make it half and half, and have the turntable at the midpoint so its balanced. Depends if the first half or the latter half is better backwards though.

It's a cool concept. Panic Coaster Back Daaan does something like this with its layout, but you go around twice so you every train starts the same way.

Edited by Gazza

2 hours ago, themagician said:

My understanding is the entire ABC kids area will be demolished, potentially even the restaurant and will be used for the new coaster and vintage cars. 

The entrance sign in the artwork looks like its from the perspective of as you walk into abc kids world so this is correct. That restaurant frees up a lot of spare real estate that will probably need to be used for the coaster, unless it's going to cross the river (based on the concept art, it doesn't)

I wouldn't take the turntable wording too literally... this could easily mean 'flip track' as well. 
Think it's pretty obvious that this ride will feature a forwards and backwards component which utilises a track switch to achieve this. Think Firechaser Express at Dollywood for some inspo

3 hours ago, themagician said:

Their concept art has ABC Kids rides still though? Unless Bananas in Pyjamas is now Bananas in stripy blue and white sleeping attire?

BIP

25 minutes ago, Naazon said:

Their concept art has ABC Kids rides still though? Unless Bananas in Pyjamas is now Bananas in stripy blue and white sleeping attire?

That's a retheme of the Ogre-go-round.

ABC Kids is being integrated into the current DreamWorks footprint, alongside Kenny and Belinda's Dreamland and Ocean Parade

Here's a crude mockup of my understanding of the announcements:

crudemockup.thumb.png.bd92c95dd259c650cbbc54051f48e223.png

Edited by ThemeTendo
I didn't even attach the mockup
  • Like 1